Can we get some actual Cubs mods on the Cubs Board?

Liked Posts:
Instead, we have an assortment of White Sox mods who are free to troll our board at their convenience. It's actually quite incredible that our team can be so bad, yet we still have fans from other teams that are continuously jealous of us.

It really is pretty stupid, and frankly gay. (pardon my language)

You don't see any of us Cub fans ever trolling the White Sox board, because frankly none of us really give a damn about the Sox. I suggest CCS reign in its admins and hold some sort of level of accountability around here.

Then we have our resident troll frontrunner, patg006. Lord only knows why this guy hasn't been banned yet. He's not an admin obviously, but he's claims who claims to be a Cubs fan, yet he hates on anyone who basically shows any support for this current Cubs team. He's labeled certain posters with the "waste of DNA" card on multiple occasions. Anyone familiar with my past is aware that I'm all for trash talk, but this seems over the line, and sickening.

This kind of BS would have never been tolerated during my early days as a poster at CBSSports.com, where the message boards there were discontinued in April of 2013. Really, it seems the only reason it is tolerated is because of the Twitter generation. And I'm not even that old...

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I have nothing but good things to say regarding the Cubs.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
iz Rice Cube died?

and what happened to cubsneedamiracle?

smh

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Instead, we have an assortment of White Sox mods who are free to troll our board at their convenience. It's actually quite incredible that our team can be so bad, yet we still have fans from other teams that are continuously jealous of us.

You don't see any of us Cub fans ever trolling the White Sox board, because frankly none of us really give a damn about the Sox. I suggest CCS reign in its admins and hold some sort of level of accountability around here.

Then we have our resident troll frontrunner, patg006. Lord only knows why this guy hasn't been banned yet. He's not an admin obviously, but he's claims who claims to be a Cubs fan, yet he hates on anyone who basically shows any support for this current Cubs team. He's labeled certain posters with the "waste of DNA" card on multiple occasions. Anyone familiar with my past is aware that I'm all for trash talk, but this seems over the line, and sickening.

This kind of BS would have never been tolerated during my early days as a poster at CBSSports.com, where the message boards there were discontinued in April of 2013. Really, it seems the only reason it is tolerated is because of the Twitter generation. And I'm not even that old...

Dabs and myself are the primary moderators of the Cubs forum. Not sure how much RiceCube will be posting once the season rolls in, so I can't speak for him, especially with his commitments to WSD. One thing you guys need to understand is that unless a rules violation, it's not grounds for banishment. Trust me, I've been monitoring everything. I understand your frustration with people trying to have actual discussions and debates about the Cubs and baseball in general that get derailed by a handful of people who only want to cause problems and irritate you.

I personally ignore the bullshit -- I don't let people who roam the Sox forum ruin my enjoyment because, quite frankly, I could care less what they have to say. If they want to have an insightful, intelligent conversation about baseball, then I'll always be game to talk. If they just want to poorly execute juvenile attempts at trolling, then I'll continue to ignore it. Until they actually break rules, my suggestion is to put any member you don't want to deal with on ignore.

Liked Posts:
Look, I get it that a lot of Cub fans hate on Theo. BooBaby, SlienceS, and Daddies3Angels or whatever he goes by all do it. But only one poster is as obsessive about it as patg006 is. I can tolerate difference of opinion, I just don't like obsessive posters whom we can predict exactly what they are going to post by word.

I also understand that some Cub fans want their World Series title to be fabricated Miami Heat-style. Sorry, but it just doesn't work that way in baseball (not that it actually does in basketball either). The Theo/Jed addition to our front office may have been perhaps the most publicized front office addition in sports history. However, they didn't come here for it to be easy.

That DewsSox guy is also a clown and would be another guy who would have gotten the boot on my old website, say in 2008.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
That DewsSox guy is also a clown and would be another guy who would have gotten the boot on my old website, say in 2008.

We aren't your old website. I understand your concern but, we try not to run things like a daycare. If a poster is annoying you to the point it's ruining your experience, place them on ignore and their posts will no longer show for you.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think you are being extra sensitive. If you do not like negative talk and only like kool aid discussion either 1) message boards aren't for you or 2) you can ignore any of us including me.

As far as us sox fans being "jealous" you can think that all you want if it makes you feel better.

I have stated time and time again that I do not care about attendance, guys with popped collared polo shirts, an influx of unproven top specs, girls getting wasted in the bleachers....I care about winning. All that matters is a championship nothing more nothing less. I cant speak for anyone else though. if you have a problem or are sad about someone having negative opinions on your team you can ignore it. very simple.

Liked Posts:
We aren't your old website. I understand your concern but, we try not to run things like a daycare. If a poster is annoying you to the point it's ruining your experience, place them on ignore and their posts will no longer show for you.

Hope you're proud that most your admins are trolls, then.

Ignore feature couldn't be more useless if the other person can see your posts. You might as well just take the approach of a teenage girl trying to block out an ex-boyfriend. It's quite juvenile and degrading. The folks on the upper end of the totem pole around here need to take accountability, plain and simple.

Liked Posts:
Not sure how much RiceCube will be posting once the season rolls in, so I can't speak for him, especially with his commitments to WSD.

Ah yes, Rice Cube. I believe he's the one that got salami banned. :wacko:

Liked Posts:
I think you are being extra sensitive. If you do not like negative talk and only like kool aid discussion either 1) message boards aren't for you or 2) you can ignore any of us including me.

As far as us sox fans being "jealous" you can think that all you want if it makes you feel better.

I have stated time and time again that I do not care about attendance, guys with popped collared polo shirts, an influx of unproven top specs, girls getting wasted in the bleachers....I care about winning. All that matters is a championship nothing more nothing less. I cant speak for anyone else though. if you have a problem or are sad about someone having negative opinions on your team you can ignore it. very simple.

Did you wake up one morning thinking you were back in middle school? I've been a message boarder long enough to know jealousy when I see it. Clearly you're jealous of something with your repetitive and obsessive posts on the Cubs board. It's quite OK to be jealous, but it takes a real man to admit it.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I feel for the Cubs fans, because I know how much my blood would boil when CNM, and Dabs would troll the Sox forum.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you wake up one morning thinking you were back in middle school? I've been a message boarder long enough to know jealousy when I see it. Clearly you're jealous of something with your repetitive and obsessive posts on the Cubs board. It's quite OK to be jealous, but it takes a real man to admit it.

you got it man!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel for the Cubs fans, because I know how much my blood would boil when CNM, and Dabs would troll the Sox forum.

im not trolling. im participating. I troll once in a while. when did you become so soft?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dabs and myself are the primary moderators of the Cubs forum. Not sure how much RiceCube will be posting once the season rolls in, so I can't speak for him, especially with his commitments to WSD. One thing you guys need to understand is that unless a rules violation, it's not grounds for banishment. Trust me, I've been monitoring everything. I understand your frustration with people trying to have actual discussions and debates about the Cubs and baseball in general that get derailed by a handful of people who only want to cause problems and irritate you.

I personally ignore the bullshit -- I don't let people who roam the Sox forum ruin my enjoyment because, quite frankly, I couldn't care less what they have to say. If they want to have an insightful, intelligent conversation about baseball, then I'll always be game to talk. If they just want to poorly execute juvenile attempts at trolling, then I'll continue to ignore it. Until they actually break rules, my suggestion is to put any member you don't want to deal with on ignore.

FYP