Any other NFL teams that play a 4-3 base, 1 gap scheme, that also are Hybrid?

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
I am curious, now that we have a baseline of what the defense is going to be (a one gap base 4-3 that can mix in 3-4 alignments as well), are there any other teams in the NFL that do this (swap between 3-4 and 4-3 alignments and are a 1 gap team)?

Reason is, while not exact it would be nice to look at another team that might be running something similar to us to get an idea what to expect.

My understanding is that there is definite difference between running a hybrid defense and a 4-3 defense that also uses 3-4 looks. The hybrid as others mentioned uses a combo of one gap and two gap players but my guestimate based on hiring Pasqualonie and Herring is that the Bears will stay one gap when using the 3-4 looks. We simply do not have any coaches with hybrid experience so I do not expect our team to use the hybrid concept of combining one gap and two gap players. Thats my take maybe I am wrong but that the best I can make out of the Bears situation.

BearGrillz

Liked Posts:
I am curious, now that we have a baseline of what the defense is going to be (a one gap base 4-3 that can mix in 3-4 alignments as well), are there any other teams in the NFL that do this (swap between 3-4 and 4-3 alignments and are a 1 gap team)?

Reason is, while not exact it would be nice to look at another team that might be running something similar to us to get an idea what to expect.

The Ravens use 1 I think

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Teddy decided it was time for another fucktard circle jerk so he started a thread in which he has no idea what to think. Quick someone tell Teddy how to think so he can argue endlessly about how much he thinks he knows.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
jack1.gif

The bear

Liked Posts:
I hear the 49ers might have run something similar to that in the past...

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Teddy decided it was time for another fucktard circle jerk so he started a thread in which he has no idea what to think. Quick someone tell Teddy how to think so he can argue endlessly about how much he thinks he knows.

Poor Biff. To think the hack is actually someone who's hated on here more than me. Never thought I'd ever live to see the day...

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
to paraphrase Michael Irvin, I haven't seen this kind of white-on-white violence since the battle of Kursk.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Don't know where to post this but I'm hearing so much cool shit bout the Bears thru someone it's fuckint mindblowing.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Don't know where to post this but I'm hearing so much cool shit bout the Bears thru someone it's fuckint mindblowing.

I've told you, you can't always believe those voices.