The 2013/2014 Off Topic Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
... well in other (non news) - I am gradually getting together the gear to head back out to the ice myself. At the moment I need several things (new gloves --- mine died last time I played --- they wear out -well mine do - on the hand holding the butt end of the stick ... the tape on the stick gradually wears a hole in the thumb. Time to replace.

My skates also died - last time I skated -like 2007 I think (I have not lived in an area where you could get to a rink easily -- it used to take at least a 3 hour drive one way...) - I used those stupid terrycloth moisture absorbers ... one big hint NEVER EVER DO THIS. As if you leave it, guess what it does? It creates the type of rust that you cannot possibly sharpen off .... luckily they were cheap ones .... still the inconvenience of it all kinda blows ... I hate rental skates -and refuse to wear them.... so I gotta get some new wheels. (Mind you I am not young... but I am sort of into the Chelios thing on my own level... I want to play into my 50's (granted not at the NHL - so I mean there is a big difference along with the similarity :D ).

And then I am a big tired of contact lenses so am thinking about getting those types of things that Kurt Rambis, James Worthy, or that guy who used to play 3rd Base for the Reds wore in the 90's - sports goggles....

and maybe a cheapass mp3 player ... gotta have one of those -as one simply cannot skate without tunes - and in my case I probably need to start with my INXS library and go from there.

So that is all ahead of me.... and hopefully I don't end up getting killed -- a little drop in hockey in the AM in the middle of the work week - I think that would work pretty well.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
http://www.wrigleyvillesports.com/C...llig-Red-Premier-Jersey-w-Authentic-Lettering

media.nl

Birthday gift for Diehard :thinking:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You know I could use some help here. With Serious on his self imposed hiatus, I'm all by myself with the crusade against Bollig.

Hey I hate him too...no sense in it though. He has blackmail on Q.

That said, my grandpa stopped by and said after LA tied "Come on boys" and Sharp scored :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.