Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
During Rookie mini-camp, Mike Martz stated that the Bears WR's were the strength of this team. Do you Agree?

Me personally I say no. I think our LB's our the strength of this team. The WR's still need some improvement.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right now I have to agree with you. I feel though, that with the proper seasoning this group of receivers could be something special. We still don't really have that really big receiver, but I feel like Aromashado (or however you spell it) with his catching ability and his ability to extend his body to make catches, he could be that big receiver. I also feel that RB is going to be a strength of this team.

Last edited:

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
Until they put on their pads and do one on one drill, I can't see how he can or anyone else can say what is the strength of this team. Especially since nothing was a strength of this team last year.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The coaches ineptitude is the strength of this team

omc1969

Liked Posts:
The coaches ineptitude is the strength of this team

Well most of the bad coaches have been shown the door so we really don't know what we have until TC. Lets hope that Lovie gets his head out of his ass and lets our new coaches run the show. It's really his last chance!

ButchCrassidy

Liked Posts:
South Side of Chicago (formerly of 87th, currently
This is arrogant Mike "I coach Marshall Faulk, but I won't give him the damn ball" Martz talking. I've been saying since the start of last year, the Bears don't NEED a clear-cut #1 WR. They've got a solid corps, with versatile skills. Cutler can really spread the ball around with this group, rather than having a BMarsh, who wants 20 balls a game. I'm sure they'll be much improved by the start of the season, and with Cutler and Devin Whatwontchado gaining a little rapport, the passing game should be much better than it was in 2009.

Manticore

Liked Posts:
I've been saying since the start of last year, the Bears don't NEED a clear-cut #1 WR. They've got a solid corps, with versatile skills. Cutler can really spread the ball around with this group, rather than having a BMarsh, who wants 20 balls a game. I'm sure they'll be much improved by the start of the season, and with Cutler and Devin Whatwontchado gaining a little rapport, the passing game should be much better than it was in 2009.

THIS.

I've been hard pressed to find anyone to agree with me on this. As was his days in St.Louis with Warner,Martz didn't need a go to reciever. Bruce and Holt aren't large recievers by any means and the Bears seem to have players comparable to them in regards to skill set. Hester's stats have almost doubled every year at the position and Knox,Bennett, and Aromashadu all showed a lot of promise. Iglesias just so happens to project to be one of Martz' kind of guys with his most promising asset out of college being his route running. So, I would be more suprised by the recievers flopping than them breaking out. But maybe that's just the homer in me.

ButchCrassidy

Liked Posts:
South Side of Chicago (formerly of 87th, currently
THIS.

I've been hard pressed to find anyone to agree with me on this. As was his days in St.Louis with Warner,Martz didn't need a go to reciever. Bruce and Holt aren't large recievers by any means and the Bears seem to have players comparable to them in regards to skill set. Hester's stats have almost doubled every year at the position and Knox,Bennett, and Aromashadu all showed a lot of promise. Iglesias just so happens to project to be one of Martz' kind of guys with his most promising asset out of college being his route running. So, I would be more suprised by the recievers flopping than them breaking out. But maybe that's just the homer in me.

EXACTLY. Bruce and Holt were great receivers, but I don't think they were the type of WRs to carry a team by themselves. They also had a speed guy in Az-Hakim, who Johnny Knox reminds me of. Speedy slot guy, with the ability to return kicks. Throw in the fact that Martz has said he might use Olsen as a WR at times, and this should shape up to be a very good WR corps. People rave about the Packers WRs, but they don't have a clear-cut #1, either. It's just a matter of the Bears WRs being on the same page w/Cutler and producing this year.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
All last year all we heard from people is the Bears don't have a #1 WR. Well as far as I know a lot of teams don't have a true #1 WR and some of those teams keep on winning and some teams with the So called #1 WR keep on losing. And how do we know we don't have a true #1 WR from last year which was for most of our WR their first year in the NFL. Time will tell but for now I think we have a very good core of WR and if the O line can hold the defensive line then we might be able to see just how good they can be.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy cow. Nearly 8 years ago. Cutler, Martz, WR being a strength.

Wow, we've fallen reallllllllllllllllllllly far from those "glory" days.

Wildest5

Liked Posts:

Do we really need a thread that died nearly 8 years ago brought back to the top? How long did it take you to go back and actually dig this little gem up?

Liked Posts:

3816548.jpg

Dick Jauron

Donator
Liked Posts:
I was just curious about some of the oldest threads on here and came across this one. I guess I should've started a new thread and linked to this one? Geez.

But in just 8 years though, look at how much has changed. Craziness.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was just curious about some of the oldest threads on here and came across this one. I guess I should've started a new thread and linked to this one? Geez.

But in just 8 years though, look at how much has changed. Craziness.

… but they weren’t a strength back then either. Knox/Hester/Williams/Hurd.

Pretty awful if you ask me. At least Knox would fit Nagy’s system though so there is that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Jauron

Donator
Liked Posts:
… but they weren’t a strength back then either. Knox/Hester/Williams/Hurd.

Pretty awful if you ask me. At least Knox would fit Nagy’s system though so there is that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's all I'm trying to say!! I should've been clear in the OP that the WR situation is very similar, if not worse back then. Then we had Martz doing cocaine and claiming it was a strength.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Would it have been better for Martz to say, " Our WR's fuckin suck bruh". Nagy and Pace at least realize it's a weakness....

Status
Not open for further replies.