Forget Schemes, Play Jimmer

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
thibs is so stubborn when it comes to playing guys that aren't used to his system

atleast play Jimmer 5-10 minutes to give Butler/Dunleavy a rest...hell play Toko too

Jimmy is playing an outrageous amount of minutes and Dunleavy is playing too many aswell and his play has been affected by it

lets not kill the team to get 3rd seed...lets focus on keeping everybody healthy and relatively fresh for the playoffs

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Most coaches are stubborn when it comes to playing guys not used to their system.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
but he has to see playing Jimmy 42+ minutes every night is insane

thibs is gonna have to bite his lip and put Jimmer out there and let him learn as he goes

he did it with DJ and DJ picked it up fast

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You'd think by now Thibs would have earned the benefit of the doubt - that he pretty much knows what he's doing in developing the team the way he wants to see it. But not here at CCS.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
You'd think by now Thibs would have earned the benefit of the doubt - that he pretty much knows what he's doing in developing the team the way he wants to see it. But not here at CCS.

nah not really...not when our biggest problem besides a 2nd scoring option has been injuries

thibs is running these guys into the ground

the minutes Jimmy plays is absurd

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
nah not really...not when our biggest problem besides 2nd scoring option has been injuries

Well you got me there. I mean it's not like even with not have a secondary scoring option and all the injuries the team has had that Thibs has coached this team to being 8 games over .500, and put this team in a position to have home court for at least one playoff series.

You're right, NOW is the time to deviate from what he's been doing.

EDIT: Six games over .500

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

nah not really...not when our biggest problem besides 2nd scoring option has been injuries

the minutes Jimmy plays is absurd

I see both sides of the argument. I can handle the big minutes some nights...but night after night is a little ridiculous.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Again, this is just unreal to me.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Well you got me there. I mean it's not like even with not have a secondary scoring option and all the injuries the team has had that Thibs has coached this team to being 8 games over .500, and put this team in a position to have home court for at least one playoff series.

You're right, NOW is the time to deviate from what he's been doing.

EDIT: Six games over .500

like i said in the op....lets not kill the team to get 3rd seed

all im asking him to do is play Jimmy 5-10 minutes less...you cant sit here and tell me 42+ minutes every night isnt ridiculous

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
like i said in the op....lets not kill the team to get 3rd seed

and all im asking him to do is play Jimmy 5-10 minutes less...you cant sit here and tell me 42+ minutes every night isnt ridiculous
Once again, the point is, why is it that Thibs doesn't have the benefit of the doubt when he's not going to change his approach this late in the season? Dude has been able to get more out of less better than any coach in the NBA, and all of a sudden you want him to change his ways.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Once again, the point is, why is it that Thibs doesn't have the benefit of the doubt when he's not going to change his approach this late in the season? Dude has been able to get more out of less better than any coach in the NBA, and all of a sudden you want him to change his ways.

its not all of a sudden...this has been a ongoing problem that ppl have complained about for some time now

they signed Jimmer who might not be great defensively but he can do some stuff we lack...why not use him and give Jimmy more rest?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
its not all of a sudden...this has been a ongoing problem that ppl have complained about for some time now

they signed Jimmer who might not be great defensively but he can do some stuff we lack...why not use him and give Jimmy more rest?
Which one is it???

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
In a 9 word sentence you argued for Jimmer to both be used and to get rest. I'm asking which one is it? Do you want him used as Thibs has done all season with his guys, or do you want him to get rest.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
In a 9 word sentence you argued for Jimmer to both be used and to get rest. I'm asking which one is it? Do you want him used as Thibs has done all season with his guys, or do you want him to get rest.

Giving Jimmy Butler rest =/= Jimmer Ferdette rest

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Again, why should Thibs change what he is doing, WHEN IT HAS BEEN WORKING? The arrogance of this thread is amazing to me.

It is amazing to me that you would ask a coach to change his approach at this point in the season when what he has been doing so far has worked.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Again, why should Thibs change what he is doing, WHEN IT HAS BEEN WORKING? The arrogance of this thread is amazing to me.

It is amazing to me that you would ask a coach to change his approach at this point in the season when what he has been doing so far has worked.

How many NBA Championships have the Bulls won with Thibodeau as head coach?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At least I can read.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The FO supposedly spoke with Thibs about controlling the minutes of his players...specifically Butler and Deng. But I think Thibs sends a subtle message to the FO when he does this..."half of the roster is unplayable". To me, its an indictment of the FO's inaccuracies when filling the roster.

Thibs plays Noah, Boozer and Gibson at a steady rate with their second round pick playing none this season. Is he injured? If so, I don't know about it. The backup center is horrible...just the way things are right now, I hope Jimmer gets in...but I KNOW Thibs will put the team in the best position to win.