Game # 6: Celtics @ Bulls - TNT 04/30 6pm

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Re:Game # 6: Celtics @ Bulls - TNT 04/30 6pm or 8:

The refs are likely going to give us breaks in this game.

If we keep our composure and aggressively attack the rim then we'll dominate at the FT line. As long as we shoot okay, and as long as we don't try to go out and seek vengeance and let the officials do it for us, then I think we'll win the game.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
Re:Game # 6: Celtics @ Bulls - TNT 04/30 6pm or 8:30p

i betcha bulls lose this next game!

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Re:Game # 6: Celtics @ Bulls - TNT 04/30 6pm or 8:30p

Well you're rooting for Rondo now right, so that should make you happy.
:laugh:

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:

dougthonus wrote:
The refs are likely going to give us breaks in this game.

I hope not, because what you're implying is that the NBA is basically a version of the WWE that does a better job of pretending it's a real sport.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:

I hope not, because what you're implying is that the NBA is basically a version of the WWE that does a better job of pretending it's a real sport.

I don't think they'll rig the game. I just think there will be a point of emphasis on legit fouls the Celtics were making down low that maybe weren't called before, but the national attention achieved by this foul will force them to be brought to light.

J-Mart

Liked Posts:

So who is goin to the game? It will be my first trip to the UC in a long time so I'm pumped.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:

I will be watching to see if any tickets open up just around 4pm from desperate ebayers tomorrow. If I can get a good seat at a reasonable price I'll go.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:

Check out Bulls.com too. The ticketholders sometimes throw out a ticket for decent price. How much are you willing to spend?

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:

They have couple 1 seaters for 60

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

dougthonus wrote:
I will be watching to see if any tickets open up just around 4pm from desperate ebayers tomorrow. If I can get a good seat at a reasonable price I'll go.

Let me ask you a question Doug, do you feel the Bulls treat you good as a season ticket holder? Do they invite you to clubs during games that have free drinks and free food, tours right before the season? I sure hope so.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:

Let me ask you a question Doug, do you feel the Bulls treat you good as a season ticket holder? Do they invite you to clubs during games that have free drinks and free food, tours right before the season? I sure hope so.

I've gotten free upgrades a couple times at games for my tickets. They offer you free tours, the autograph signing session, you get presale access to some other UC events (I've gotten really good concern tickets with that before), so overall I'm pretty happy with the experience.

I mean in the end, you're paying for games, they can't do too much special for you given that they have 10,000 other season ticket holders.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

dougthonus wrote:

I've gotten free upgrades a couple times at games for my tickets. They offer you free tours, the autograph signing session, you get presale access to some other UC events (I've gotten really good concern tickets with that before), so overall I'm pretty happy with the experience.

I mean in the end, you're paying for games, they can't do too much special for you given that they have 10,000 other season ticket holders.

Seems like they do good by you. I know they cant do more however they have to show some appreciation and it seems like they are doing it. Mets have been doing alot this year with the new stadium and the high prices.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

Something to look out for. Eddy Curry may be going to the game tonight. He just landed in Chicago last night.

If we could get Eddy Curry to sit behind the Celtics bench and just yell at Kevin Garnett in a battle of intensity, that would be great.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

??? ?????? wrote:
Something to look out for. Eddy Curry may be going to the game tonight. He just landed in Chicago last night.

If we could get Eddy Curry to sit behind the Celtics bench and just yell at Kevin Garnett in a battle of intensity, that would be great.
Please, Eddy would be tapping KG's shoulder and asking if he is done with that popcorn and coke.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

TheStig wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

Please, Eddy would be tapping KG's shoulder and asking if he is done with that popcorn and coke.

Actually he would be asking KG for 20 grand in cash.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:

??? ?????? wrote:

Perhaps he could just eat KG?

And then floss with Rondo?

That would kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

BTW, in addition to that Rondo foul, I expect us to get a very friendly whistle tonight. You know David Stern an Co. want this to go 7 games. I don't think they particularly cares who wins the Game 7, but they probably don't want this series to end tonight.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:

From KC Johnson's blog

Do the Bulls need to place a hard foul on Rondo? “We’ll play that by ear. We’ve given up too many layups and we’ve talked about that a lot. Now it’s executing the game plan and that’s in the gameplan. You can’t give up layups and easy baskets in the playoffs. We’ve done a little better job but not as much as I would like.”

On Ben Gordon’s availability: “I don’t think he’s worse. But I don’t think he’s better. He won’t be better until he gets time off. Hopefully he can battle through it again. I know he’s in pain. But he’s such a weapon for us that we need him out there.”

On if he reconsidered his strategy not to double-team Paul Pierce down the stretch of Game 5: “We’ve sent doubles at him. We’ve played him single coverage. We didn’t execute some of the things down the stretch we would’ve liked. I’ll take the brunt of that because they’re my players. Guys have to understand what we’re trying to do out there and whether we’re going to double Pierce or keep size on him. But the shots he hit were great shots. He’s a great player. They’re fadeaways. Great players step up and make plays. It’s always to second-guess the next day---could’ve done this, should’ve done that. Everyone has all the perfect answers. But they don’t. You’re kidding yourself if you think you do. No coach does.”

This last answer made it sound like Del Negro instructed players to double-team Pierce but that they didn’t execute his instructions. This would contradict an answer from John Salmons in the direct aftermath of Game 5, who said he was instructed to use single-coverage on Pierce. That’s why Del Negro was asked a follow-up on the team’s strategy, and this is what he said:

“We didn’t keep size on him on the first one. We had different guys who could’ve helped out a bit. You have to execute the game plan. But our guys are playing hard. They’ve been resilient all year. I’m proud of the direction and work ethic and focus.”

The first one he is referring to is the tying jumper at the end of regulation that Pierce hit after Derrick Rose switched with Salmons. The rest of the answer doesn’t really address Pierce’s three straight jumpers over Salmons in overtime.

Pierce, meanwhile, bruised his left calf but didn’t expect it to hamper him in Game 6.

“I’m a little sore, but I’ll use today to recover, get a message, rest and I’ll be ready,” Pierce said Wednesday at the Celtics’ practice facility in Waltham, Mass., before leaving for Chicago. “It’s nothing more than a light bruise on the calf muscle so some ice and stuff should be able to take care of it.”

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
anyone have a stream hookup? (justin.tv wont work for me, hopefully someone might have another option)