I'll never understand .......

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
..... how Bulls fans can look at this team and be so disgruntled! After watching the game against Brooklyn tonight, at the all star break, the Bulls hold the 4th seed in the EC, going into a game next Wed against Toronto for the 3rd seed in the EC.

The Bulls want no part of tanking! They will not back down from any team. They play defense like like a hungry pack of coyote's. They have as much Heart as ANY team in the NBA.

How would the Heat have done the last two years w/o LJ? But, Bulls fans don't realize that losing DRose for 2.5 playoffs, and two years, has affected the Bulls approach. Heck, the DRose rule affected the Bulls.

PaxGar have said all along that the Bulls would finally have some flexibility in the 2014 off season. I don't see why Bulls fans won't give them that time!

I'd like to hear a little more positivity, and a little less bitching, going into this off season.

bwilde

Liked Posts:
The east is an joke this year...aside from the heat and pacers

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The east is a joke. This also does show how good of a coach Thibs is though, but if the east had more talented teams playing well together, the Bulls really wouldn't be winning and they would be a lottery team.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
because its plenty to be frustrated about

our franchise player has missed back to back seasons with knee injuries

also not only does this team not stand a chance in the playoffs......they are a bore to watch.....worst offense in the league.....even worse the the Bucks who have only won 9 games....yet we keep winning games so its runing our chances at getting a top pick in a stacked draft class

this year is one huge waste of time

as far as the offseason we'll have to wait and see what they do...but it seems allot is riding on Nikola and his buyout is pretty steep...so its possible even with "flexibility" nothing gets done

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
They could actually get to the #3 seed in the east. Which tells you a lot. Yes the East sucks this year, why would you want to try tanking for a lottery pick when the entire conference is down and you would literally have to lose every night to drop below the other 6-8 teams who are tanking just in the East? Plus the 4-6 doing it in the West. It shows the character of the players on the Bulls that they still manage to win games WITHOUT their star player. In the event Rose does come back strong next year you've got a solid team and if James leaves Miami you have only the Pacers to deal with. In the event he or Anthony actually wants to comes to Chicago with a couple of moves, you edge above the Pacers.

The Bulls are in a great position, but some fans have some singular vision of what's going on and are blind to reality.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Bron is not leaving Miami..i'll even go as far to say he'll retire there

and getting Melo is a long shot

realistically the best case scenario for this offseason is probably getting both Nikola and Lance

Hoodey

Liked Posts:
..... how Bulls fans can look at this team and be so disgruntled! After watching the game against Brooklyn tonight, at the all star break, the Bulls hold the 4th seed in the EC, going into a game next Wed against Toronto for the 3rd seed in the EC.

The Bulls want no part of tanking! They will not back down from any team. They play defense like like a hungry pack of coyote's. They have as much Heart as ANY team in the NBA.

How would the Heat have done the last two years w/o LJ? But, Bulls fans don't realize that losing DRose for 2.5 playoffs, and two years, has affected the Bulls approach. Heck, the DRose rule affected the Bulls.

PaxGar have said all along that the Bulls would finally have some flexibility in the 2014 off season. I don't see why Bulls fans won't give them that time!

I'd like to hear a little more positivity, and a little less bitching, going into this off season.

You sound like a fan of the 1992 Cleveland Cavaliers. Do you think they didn't have more "heart" and "grit" than Jordan's Bulls. They didn't have enough AMMO.. PERIOD. But their attitude was, "no way! We're the CLEVELAND CAVALIERS! WE have pride. Look at this team.. Mark Price, Craig Ehlo.. they don't back down from anyone. Daugherty! NANCE! YAY."

Four years later the fans of Cleveland woke up to a team whose leading scorers were Danny Ferry, Chris Mills and Terrell Brandon. Why? They didn't have enough and didn't want to go backwards to go forward.. and, time chose FOR THEM. TIME said, "you ARE going backwards, whether you like it or not."

You want to ride this thing out? Good for you. The way forward is backward... for this team, who has Derrick Rose, they don't need to go all the way back to rebuilding.. but imagine if your pride had been present in San Antonio the year David Robinson was hurt. So they'd have won 20 more games and missed out on Tim Duncan.. and then gone on to the playoffs and become irrelevant.

I won't be positive about this team. That's a Cub fan mentality. Now, if you wanted to slot in Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Demarcus Cousins, Jabari Parker, Roy Hibbert, Andre Drummond AHEAD of Rose, yes, I'll become excited.

