1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
or

Maybe their ownership isn't happy with the way they should be playing (considering they just spent close to 100M on three players) and got rid of them. I think that shows they care about the team and want them to do better. Unlike Dollar Menu, who could careless if we win/draw or lose.......

The coach made some comments about the front office IIRC... got him in trouble.

They announced they rejected all offers - said to be huge - for Defoe today, so he is staying, at least for now. Dwyer rumored to Rotherham United though.

firefan2001

Liked Posts:
The coach made some comments about the front office IIRC... got him in trouble.

They announced they rejected all offers - said to be huge - for Defoe today, so he is staying, at least for now. Dwyer rumored to Rotherham United though.
All he said was the Tim put more pressure on the players before their game against NE, with his comments. I wouldn't call that, grounds to get fired.....

I could see Tim's point of view, ownership paid close 100M in the off season and thinks that they should be doing better than they are. While we have been near the bottom of the division/league all year and not a peep from Dollar Menu.....Oh well I guess if you don't care if we win/tie or lose, why would he say anything. As long the team continues to increase in value, why would he......

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
All he said was the Tim put more pressure on the players before their game against NE, with his comments. I wouldn't call that, grounds to get fired.....

I could see Tim's point of view, ownership paid close 100M in the off season and thinks that they should be doing better than they are. While we have been near the bottom of the division/league all year and not a peep from Dollar Menu.....Oh well I guess if you don't care if we win/tie or lose, why would he say anything. As long the team continues to increase in value, why would he......

I never actually saw the comments, so thanks for explaining. Kinda lame, I agree. Leiweke is leaving next year too.

firefan2001

Liked Posts:
I never actually saw the comments, so thanks for explaining. Kinda lame, I agree. Leiweke is leaving next year too.
We need a president and Leiweke needs a job. Andrew, this would be a start to show that you care about the team, hire him and let him go to work.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
We need a president and Leiweke needs a job. Andrew, this would be a start to show that you care about the team, hire him and let him go to work.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Leiweke leaving for "new challenges" has something to do with the NHL to Las Vegas rumors. He is used to running 2 hockey teams, a basketball team and a soccer team anyway.

firefan2001

Liked Posts:
I actually wouldn't be surprised if Leiweke leaving for "new challenges" has something to do with the NHL to Las Vegas rumors. He is used to running 2 hockey teams, a basketball team and a soccer team anyway.

Fvck Las Vegas hockey, we need him HERE!!!!!!!!

Too bad our owner is a cheapass, so even if he wanted to run another MLS team, it would be ours.......

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
MLS teams getting eliminated by non-Mexican teams in the CCL :facepalm:

Only DC United left, and Montreal if you count those but they are representing Canada so I don't really. If I've learned anything , these two teams will be the fastest to get elimnated from the remaining teams.

I really thought 4 MLS teams would advance but the Timbers and SKC choked. I don't understand...when will these games be taken seriously, it's just an embarrassment for the league.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
MLS teams getting eliminated by non-Mexican teams in the CCL :facepalm:

Only DC United left, and Montreal if you count those but they are representing Canada so I don't really. If I've learned anything , these two teams will be the fastest to get elimnated from the remaining teams.

I really thought 4 MLS teams would advance but the Timbers and SKC choked. I don't understand...when will these games be taken seriously, it's just an embarrassment for the league.

Personally, I just hate the CCL and USOC as well as mid-season friendlies. Don't see MLB teams stopping their seasons to play Tigres del Licey and Aguulas de Mexicali.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually think this looks pretty cool for what it is and really hope getting an MLS team works out

MINNEAPOLIS — Vikings executives on Monday unveiled plans in which the new Vikings stadium can be a first-class, state of the art venue for soccer matches.

The stadium, which is scheduled to open in July 2016, can have a soccer specific seating arrangement for about 25,000 through a house reduction system that could implement a stylistic curtain system with soccer specific logos and décor.

The Vikings ownership group is participating in the bidding process for a Major League Soccer expansion franchise, and has emphasized the stadium’s capability of being a soccer-specific venue for the sport’s impassioned fans, the interest in the sport in the Twin Cities market, and the passionate commitment that Vikings Owners Zygi and Mark Wilf have for professional sports.

tempmls-1-120414--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempmls-4-120414--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempmls-3-120414--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I actually think this looks pretty cool for what it is and really hope getting an MLS team works out

MINNEAPOLIS — Vikings executives on Monday unveiled plans in which the new Vikings stadium can be a first-class, state of the art venue for soccer matches.

The stadium, which is scheduled to open in July 2016, can have a soccer specific seating arrangement for about 25,000 through a house reduction system that could implement a stylistic curtain system with soccer specific logos and décor.

The Vikings ownership group is participating in the bidding process for a Major League Soccer expansion franchise, and has emphasized the stadium’s capability of being a soccer-specific venue for the sport’s impassioned fans, the interest in the sport in the Twin Cities market, and the passionate commitment that Vikings Owners Zygi and Mark Wilf have for professional sports.

tempmls-1-120414--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempmls-4-120414--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempmls-3-120414--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Doubt it ends up looking that good in practice with 45K seats covered up

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Arizona United SC (FC Dallas affiliate) moved from the Peoria Sports Complex to Scottsdale Stadium, just a jump from one Phoenix suburb to another.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Defoe in London likely to sign with QPR

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's nice that Cubo Torres stays with the MLS..but....wish we got him. They said only the Dynamo had all the arrangements to take him....don't we have the money and a DP spot though?

But honestly though, I'm happy for him and I want him to succeed and keep playing in the MLS.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
It's nice that Cubo Torres stays with the MLS..but....wish we got him. They said only the Dynamo had all the arrangements to take him....don't we have the money and a DP spot though?

But honestly though, I'm happy for him and I want him to succeed and keep playing in the MLS.

We don't have the commitment to winning though

firefan2001

Liked Posts:

Andrew "Dollar Menu" Hauptman is our owners, so we don't have the money.

We will NEVER get players like this as long as Andi is our owner, best we can hope for is players like Kennedy Igboananike and David Accam. I think Andi thinks these guys are going tear up the league and he'll be able to sell them to bigger for a profit. Only problem he's tried it three times already and failed big time.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does anyone know the contract numbers for Erick? I'm curious to that number. It's great he stayed in MLS.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars