Doc Rivers deserves some coach of the year votes

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Lou Malnati's catering service has fed the Celtics after games in Chicago. "Maybe we like Chicago," Rivers joked after the tough double-OT loss, which ensures a return for Game 6 in Chicago. "The pizza is freakin' good."

Yeah, that Pizza is freakin good, as was the decision to have Lou Malnati's cater your food. That's some high end coaching right there.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
Well, Doc hasn't lost touch with his roots. As a recent Chicago ex-pat, great pizza is so hard to find. There are two pretty decent Chicago-style places out here in the SF Bay Area, but each have some flaw that keeps it from matching the real deal. For what it's worth, Lou's isn't my favorite in town, but I'd just about kill for some Lou's right about now. Whenever I come home for a visit, you can rest assured pizza is being ordered within 24 hours.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
I was reading our year book yesterday night and in the Vinny article they had Doc Rivers really credits Vinny with helping Doc make the transition from player to broadcaster/coach. They played together in 95/96, Docs last season in the league.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Lou Malnati's catering service has fed the Celtics after games in Chicago. "Maybe we like Chicago," Rivers joked after the tough double-OT loss, which ensures a return for Game 6 in Chicago. "The pizza is freakin' good."

Yeah, that Pizza is freakin good, as was the decision to have Lou Malnati's cater your food. That's some high end coaching right there.

Big baby and Perk may have come to blows over the last pie.

JakeN7

Liked Posts:
Re:Doc Rivers deserves some coach of the year vote

Oh how I would love some lou's right now... only a few more weeks until school is out. Doc knows what's up.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
Re:Doc Rivers deserves some coach of the year vote

Maybe after Game 6, Doc can escape his sorrows by indulging in his favorite Chicago style dog.