CCS: 2014 BUILD-A-TEAM TOURNAMENT( NO POSTING/ Only Judges Votes )

Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
-

- 32 teams, single elimination

- Winner will be decided by 5 judges after they post all their votes in here.

- The 16 teams that move on to the next round will be inserted into another random number match-up with their next opponent.

GL & May Brett Futler have mercy on your souls

Judges::::::::::::: Iueyedoc - WindyCity - DayDay69 - Xplosive - Tjodalv -

Round 1 Match-ups Winners TBA:::

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Vs. Baltimore Ravens

Green Bay Packers Vs. Detroit Lions

San Diego Chargers Vs. Indianapolis Colts

Miami Dolphins Vs. Arizona Cardinals

Pittsburgh Steelers Vs. Atlanta Falcons

New York Giants Vs. Houston Texans

New Orleans Saints Vs. Minnesota Vikings

New York Jets Vs. Cleveland Browns

Carolina Panthers Vs. Dallas Cowboys

Denver Broncos Vs. Chicago Bears

New England Patriots Vs. Cincinnati Bengals

Tennessee Titans Vs. Seattle Seahawks

Oakland Raiders Vs. Jacksonville Jaguars

Buffalo Bills Vs. Washington Redskins

Philadelphia Eagles Vs. San Francisco 49ers

St. Louis Rams Vs. Kansas City Chiefs

Round 2 Match ups

Denver Broncos vs. Atlanta Falcons

San Diego Chargers vs Arizona Cardinals

New England Patriots vs Cleveland Browns

San Francisco 49ers vs Buffalo Bills

Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Saints

Kansas City Chiefs vs Carolina Panthers

Green Bay Packers vs Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars vs Tennessee Titans

Round 3 Match-ups

New England Patriots Vs Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers Vs. Green Bay Packers

Arizona Cardinals Vs. Tennessee Titans

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Vs. San Francisco 49ers

Semifinals

Atlanta Falcons Vs Carolina Panthers
San Francisco 49ers Vs Arizona Cardinals

Championship

Carolina Panthers Vs Arizona Cardinals

2014 Tournament Champion

Carolina Panthers

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
My Round 1 Picks

W = Chiefs L = Rams (Close, but too much offense for that Rams 3-3-5 defense)
W = Eagles L = 49ers (49ers Oline can’t protect or run against that front seven of Philly)
W = Bills L = Skins (Really tough choice Bills advantage Rivers/Lacy but Skins TE/WR and better defense, Robbie Gould kicks winner)
W = Jags L = Raiders (Foles doesn’t turn ball over like Cousins, front seven of Jags defense wins)
W = Seahawks L = Titans (Good game but Seahawks defense will generate more pressure, despite Brees > Newton)
W = Patriots L = Bengals (Pats defense is strong on every level. Megatron will score but not enough)
W = Broncos L = Bears (Broncos nickel defense is solid and Bears old defense can’t contain speed of Broncos offense in the 4th quarter)
W = Panthers L = Cowboys (Cowboys can’t stop or keep up with that Panther offense)
W = Browns L = Jets (Tough call Jets have better Defense/TE, Browns have better QB/RB/OL but no pass rush. Tom Brady scores and Tebow is worthless)
W = Vikings L = Saints (Vikings better OL/WR/RB/Secondary...Saints better QB/TE/Front seven, but Romo will be under more pressure)
W = Texans L = Giants (Texans have better pass rush and OL to block for Peterson. Giants need better targets for Eli)
W = Falcons L = Steelers (Falcons have speed on offense and their secondary doesn’t allow Steelers much scoring)
W = Cardinals L = Dolphins (Stafford with shorter slower receivers is lesser than Luck with multiple options, Defenses are close but Dolphins may have the edge there)
W = Chargers L = Colts (Chargers Defense can stop the run, Kapernick isn’t a precision passer and prefers faster bigger targets. Chargers offense fits Flacco better)
W = Buccaneers L = Ravens (Both QBs will get sacked but Big Ben is used to it, Peyton needs better targets, Tampa has better secondary)
W = Lions L = Packers (Great matchup, and I’m assuming the Lions are a Hybrid 4-3? Packers defense has the better pass rush. Alex Smith will dump off to his speedy receivers, Lions will run the ball and keep it away from Packers explosive offense)

