Brad Biggs Mailbox

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A lot of questions regarding defense, Mel Tucker, and free agency.

Basically he writes that he believes the Bears will keep Tucker based on the fact they would have let him go if they didn't want him.
Does not see a switch to a 3-4 even with Shea at LB.

The most interesting nugget was that he believes the Bears will only sign 1 major free agent which will obviously be a defensive lineman.
So it looks like vets at Safety with Conte(Major Wright is all but gone) back to compete, 1 major free agent lineman, and a bunch of rookies.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
1 major free agent doesn't mean more quality players will not be signed. It is also his opinion.

Reactions: WCL

Man

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't understand why Major Wright gets a free pass while Conte gets all the blame. Conte did have a few awful plays, but Wright was awful on a consistent basis. I don't know what happened to the guy, he seemed to have a ton of promise just a couple years ago.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
star-wars-porkins-o.gif

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah i figured other vets but forgot to write that. Biggs usually has a decent pulse on the rumor mill of Halas hall. Don't really care for his writing but he seems to know what's coming prior to anyone else.

Hopefully we get a good vet ala Slauson last year.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Didn't Dan Pompei answer virtually the same questions Biggs did like a week ago? Way to go Biggs, you simply copied and pasted Pompei's answers on twitter and made them your own...

The only original thought Biggs ever gets is when he sits on the toilet, but then he promptly loses when he flushes.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People link or paste articles so we can read them and not just get spin of spin.

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
Beat writers usually go the conservative route in predictions to not raise the expectations of fans. At least that's the trend I see from the local Chicago journalists. He could very well be right, but I'm not taking really believing him either.

Nick80

As long as the Bears win in FA i don't mind. Then they also have to win at the draft too.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yeah i figured other vets but forgot to write that. Biggs usually has a decent pulse on the rumor mill of Halas hall. Don't really care for his writing but he seems to know what's coming prior to anyone else.

Hopefully we get a good vet ala Slauson last year.

The thing is this is January, no reporters and even most of the Bears FO know what they are going to do yet? Based on cap space alone, it's not hard to figure out that the Bears can only get one big FA signing. It's not Biggs knowing stuff that most don't. The safeties will be addressed, Emery just about said it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A lot of questions regarding defense, Mel Tucker, and free agency.

Basically he writes that he believes the Bears will keep Tucker based on the fact they would have let him go if they didn't want him.
Does not see a switch to a 3-4 even with Shea at LB.

The most interesting nugget was that he believes the Bears will only sign 1 major free agent which will obviously be a defensive lineman.
So it looks like vets at Safety with Conte(Major Wright is all but gone) back to compete, 1 major free agent lineman, and a bunch of rookies.
He's simply stating the most likely things to happen derived from the same info we get and has no special insight. Carries no weight for me what so ever.