But the fight is this... "what do you want?" I want a team that wins and wins late in the playoffs. You want a team that you can be proud of.

Hoodey

Liked Posts:
The east is a joke. This also does show how good of a coach Thibs is though, but if the east had more talented teams playing well together, the Bulls really wouldn't be winning and they would be a lottery team.

How good of a REGULAR SEASON coach. I don't believe he has a .500 record when it matters in the PLAYOFFS. The guy is Jerry Sloan.. a very good X and O guy, but a guy, like Paxson, who creates a short shorts, corn pone environment that many elite players find hokey. He won't ever get the elite players, because elite players want a coach with gravitas like Phil Jackson, not someone where the question is "can you survive this guys 'program.'"

The great coaches let their top talents come to the forefront and had enough know how to put them in the right position to succeed. There's a reason the 1968 Celtics won a title with Russell as player coach, because he was probably the real coach for Boston for quite some time before Auerbach retired. Was Phil Jackson really even the coach in Chicago? Or was it Jordan?

When I think of coaches who could really take the lesser team and have THEIR COACHING be the difference in making them win when they otherwise would have been significantly worse v. a better finals opponent, I think of one man...

John Wooden

But then, under Wooden, Joakim Noah wouldn't be on the court with his post footwork and inability to finish possessions in the post. Wooden was the brilliant architect of individual mismatch basketball in the NBA, and glorified forwards had no place in his world. He'd demand Paxson go out and get a guy who could back down, turn around and hit a baby hook at the very least. And the NBA could have changed the rules all they wanted to.. Wooden would have gotten that ball into the post.

This fantasy with Thibs, who is a very GOOD coach, that "well, we're really not the best, but man, this guy and his Norman Dale handbook.. he'll put us over the top!" It's not gonna happen anymore than it was gonna happen with Sloan in Utah.

And before someone trots out the idiotic "yeah, because Sloan only would have been champion if it wasn't for Jordan's Bulls"... go back and look at the REST of the teams Malone, Stockton, Sloan and their pansy ass pick and roll bullshit lost to.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
A bunch of the lame o responses I'd expect from a teenage girl........ man, why the fuck are you guys Bulls fans? You must walk around ready to kill yourself all day. No wonder we live with a new generation of emo's today!

First, the Bulls just waxed the Nug's while scoring 127 points .... yet not even a game thread. :shrug: Heck, you've not only to written off the Bulls, you've written off practically the entire East. Yet the Bulls keep plugging away.

The PaxGar Bulls have been somewhat handcuffed for a few years, but they always said that 2014 will be an off season of flexibility for them. It still is people, and we're finally coming into that off season. Plus, we're loaded with assets going into that great 2014 draft as well. It also looks like Niko will finally come over to the Bulls and NBA.

Sure the East is not got the wins that the West does, but the East still won the AS game. This, imo, could give the Bulls a nice ride into a big series in the 2nd round. Yet Bulls fans would rather the Bulls Tank, or lose on purpose.

Everyone counts the Bulls out, yet here they are, stilling winning in spite of their fans. It's fuckin embarrassing to me, but heck, go around crying all the time if that's what you're into. :shrug:

Some fans call me delusionall cuz I want my team to win .... go figure? :shrug: Call me stupid, but I thought you were supposed to try and win the game. I've got news for you non delusional fans, the Bulls have a pretty good team THIS year.

They're getting the best PG play they have had in years. We've got some up and coming young guys. I still Love Snell, as I said here a long time ago. Taj and Noah are playing better than ever, imo. And most of all, it seems that Thibb's is going to finally bring us into the battle healthy, for the first time in years .... if you can look past missing your best player for 2 years/3 playoffs, that is.

The Bulls could Tank and maybe move up one of their 1st round picks by ten spots....... or they can play like Champions even if they are short on talent compared to the top teams right now. I'd much rather go down fighting like Men, rather than lay down, like Women!

Yet the Bulls fans still complain and want to trade away all their players for players we can't get. The Bulls have a better team now, then last year, and we're gonna be healthy as well. I look forward to reminding everyone about this later.

I, for one, look forward to battling like warriors until the end, and if that even means getting beat by the Heat again, then so be it. At least I can walk away like a Man. Fuck all this other weak shit I see and read!

dub80

Liked Posts:
A bunch of the lame o responses I'd expect from a teenage girl........ man, why the fuck are you guys Bulls fans? You must walk around ready to kill yourself all day. No wonder we live with a new generation of emo's today!