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Round 1 Winners

1. Kansas City
2. San Francisco
3. Washington
4. Jacksonville
5. Tennessee
6. New England
7. Denver
8. Carolina
9. Cleveland
10. New Orleans
11. NYG
12. Atlanta
13. Arizona
14. Indianapolis
15. Baltimore
16. Green Bay

Someone started Rex Grossman at QB, which had me laughing at work out loud.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Winners in RED

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Vs. Baltimore Ravens
Unfortunately for a good Tampa team, they get a bad early draw. Baltimore looks really strong, seemingly with no weakness as long as Pacman can stay out of the clubs. Then again this is a playoff and we all know about Payton Manning and playoffs...

Green Bay Packers Vs. Detroit Lions
In a pretty even match up, the scales are tipped by a superior offensive backfield of Alex Smith and J Charles. Matt Ryan just isn't that Icy anymore and Richardson has been a huge disappointment.

San Diego Chargers Vs. Indianapolis Colts
Flacco isn't asked to do much...thankfully. A solid D and getting the ball into play makers hands is about all he can do. Indy lacks offensive weapons as Edelman is miscast as a #1 and MJD is MJ Done.

Miami Dolphins Vs. Arizona Cardinals
Arizona pulls away late with a stifling D and turnover by Stafford that he claims is due to Andrew Luck drooling on the ball while yelling at his o-line.

Pittsburgh Steelers Vs. Atlanta Falcons

Relying heavily on Leach opening holes for Shady McCoy the Steelers grind out a victory, but they may have a hard time advancing. to the round of 8

New York Giants Vs. Houston Texans

With Eli and Schaub as the QB's this game is like an Iranian beauty contest. They wear those scarves for a reason. But AP is the difference maker, saying, " Hey I've won with Ponder, so this is easy."

New Orleans Saints
Vs. Minnesota Vikings

Romo does enough to win this one. Thankfully, he is not asked to hold for field goals.

New York Jets Vs. Cleveland BrownsTo many people's surprise this game comes down to a fourth and goal with the Jets looking to punch it in from the 1. Tebow is given the ball on a full back dive. As he approaches the line he pulls up, screams, "I am a QB" and lofts a soft pass into the hands of Tim Jennings for a game ending pick 6.

Carolina Panthers Vs. Dallas Cowboys

Aaron Rodgers puts up big first half numbers and the Panthers hang on. Rob Gronk grabs Aaron after the game and says he knows of some great bars to dance shirtless in. Rodgers tells him he knows some bars that they can do a lot more in, but that will have to wait until after the tourney.

Denver Broncos
Vs. Chicago Bears

With Harvin and Cobb on the same field, the Bears suffer multiple ankle injuries. Smelling blood in the water Denver hands the ball repeatedly to S Jackson and he destroys the D in the fourth quarter.

New England Patriots Vs. Cincinnati Bengals

Everyone knew it was a risky move hitching your horses to a QB that has a career total of 1 completion, yes that is singular, and a 5.2 rating. It may have been a harbinger of bad things to come when they spelled his name wrong on the roster, Mallet(t). He at least got a consoling call from Alshon Jefferies, telling him "they will get it right some day."

Tennessee Titans Vs. Seattle Seahawks
Drew Brees has a nice complement of weapons that he just seems to know how to use. While Seattle looks good coming off the bus, when the game heads south, there aren't enough towels on the sidelines for all the crying between, Newton, Johnson, and Bryant, so Bryant volunteers to go grab some from the locker room with 3 minutes left in the game.

Oakland Raiders Vs. Jacksonville Jaguars The Jags don't aren't elite on either side of the ball, but they are very good on both. In a horrible scene after the game, Raiders lineman Richie Incognito, blaming the defense, holds down Manti T'eo and tea bags him. Strangely, T'eo does not seem to resist as much as one may think.

Buffalo Bills Vs. Washington Redskins

The Bills win this one in convincing fashion. While Washington has a stable of weapons, Terrelle Pryor just can't get it done. Interviewed after the game, P Riv says Pryors mom should be slapped for adding extra letters to his first name and that Pryor with all those weapons is like a 1987 Yugo with 24" spinners.

