Ronaldo Becomes World's Best Player/Passes Messi

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After Messi being the best player in the world for four years, Ronaldo wins the FIFA Ballon d'Or and has finally surpassed Messi. Ronaldo received 1,365 points, Messi 1,205 and Ribéry 1,127 in voting.

Thoughts?

Ronaldo's 2013 year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHi402TS2WI

Last edited:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Disagree with it, but oh well, not much you can do about it.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Disagree with it, but oh well, not much you can do about it.

If voting is anything like here in American sports, people get tired of the same guy winning each year. Plus, I think there really isn't a wrong choice with those two.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
If voting is anything like here in American sports, people get tired of the same guy winning each year. Plus, I think there really isn't a wrong choice with those two.

The players had votes too though, which I found weird.

My opinion is that if the player really is the best, who cares how many times he wins it in a row?

Besides, we all know that Mike Magee should have won it anyway.

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
Lahm deserved it and if it wasn't going to be him(obviously became an offensive player award), then Ribéry deserved it. I know this is an individual award, but they all basically all have equally great supporting casts, so to me, it's up to who makes the most of it. Ribéry 5 trophies, Messi 1, Ronaldo 0. Mourinho asks Ronaldo to maybe do some more defensive back tracking like Robben and Ribéry started doing for Bayern, and he goes 2-3 weeks without talking to Mourinho. Ronaldo is more about himself than the team and that's why his team will constantly fall short in the semi finals, because good teams can and will stop it.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Lahm deserved it and if it wasn't going to be him(obviously became an offensive player award), then Ribéry deserved it. I know this is an individual award, but they all basically all have equally great supporting casts, so to me, it's up to who makes the most of it. Ribéry 5 trophies, Messi 1, Ronaldo 0. Mourinho asks Ronaldo to maybe do some more defensive back tracking like Robben and Ribéry started doing for Bayern, and he goes 2-3 weeks without talking to Mourinho. Ronaldo is more about himself than the team and that's why his team will constantly fall short in the semi finals, because good teams can and will stop it.

Never been a Ronaldo fan.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we have to beat Portugal in the World Cup, and our defense has 2 or 3 bums in it. Its a tough match-up for them, but Portugal is very selfish, dives alot, and becomes babies if you are physical, will start taking cheap shots. Ronoldo can get pissy if he isn't getting what he wants, we have to win that game and defeat Ghana and try to tie Germany. Do two of those 3 things and we have a chance to emerge from the mess.