Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Mel Tucker is a great coach, leader and man! Our defense will be back to being the Monsters of the Midway!

Take it FWIW. Doesn't really say anything about him staying.

Do you have faith that Phil Emery and the coaching staff can turn this defense around in a short time?

This was the original question posed to Gould

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Why do all the playrs love Mel Tucker, what the fuck has she ever shown...

he must be giving them extra time off or something

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Why do all the playrs love Mel Tucker, what the fuck has she ever shown...

he must be giving them extra time off or something

The old handout theory

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Someone needs to ask if Robbie can feed his family now that he has a new deal...

I like Robbie Gould, but it's ridiculous when players make comments like that. Some people can feed their family when they are only making minimum wage, why can't a millionaire do the same?

LaTrell Sprewell lookin' ass.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I like Robbie Gould, but it's ridiculous when players make comments like that. Some people can feed their family when they are only making minimum wage, why can't a millionaire do the same?

Yeah right man, do you have any idea how much caviar, lobster, and filet mignon cost to eat every day?

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Yeah right man, do you have any idea how much caviar, lobster, and filet mignon cost to eat every day?

I do have an idea but that's his choice. He isn't forced to eat that way and live that lifestyle. A lot of people would be happy making 1/10th of what he is making and they would still be able to feed their families as well.

Not saying he needs to be like Joe Flacco and buy McNuggets but it makes him sound ungrateful when he says millions of dollars is not enough and that he can't feed his family. Don't spend a whole bunch of money until you know that you are set for the future.

A slap in the face to some people.

strockrocks

Liked Posts:
....and keep playing in that team ?

What else was he supposed to say ? It's a standard PR answer. Translation = "I don't want to comment on this".

I honestly don't know what to think anymore about Tucker. I obviously don't have a vote when it comes to keeping him or not so I'll just trust that whatever happens is the best course forward. Maybe they get better, maybe they don't. Too hard to tell.

Yes, I understand that no player is going to throw him under the bus but everything I've read from players in the past few weeks has been surprisingly positive. Sure, it could be bullshit; we'll never know but I find that interesting.

This morning on Twitter, Robbie took 20 minutes to answer questions. I happened to be up this morning at the time and was looking through the thread. He didn't HAVE to answer the question about the defense but he chose to. There were tons of questions being thrown his way and he still answered that question in detail; saying Tucker is a great leader, coach, and man.

I don't know. You would think if most of the team hated Tucker, he wouldn't have responded to that question.

I, personally, believes the defense needs a fresh start with somebody new. I don't know who is still out there or if anybody is a good fit but at this point, I'm more concerned with team chemistry and what goes on behind the scenes. If the players are happy with him (not sure how they could be) but if they are and want to continue forward another year, then go for it.

The Bears appear to be very unified through Trestman's effort to unify the entire team as one. Don't underestimate that aspect of the game...

We will see how it shakes out.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

um metaphor?

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
I honestly don't know what to think anymore about Tucker. I obviously don't have a vote when it comes to keeping him or not so I'll just trust that whatever happens is the best course forward. Maybe they get better, maybe they don't. Too hard to tell.

Yes, I understand that no player is going to throw him under the bus but everything I've read from players in the past few weeks has been surprisingly positive. Sure, it could be bullshit; we'll never know but I find that interesting.

This morning on Twitter, Robbie took 20 minutes to answer questions. I happened to be up this morning at the time and was looking through the thread. He didn't HAVE to answer the question about the defense but he chose to. There were tons of questions being thrown his way and he still answered that question in detail; saying Tucker is a great leader, coach, and man.

I don't know. You would think if most of the team hated Tucker, he wouldn't have responded to that question.

I, personally, believes the defense needs a fresh start with somebody new. I don't know who is still out there or if anybody is a good fit but at this point, I'm more concerned with team chemistry and what goes on behind the scenes. If the players are happy with him (not sure how they could be) but if they are and want to continue forward another year, then go for it.

The Bears appear to be very unified through Trestman's effort to unify the entire team as one. Don't underestimate that aspect of the game...

We will see how it shakes out.

Kind of like he'll keep going for it on 4th down,that worked out well too!

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Last week some state of Illinois auditors asked me about my boss. How I felt about him and his way of doing things. My boss is the Vice President of our company and although I despise him I would never say anything bad about him on record. That's how you end up broke and quick.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ask DJ Moore what happens when a player publicly criticizes the coaching staff.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ask DJ Moore what happens when a player publicly criticizes the coaching staff.

I thought he got doghoused after talking shit about Cutler.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
This is the same kicker who staunchly defended St. Joseph of Paterno, so he's got that going for him on his coaching evaluation resume.