CCS Radio Live - Friday, 1/10/14 - 10pm CST

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You can't handle the truth!

You can rant about Tresty all you want - as long as you recognize that he had the same record as another coach in the NFC-N did in his first season...and finished 2nd to the Bears...who won the NFC Championship. :smug2:

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can rant about Tresty all you want - as long as you recognize that he had the same record as another coach in the NFC-N did in his first season...and finished 2nd to the Bears...who won the NFC Championship. :smug2:

Interesting. So you are saying that the Bears only SB appearance (loss) since 1985 was because they were playing against a weak division in which the usually strongest competition was inhibited by having a rookie head coach? I had never thought about it quite like that. Thanks. :)

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Interesting. So you are saying that the Bears only SB appearance (loss) since 1985 was because they were playing against a weak division in which the usually strongest competition was inhibited by having a rookie head coach? I had never thought about it quite like that. Thanks. :)

We know the NFC was weak that year. That didn't take away from the point about Trestman/McCarthy.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

You can spin it however you want -- just pointing out some similarities.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We know the NFC was weak that year. That didn't take away from the point about Trestman/McCarthy.

Don't really feel like hijacking another radio thread Mick so I will post this and leave it be.

Trestman took over 10-6, went 8-8 and barely missed the playoffs. He made blatant game mistakes that cost him the playoffs.
McCarthy took over 4-12, went 8-8 and barely missed the playoffs. I don't recall his blatant game mistakes (from that season).

Compare 8-8 your way. I'll compare it my way.

That's all.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Don't really feel like hijacking another radio thread Mick so I will post this and leave it be.

Trestman took over 10-6, went 8-8 and barely missed the playoffs. He made blatant game mistakes that cost him the playoffs.
McCarthy took over 4-12, went 8-8 and barely missed the playoffs. I don't recall his blatant game mistakes (from that season).

Compare 8-8 your way. I'll compare it my way.

That's all.

Fair enough.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Perhaps you could take your argument to the airwaves then?

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Perhaps you could take your argument to the airwaves then?

only 30 minutes, kids. Can't spend the whole show on that.

However...if the two of you would like...i'll moderate an on-air debate @ a later date. Fo'real.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
only 30 minutes, kids. Can't spend the whole show on that.

However...if the two of you would like...i'll moderate an on-air debate @ a later date. Fo'real.

I'm up for that. Based on my short track record with Bearmick and verbal debates I think he might be a bit afraid of that :)

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm up for that. Based on my short track record with Bearmick and verbal debates I think he might be a bit afraid of that :)

I think that MHL has affected your memory somewhat :)

You can have the Trestman chat whenever, that's X's debate not mine. I'd be happy to debate any topic we disagree on with you.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
topic for discussion later

RESOLVED: Cutler is a Douche and Forte Feels Disrespected By That

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that MHL has affected your memory somewhat :)

You can have the Trestman chat whenever, that's X's debate not mine. I'd be happy to debate any topic we disagree on with you.

Jog my memory. What have we disagreed on, Bears/Packers related?

Nick80

Andrew%2BRidgeley%2BBoyBandCrushesAndrewRidgeley1.jpg

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We go Live in 25!

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bump -- you can now call in. We can shoot the bull for 10 min or so if anyone wants to jump on.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Why do I have a feeling all the questions we hear on the radio show will be the same we read on here?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ugh, I can't listen to it on my phone :(