Philadelphia Eagles Vs. San Francisco 49ers
Philly is easily the strongest defensive team in the league, but it seems that is at the cost of the offense. There defense is The Shining while there offense is Ishtar. San Fran wins this one 6-2

St. Louis Rams Vs. Kansas City Chiefs
Cutler has enough weapons to be effective, Martin runs all over the nickel front of STL. Vick is erratic and Forte is bottled up by a strong front 7 Welker drops a pass in the end zone which would have won the game. Geisel tweets "Once a loser, always a loser."

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm not going to give an explanation for each match up, but here is the outline of my method: Basically, each pick was rated in terms of production (mostly last year's, but went back further for injured players) on a 1-10 scale. Obviously 1 is basically a worthless player and 10 is an absolute stud (Rogers would be a 10 QB, Marshall a 9 receiver, Tebow got a 0 [seriously? I didn't bother checking to see who drafted which team...but which one of you schmucks picked fucking Tebow at FB?!?!] etc.), the sum was then calculated for each team and the highest overall score prevailed. On a side note, fuck you guys for making me look through 736 picks worth of players...I have no idea why I volunteered for this (I think I was drinking when Lance sent me the PM). But anyways, round 1:

Chiefs W v. Rams L.

Eagles L v. 49ers W.

Bills L v. Redskins W.

Raiders L v. Jags W.

Titans W
v. Seahawks L.

Patriots W
v. Bengals L.

Broncos L v. Bears W.

Panthers W c. Cowboys L.

Jets L v. Browns W.

Saints W
v. Vikings L.

Giants L v. Texans W.

Steelers L v. Falcons W.

Dolphins L v. Cardinals W.

Chargers W v. Colts L.

Ravens L v. Bucs W.

Packers W v. Lions L.

Oh, and I'm disappointed no one picked Conte (that I recall), he would have graded out as a 10 just for murderous intent.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I dont have time to place my explanations, but here are the winners. Reach out with any questions or concerns.

Round 1 Winners

1. Kansas City
2. San Francisco
3. Buffalo
4. Jacksonville
5. Tennessee
6. New England (Brutal D)
7. Denver
8. Carolina
9. Cleveland
10. New Orleans
11. Houston
12. Atlanta
13. Arizona
14. Indianapolis
15. Tampa (Close call)
16. Green Bay

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Round 2 winners

Winner in RED
Jags V Titans

Packers V Texans

Chefs V Panthers

Bucs V Saints

49ers v Bills

Patriots v Browns

Chargers v Cardinals

Broncos V Falcons

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Round 2 bitches:

Jaguars L v. Titans W.

Packers W v. Texans L. (this was only decided by one point on my grading scale...not bad)

Panthers W v. Chiefs L.

Saints L v. Bucs W. (another super close one [3 pt spread])

49ers W v. Bills L.

Patriots L v. Browns W.

Cardinals W v. Chargers L.

Broncos L v. Falcons W.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Round 2 winners

W = Titans L = Jags (Close game Titans defense stops Jennings and Brees pull it out)
W = Packers L = Texans (Matt Ryan/Duane Brown is protected better than Matt Schaub/Whitworth, AP can’t do it alone)
W = Panthers L = Chiefs (In a shootout, Chiefs don’t have enough pass rush and can’t stop Gronkowski in the red zone)
W = Buccaneers L = Saints (Bucs slightly better defense, 2TE combo better than Burleson/Eifert)
W = 49ers L = Bills (49ers are lucky to have Russell Wilson and their weak OL isn’t facing tougher pass rush, Phillip Rivers can’t shred the 49ers secondary)
W = Patriots L = Browns (Pats defense too strong, Brady needs better weapons facing superior secondary and gets pressured all day)
W = Chargers L = Cardinals (Really tough decision but Cards can’t run at all, Chargers are balanced offense and Luck will turnover the ball and lose)
W = Falcons L = Broncos (despite being slow the Falcons front 7 beat up the Broncos OL, Broncos are athletic on offense but Revis/Weddle stop any major damage)

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Round 2 Winnners

Titans

Green Bay

Panthers

Bucs

49ers (Very close call)

Patriots (That D could win with D. Anderson as QB). Close game though with Mallet under center. SB taught us D wins.

