Boers and Bernstein or Waddle/Silvy?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Most sports talk on there is national, and rarely do any of the 5 teams do anything to spark national talk. Plus I listen opie and anthony, Ron and fez, and pearl jam radio. Can't help a lot on this. Sorry.

No worries. I've been all about the comedy channels lately.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
W&S. Sometimes I wonder how B&B keep their jobs .

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
W&S. Sometimes I wonder how B&B keep their jobs .

Possibly because they consistently piss all over w&s in ratings every day, every week, every year.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Terry is absolutely hilarious. He makes me literally lol every day.

I find myself saying " bycracky" to myself at least 5 -10 times a day... usually accompyied by the horn sound bite.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
I find myself saying " bycracky" to myself at least 5 -10 times a day... usually accompyied by the horn sound bite.

There is no matching the B & B sound board. My favorite is "Eighty three."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Abbattacola is hilarious too. I love his dry sarcasm.
He is ok in doses but I tend to pass more when he is hosting. Too whiny and too wrong. Goff was a better sub IMO.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Possibly because they consistently piss all over w&s in ratings every day, every week, every year.
lol like I said, used to be a huge waddle Silvy fan, still like them. But boers n Bernstein are friggin hysterical. If I want legit Bears info n talk I tune into JD w W S, but for general laughs and all that, it's been boers n Bernstein.

Mick do you know when mike from Milwaukee calls. Is it just random? I lost my shit when I first heard that guy call, listened to it on YouTube. My buddy doesn't like sports radio n thought he was hysterical. Any other legendary callers? Mike from Milwaukee....lolz

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is ok in doses but I tend to pass more when he is hosting. Too whiny and too wrong. Goff was a better sub IMO.

Abbatacola is the producer. He does sub in occasionally but his every day job is the producer of the B&B show, and that's the context I was referring to when I said he's hilarious.

lol like I said, used to be a huge waddle Silvy fan, still like them. But boers n Bernstein are friggin hysterical. If I want legit Bears info n talk I tune into JD w W S, but for general laughs and all that, it's been boers n Bernstein.

Mick do you know when mike from Milwaukee calls. Is it just random? I lost my shit when I first heard that guy call, listened to it on YouTube. My buddy doesn't like sports radio n thought he was hysterical. Any other legendary callers? Mike from Milwaukee....lolz

Mike is hilarious for sure. It's pretty much a crap shoot when he's going to call in though. Sometimes he's on every week for a while, then it can go several weeks without anyone hearing from him. There are some other good ones; Gary from Evanston was a regular on Who ya Crappin' and was always great. They did a really nice tribute for him when he passed away last year. Frank from Oak Park is more of a Hub/football caller, but he's always interesting.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know MA is the producer and I like him on the doses a producer provides

I don't like him when he gets to host. With Goff gone he seems to have moved up the batting order.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is no matching the B & B sound board. My favorite is "Eighty three."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I friggin creamed in my jeans when they released that sound board thing on thier website. Its awesome. My favorite is the Mike Tice laugh.. I crack up everytime.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Waddle and Silvy. I really Spiegal on the Mac And Speigs show though. He may be my favorite sports guy.

To each their own but I think Spiegal is absolutely awful. B & B are only tolerable in small doses. They are obnoxious and stubbornly stick to stupid opinions even when the evidence points to the contrary. Waddle and Silvy are probably the best show but it is too goofy sometimes.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons

Agreed. I think there is a reason Abbattacola never got a regular hosting gig.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Ratings are important for business but no evidence of quality. The Wire got poor ratings for example and it is the best TV show of ALL TIME. The Pro Bowl on the other hand does very well.

To each their own but I think Spiegal is absolutely awful. B & B are only tolerable in small doses. They are obnoxious and stubbornly stick to stupid opinions even when the evidence points to the contrary. Waddle and Silvy are probably the best show but it is too goofy sometimes.

Sometimes I wonder if they are just trolling or really that simple minded. It dawned on me the other day that they regularly make the sort of arguments that get eaten up on a MB but can get away with it by screening callers and/or yelling at people. I like them and podcast most shows, skipping as I see fit.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Ratings are important for business but no evidence of quality. The Wire got poor ratings for example and it is the best TV show of ALL TIME. The Pro Bowl on the other hand does very well.

Sometimes I wonder if they are just trolling or really that simple minded. It dawned on me the other day that they regularly make the sort of arguments that get eaten up on a MB but can get away with it by screening callers and/or yelling at people. I like them and podcast most shows, skipping as I see fit.

I think the Wire is totally overrated (I've seen every episode but never got the acclaim beyond maybe the 4th season) but I agree with the logic behind your argument. I also think you summed up B&B perfectly.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I was answering the person who wondered how B&B keep their jobs.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

B and B were on the radio actually surprised that someone gave McCown a contract. For the supposedly smart guys that is one of the stupidest opinions I've heard them express. On what planet did they think a guy with 5 starts and that much excellent game tape was coming back to Chicago for the table scraps? I expect that sort of naïveté from fans who don't want to deal with reality but these guys are supposed to be smart and plugged in.