CCS Mock Draft Chatter

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
Detroit Lions have made it very clear they'd like to trade down in 3rd (12th) and pick up an extra 4th! PM me w any offer. Thanks!

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was going to take Roberson but thought Baptiste was more of an Emery pick. And there hasnt been great talent at TE in recent drafts, Eifert was the best prospect from the last few years but I can see 2 TE's this year in the 1st. Ebron was a monster this year and will probably blow the competition away at the combine.

Honestly - I was stoked that Roberson was still available for the Saints. I literally checked the board 3 times to make sure he hadn't been picked. Getting him and DT Will Sutton at the back end of the 2nd round was incredible value, imo.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the Third pick in the Third round the Oakland Raiders select - Marcus Roberson - CB - Florida

With one of either Tracey Porter or Mike Jenkins likely to hit FA the Raiders look to add youth and depth to their secondry. Roberson offers some value here, and will compete at the nickle from the get go.

The Atlanta Falcons are now on the clock. (PM'd)

Already picked by X.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
With the Third pick in the Third round the Oakland Raiders select - Marcus Roberson - CB - Florida

With one of either Tracey Porter or Mike Jenkins likely to hit FA the Raiders look to add youth and depth to their secondry. Roberson offers some value here, and will compete at the nickle from the get go.

The Atlanta Falcons are now on the clock. (PM'd)

Roberson was drafted already. Comment #78 on page 4. Would have been a good pick if he was available though. I want the Bears to draft him.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Honestly - I was stoked that Roberson was still available for the Saints. I literally checked the board 3 times to make sure he hadn't been picked. Getting him and DT Will Sutton at the back end of the 2nd round was incredible value, imo.

I was thinking Roberson or Baptise in the 2nd but went with Baptiste because I feel that is more realistic to what Emery would choose.

Snorch

Liked Posts:
Roberson was drafted already. Comment #78 on page 4. Would have been a good pick if he was available though. I want the Bears to draft him.

In his behalf. He was most likely going off the picks page that is dated as always. Waiting twenty hours for two picks will do that

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
In his behalf. He was most likely going off the picks page that is dated as always. Waiting twenty hours for two picks will do that

Yeah I had no problem with it, I was just letting them know that the player was picked already.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
this whole draft will need to be redone when compensatory picks are rewarded in late march.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Will losing Nick Roach qualify the Bears for a compensatory pick next year? -- @Bavick34, from Twitter

No, the Bears won't be getting any comp picks next year because they signed Jermon Bushrod and Martellus Bennett. Compensatory picks are awarded to teams that lose more unrestricted free agents than they sign. The formula for awarding comp picks is understood by very few mortals. But I can tell you the picks are determined by the difference of the contracts signed by the players lost and the players acquired, as well as the performances of the players. At least part of the formula is subjective.

Damn, a mid round pick would help.

Nick80

Sorry for that fuck up in the picks thread. I was going Corner and it was between those two guys, didn't see X had taken him already. Anyway, I was still going to go corner. Just incase anyone was wondering :)

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Will losing Nick Roach qualify the Bears for a compensatory pick next year? -- @Bavick34, from Twitter

No, the Bears won't be getting any comp picks next year because they signed Jermon Bushrod and Martellus Bennett. Compensatory picks are awarded to teams that lose more unrestricted free agents than they sign. The formula for awarding comp picks is understood by very few mortals. But I can tell you the picks are determined by the difference of the contracts signed by the players lost and the players acquired, as well as the performances of the players. At least part of the formula is subjective.

Damn, a mid round pick would help.

That's means though that next year there's a good chance we get a few Becuase we have a ton on UFA this year.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
this whole draft will need to be redone when compensatory picks are rewarded in late march.

We'll do a 7 round mock shortly after, hopefully.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry for that fuck up in the picks thread. I was going Corner and it was between those two guys, didn't see X had taken him already. Anyway, I was still going to go corner. Just incase anyone was wondering :)

I was hoping your pick would fall my way, but alas....solid pick though.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Bears draft a safety in the third round.

Shocking.

Taking a safety in the 3rd is a tradition I didn't want to break. But in all seriousness Emery previously stated that they were a safety short last year and with Wright possibly not being resigned a safety is a must. Come actual draft day I can see a trade down in the 1st to accumulate more pics to give Emery some wiggle room.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Taking a safety in the 3rd is a tradition I didn't want to break. But in all seriousness Emery previously stated that they were a safety short last year and with Wright possibly not being resigned a safety is a must. Come actual draft day I can see a trade down in the 1st to accumulate more pics to give Emery some wiggle room.

Taking a safety makes sense this year, so I wouldn't be surprised with a safety in the first three rounds.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Taking a safety makes sense this year, so I wouldn't be surprised with a safety in the first three rounds.

Exactly. even if we sign a safety it's still a need. Brooks in the 3rd is good value IMO and is a player who is rising. 5'11 197 at the senior bowl we will probably see him around 205+ come combine time.