Evaluations still ongoing for Tucker, Bears coaching staff

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I guess I haven't seen where Emery excused the performance of the D and proclaimed that no changes will be made.
I think others have made a good point saying they would have made a move by now. Can't say that's what I hoped, but we'll see.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why does the coaching staff need an additional two weeks to evaluate something the fans can see with their own eyes? There's a huge consensus that's damn near unanimous on this board that Tucker needs to go and it's based on the lack of adjustments and the lack of creativity we all saw throughout the entire season.

You as a fan have seen it with your own eyes, Tucker needs to be fired. There was no improvement, there was no development, there was no real adjustments or game planning or creativity going on. This has been Tucker's M.O. since he became a defensive coordinator, it's what failed him in Jacksonville, and it failed him in Chicago.

We've all seen it, we saw the same FRICKING thinig with Shea McClellin. It doesn't matter that we haven't played the game, it doesn't matter that we're not high level GMs or high level NFL scouts we all know what has to be done.

This situation with Tucker is the NO DUH scenario that even a simple fan can figure, so the question is why can't the Bears front office figure it out? It was a questionable (BAD) hire from the get go and it hasn't worked out for the reasons just about everyone saw when he was with Jacksonville. It's not going to change unless they fire Mel Tucker.

I am sorry that Phil Emery does not personally hold your hand as he ushers you through every step of his thought process and future plans... derp.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lot of douchery on the board today

Mitchapalooza

Can't we all just get along? - George Washington, after he broke the sound barrier.

Sent from Cuba

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Why does the coaching staff need an additional two weeks to evaluate something the fans can see with their own eyes? There's a huge consensus that's damn near unanimous on this board that Tucker needs to go and it's based on the lack of adjustments and the lack of creativity we all saw throughout the entire season.

You as a fan have seen it with your own eyes, Tucker needs to be fired. There was no improvement, there was no development, there was no real adjustments or game planning or creativity going on. This has been Tucker's M.O. since he became a defensive coordinator, it's what failed him in Jacksonville, and it failed him in Chicago.

We've all seen it, we saw the same FRICKING thinig with Shea McClellin. It doesn't matter that we haven't played the game, it doesn't matter that we're not high level GMs or high level NFL scouts we all know what has to be done.

This situation with Tucker is the NO DUH scenario that even a simple fan can figure, so the question is why can't the Bears front office figure it out? It was a questionable (BAD) hire from the get go and it hasn't worked out for the reasons just about everyone saw when he was with Jacksonville. It's not going to change unless they fire Mel Tucker.
And who exactly has been available at this point that would be a clear upgrade to Tucker that the Bears have missed out on?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wiederer's article is just stating the obvious; he has no new info from anyone on the bears. Which we already knew.

"the message remains the same: stay tuned." is a clever way of saying "I was unable to get a response from anyone from the Bears regarding Tucker's status, so I must assume everything that was said two weeks ago is still accurate... I should write another article about everything everyone already knows!"

It's amazing how people on here think that this is new news.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Lot of douchery on the board today
the-ultimate-beard-of-douchery.jpg

rudder

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess I haven't seen where Emery excused the performance of the D and proclaimed that no changes will be made.

One thing that depressed me more and more as the season went along was the post game press conferences. Trestman almost always praised the defense no matter how bad they played. Then, during the post season press conference, although he didn't give a ringing endorsement, didn't really address how bad the defense was other than they were "evaluating". I don't know if you'd call what I feel "hysteria" but I sure as hell don't feel comfortable at this point. I can't blindly believe that Trestman and Emery will make the right choice as they've already proven that they are indeed fallible on defensive decisions.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
why even fix the defense? its not like we are perfect offensively but we at top 6 there is hope there. Just a get a new dc at least but i prefer to use assets on helping the offense, more specifically the protecting for cutler he was injured for 5 games, then allocating assets to help out out tuckers barren wasteland of a unit. And i feel bad for a guy like jennings who plays his ass off every game but has to be linked with the futility.

Mitchapalooza

why even fix the defense? its not like we are perfect offensively but we at top 6 there is hope there. Just a get a new dc at least but i prefer to use assets on helping the offense, more specifically the protecting for cutler he was injured for 5 games, then allocating assets to help out out tuckers barren wasteland of a unit. And i feel bad for a guy like jennings who plays his ass off every game but has to be linked with the futility.

Lets ignore the defense yeah but add to the 2nd highest scoring offense.

You cant make this stuff up.

Only thing we need on offense is a center.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
And who exactly has been available at this point that would be a clear upgrade to Tucker that the Bears have missed out on?

Raheem Morris would be the first person I'd call, Ray Horton, Leslie Frazier is the guy we missed out on...so that's three that I'd take over Tucker.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
Lets ignore the defense yeah but add to the 2nd highest scoring offense.

You cant make this stuff up.

Only thing we need on offense is a center.
they want to bring roberto garza back. What u dont understand bro, is that jay missed 5 games and we just paid him 100+ million.
Seriosuly i never loved the idea of rebuilding the defense with new players blah fn blah. First things first and gotta get a competent dc. U wanna waste assets to give to tucker!? id rather they go to trestmans unit and actually keep our qb upright.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
It's amazing how people on here think that this is new news.

Not really, the ones who believe that this article is new news are the ones that constantly have their head up their asses and are desperately seeking something as stupid and this article to help them make their point for them. They have absolutely no balls of their own, they just cling to articles like this to try and make their arguments for them or so that they can come back and say they were right all along.

Nick80

they want to bring roberto garza back. What u dont understand bro, is that jay missed 5 games and we just paid him 100+ million.
Seriosuly i never loved the idea of rebuilding the defense with new players blah fn blah. First things first and gotta get a competent dc. U wanna waste assets to give to tucker!? id rather they go to trestmans unit and actually keep our qb upright.

omgwtf.gif.pagespeed.ce.2JLuFTkmGG.gif

Mitchapalooza

They gotta fire tucker. Or get better d players. And Cutler's injury was because he held onto the ball. Routine sack, freak accident. Our oline did good this year

Sent from Cuba

Nick80

Not really, the ones who believe that this article is new news are the ones that constantly have their head up their asses and are desperately seeking something as stupid and this article to help them make their point for them. They have absolutely no balls of their own, they just cling to articles like this to try and make their arguments for them or so that they can come back and say they were right all along.

You keep shooting for that goal, it's an amazing feeling.