First, the Bulls just waxed the Nug's while scoring 127 points .... yet not even a game thread. :shrug: Heck, you've not only to written off the Bulls, you've written off practically the entire East. Yet the Bulls keep plugging away.

The PaxGar Bulls have been somewhat handcuffed for a few years, but they always said that 2014 will be an off season of flexibility for them. It still is people, and we're finally coming into that off season. Plus, we're loaded with assets going into that great 2014 draft as well. It also looks like Niko will finally come over to the Bulls and NBA.

Sure the East is not got the wins that the West does, but the East still won the AS game. This, imo, could give the Bulls a nice ride into a big series in the 2nd round. Yet Bulls fans would rather the Bulls Tank, or lose on purpose.

Everyone counts the Bulls out, yet here they are, stilling winning in spite of their fans. It's fuckin embarrassing to me, but heck, go around crying all the time if that's what you're into. :shrug:

Some fans call me delusionall cuz I want my team to win .... go figure? :shrug: Call me stupid, but I thought you were supposed to try and win the game. I've got news for you non delusional fans, the Bulls have a pretty good team THIS year.

They're getting the best PG play they have had in years. We've got some up and coming young guys. I still Love Snell, as I said here a long time ago. Taj and Noah are playing better than ever, imo. And most of all, it seems that Thibb's is going to finally bring us into the battle healthy, for the first time in years .... if you can look past missing your best player for 2 years/3 playoffs, that is.

The Bulls could Tank and maybe move up one of their 1st round picks by ten spots....... or they can play like Champions even if they are short on talent compared to the top teams right now. I'd much rather go down fighting like Men, rather than lay down, like Women!

Yet the Bulls fans still complain and want to trade away all their players for players we can't get. The Bulls have a better team now, then last year, and we're gonna be healthy as well. I look forward to reminding everyone about this later.

I, for one, look forward to battling like warriors until the end, and if that even means getting beat by the Heat again, then so be it. At least I can walk away like a Man. Fuck all this other weak shit I see and read!

agreed 100% Melo I highly doubt is coming.

Hoodey

Liked Posts:

Hey moderators... I'm receiving warning messages about personal insults. Once AGAIN ... YES AGAIN... where were my insults toward Bears pride in this thread? But the guy who called me a mother fucker in a threat that I got warned in just keeps going on.

So.. are there RULES? Or are their rules.. only if you are of a certain opinion?

Read that first sentence of his post.. if you disagree, even without addressing him in any way.. you're an emo, a teenage girl and you get a "why the fuck are you Bulls fans."

But to answer you Bears.. I'm not a blind Cubs fan. I'm a Bulls fan of great players and a fan of the organization when I believe they are acting in the best way they can to try to win titles. I don't have to give loyalty to anyone who puts on a Bulls uniform. I'm more of a Celtics fan-mentality Bulls fan. If you go into Boston as a player where they've had Russell, Bird, McHale, Havlicek, Cousy, and on and on and on.. they're more skeptical and less accepting. They're not just going to crown any group of players that makes a second round playoff run or gets their brains beat in in the conference Finals 4-1. You go there to Boston and they can talk to you about what makes a great center and why the post is important. They're not just going to look at a Joakim Noah and say, "yeah, as your second best player, this team can do it with this guy."

For the life of me, I sometimes wonder if people are even aware Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen played here, because it doesn't show in posts. This town has a 92 Cleveland Cavaliers mentality. Their is no earning of this idea that you are a top tier talent before you're crowned.. if you try hard and dive on the floor, you're it. It's a lovable losers mentality.

My issue isn't with Joakim Noah. It's with the idea that he's a #2 talent on a title team.. or, separate of Noah, that you can pair Love and Rose or Anthony and Rose and score efficiently enough to win in the conference finals. OR.. even that all this team needs is Tony Kukoc part 2 to win a title.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hey moderators... I'm receiving warning messages about personal insults. Once AGAIN ... YES AGAIN... where were my insults toward Bears pride in this thread? But the guy who called me a mother fucker in a threat that I got warned in just keeps going on.

So.. are there RULES? Or are their rules.. only if you are of a certain opinion?

Read that first sentence of his post.. if you disagree, even without addressing him in any way.. you're an emo, a teenage girl and you get a "why the fuck are you Bulls fans."