Cardinals

Falcons

PM if commentary required. Still catching up on sleep from last night lol.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
The Patriots beat the Browns. Tough matchup and I can't believe Mallet is advancing over Brady. Ultimately the Pats have a superior defence and when it came down to any kind of a trench battle the Browns just come up short on both sides.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Round 3 match-ups

May be out for the day so here you go:

Winner in RED

(5) New England Patriots plays Vs Atlanta Falcons(1)

(6)Carolina Panthers
Vs. Green Bay Packers(4)

(3)Arizona Cardinals Vs. Tennessee Titans(7)

(2)Tampa Bay Buccaneers Vs. San Francisco 49ers(8)

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
49ers beat Bucs - came down to turnovers. Ben holds onto the ball too long and Ridley will fumble more than one time.

Cards beat Titans - titans really don't have a pass rush. Can't win without one.

Panthers over Pack - no injury rule makes the Panthers an offensive juggernaut and the Pack have Spencer, a 3-4 OLB playing 5 tech.

Falcons over Pats - the inexperience/unknown of Mallet is the Pats shortcoming. Gotta say though, Falcons are built wrong they run a 4-3 and have Abraham and Suggs as LBs who are asked to cover and play in space. For me that's like running a 6-1, not a 4-3.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Round 3 turdburglers:

49ers W v. Bucs L. (edge out victory [1 pt separation])

Pats L v. Falcons W. (battle of awful quarterbacking basically came down to points gained by the O-line and WR as both Ds are stacked and there are hits/misses at other O skill positions)

Panthers W v. Packers L. (another close one, overall O skill position talent for Carolina edges out what was otherwise very even across the rest of the rosters)

Cards W v. Titans L. (and yet another super close matchup. Not a ton of O production from WR or RB either way, one obviously superior QB, overall Ds and O-lines both had some big hits and misses, came down to 3 pt. difference [so basically could have gone either way]).

Ended up with all of these being extremely close to the point that I considered re-evaluating each team -- but that would have been unfair to the losers of previous matchups that may have moved on due to a deviation of even just a few points from the original team scores. Congrats to whoever drafted the winners.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Round 3 Wieners

49ers. This one came down to the better running game and 49ers were able to run down the clock before big ben had a chance to make a comeback with B-Marsh.

Cardinals. Luck has a comeback drive for the win. Brees had a chance to win it for the Titans, but his lack of weaponry on the outside exploited this offenses weakness.

Panthers. Very close call. Took me a while to pick a winner but Panthers are stacked.

Patriots. Dalton chockes in tbe playoffs again. Mallet does not have to do much with these pick 6's. Arian Foster cleaned up the play clock.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Round 3 - Great Matchups...

W = Buccaneers, L = 49ers (Bucs have weak LT but 2TE to chip and better WR, Matthews/Smith > Cole/Richardson pass rush)
W = Cardinals, L = Titans (Cards better Offense and better pass rush)
W = Packers, L = Panthers (amazing matchup: Packers better OL/Secondary at least slow Panthers down but Panthers OL/Secondary doesnt slow down Packers)
W = Patriots, L = Falcons (no one is passing in this game, Arian Foster/OL has a chance against Falcons front 7, Spiller isnt running outside with that OL against the Patriots front 7)

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Semifinals Wieners:

Panthers: Offense vs. Defense. Defense wins this time. Rodgers finds the Falcons weakness on D. Corey Graham. Dalton cannot keep up, despite Rodgers giving the Falcons a kick 6.

Cardinals: Russell Wilsons lack of firepower at WR dooms him here, although his defense kept the game very close.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
W = Falcons, L = Panthers (QB/RB/TE/OL = CAR, DB/LB/DL = ATL... Rodgers/Gronk vs too much pass pressure for panthers OL to stop)
W = Cardinals, L = 49ers (QB/RB = 49ers, WR/TE/OL = Cards, Pass rush = Cards, DB = 49ers... Cards pass rush against 49ers OL gives Luck the win)

Status
Not open for further replies.