But to answer you Bears.. I'm not a blind Cubs fan. I'm a Bulls fan of great players and a fan of the organization when I believe they are acting in the best way they can to try to win titles. I don't have to give loyalty to anyone who puts on a Bulls uniform. I'm more of a Celtics fan-mentality Bulls fan. If you go into Boston as a player where they've had Russell, Bird, McHale, Havlicek, Cousy, and on and on and on.. they're more skeptical and less accepting. They're not just going to crown any group of players that makes a second round playoff run or gets their brains beat in in the conference Finals 4-1. You go there to Boston and they can talk to you about what makes a great center and why the post is important. They're not just going to look at a Joakim Noah and say, "yeah, as your second best player, this team can do it with this guy."

For the life of me, I sometimes wonder if people are even aware Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen played here, because it doesn't show in posts. This town has a 92 Cleveland Cavaliers mentality. Their is no earning of this idea that you are a top tier talent before you're crowned.. if you try hard and dive on the floor, you're it. It's a lovable losers mentality.

My issue isn't with Joakim Noah. It's with the idea that he's a #2 talent on a title team.. or, separate of Noah, that you can pair Love and Rose or Anthony and Rose and score efficiently enough to win in the conference finals. OR.. even that all this team needs is Tony Kukoc part 2 to win a title.

Read through the thread. He never called you a mother fucker. Nice imagination, though!

Just as a friendly reminder, guys -- leave the personal insults alone. And if you just really feeling being assholes towards each other, keep it to private messages. And before you whine and complain again about me being "unfair" towards you and singling you out, Hoodey -- yes, I gave him a warning.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
waxed the Nuggets then GOT waxed by a Heat team without LeBron 2 days later lol

i disagree with your outlook....you seem to be content with being mediocre as long as they try hard...im not

but no need to dissect your post and rehash things ive/others have already stated in this thread and previous threads

besides the tank is dead and was months ago

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
The 2014 Chicago Bulls are seriously lacking debt, horrific offensively, and entirely lacking talent. Our Front Office refuses to acquire scorers. That is why we are disgruntled. We are not content with a try-hard team that gets crushed in the 2nd round.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

How about just leaving me out of your future posts then. You keep posting and using my name and telling people "what I said". I'd prefer to convey my own opinion to people rather than you put your words in my mouth. The fix ...... leave me out of your posts!

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
waxed the Nuggets then GOT waxed by a Heat team without LeBron 2 days later lol

i disagree with your outlook....you seem to be content with being mediocre as long as they try hard...im not

but no need to dissect your post and rehash things ive/others have already stated in this thread and previous threads

besides the tank is dead and was months ago

Yeah, I remember a couple months ago saying that the Bulls would NOT tank..... Quit putting words in my mouth, I'm NOT content with a mediocre team! Trust me, if you can't figure it out yet, no one wants to win more than me.

You complain over and over about the Bulls, yet they are coming into the off season they've said all along that they would have some flexibility to make some moves. Tanking, blowing up the team, or any other crazy ideas are NOT the answer.

Playing hard this year and winning, taking advantage of a weak East, and still rebuilding a winner this off season, is the answer! You completely fail to give the Bulls management any leeway for losing their MVP, #1 player for 2.5 years. Let's remember that the team the Bulls keep losing to in the playoffs is the two time champion.

Even I will give the Heat that much credit. It doesn't make me want my team to Tank, however. My outlook? My outlook is that the Bulls are going to play like champions, even without champion talent ....... for now!

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
Gotta love Hoodey. If you ban this account, he'll go ahead and make another 7 because he is so obsessed. Did the same over at basketballforum. There is even a link to him calling in on the radio somewhere, absolutely hilarious. I'll look for it eventually.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I remember a couple months ago saying that the Bulls would NOT tank..... Quit putting words in my mouth, I'm NOT content with a mediocre team! Trust me, if you can't figure it out yet, no one wants to win more than me.

You complain over and over about the Bulls, yet they are coming into the off season they've said all along that they would have some flexibility to make some moves. Tanking, blowing up the team, or any other crazy ideas are NOT the answer.

Playing hard this year and winning, taking advantage of a weak East, and still rebuilding a winner this off season, is the answer! You completely fail to give the Bulls management any leeway for losing their MVP, #1 player for 2.5 years. Let's remember that the team the Bulls keep losing to in the playoffs is the two time champion.

Even I will give the Heat that much credit. It doesn't make me want my team to Tank, however. My outlook? My outlook is that the Bulls are going to play like champions, even without champion talent ....... for now!

we'll see what they do this offseason...the pressure is on