I would not let Taj or Butler prevent me from pulling trigger on Melo!

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
You just described the difference between a role player and a star. I can replace Taj Gibson with a Birdman at 1/4 the cost on the Bulls and not miss a beat. I can draft a better 2 guard than Jimmy Butler in this draft. Anthony relishes busting LeBron's ass on the offensive end. Bottom line, when the playoffs begin and EVERYBODY is playing hard, talent wins out and the Bulls need a closer.

This guy gets it.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't hurt having someone who can sorta guard Lebron, you know, kick him in the face every now and again.

czman

Liked Posts:
The Bulls won't be able to trade Gibson and Boozer to get Melo. The Bulls may have to move Gibson, but Butler is should not stop the Bulls from bringing Melo in if he wants to come to the Bulls.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
You cannot mention Gibson and Birdman as akin to the other. Gibson is a whole bunch better than the freak, especially in the offensive end as with rebounding the ball. You mention Butler as being easy to replace but you are completely wrong there also. From the get go both Butler and Gibson could rebound and play defense. It was on offense that they had to improve on as in three seasons worth. There is not a college player right now that would be as good right now as either of them on defense and rebounding at their respective positions.

Maybe Birdman is not the best example but there is always a Kenyon Martin or Udonis Haslim available at vet's minimum who can rebound, defend and finish well enough. Even with Birdman, you lose NOTHING defensively. Taj has improved but don't act like he's Blake Griffin. In this draft, there are better. more talented players in the teens where we drafting who will fit in Thib's system. Both guys were drafted at the bottom of the 1st. This is the deepest draft in years. We can find better.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Haslem is horrible nowadays i wouldnt even want him for the min

and i do think its a drop off defensively from taj to birdman...Taj is one of the best defensive PF's in the L

but i understand the point you're trying to make and thats Taj is easier to replace then finding a guy that can do what Melo can...thats 100% the truth

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
give mike sweetny a call

hes a tad overweight but can lose 5 or 6.....hundred pounds

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
You just described the difference between a role player and a star. I can replace Taj Gibson with a Birdman at 1/4 the cost on the Bulls and not miss a beat. I can draft a better 2 guard than Jimmy Butler in this draft. Anthony relishes busting LeBron's ass on the offensive end. Bottom line, when the playoffs begin and EVERYBODY is playing hard, talent wins out and the Bulls need a closer.

!!!!!!!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Familiarity shouldn't hold up getting an All-Star ultra scorer. What stat happy fans ignore is the toughness that Gibson brings and even more so Butler. You can find guys to replace the stats Gibson puts up but there are few if any who bring the determination game in and game out that he does. You know in NASCAR they used to call Dale Earnhardt sr., The Intimidator' because he would wreck you to beat you and wasn't afraid to say so.

Well you can see in Lebron James a guy who intimidates most opponents but the Bulls have Jimmy Butler who stands up to him, way better than Loul did. And Gibson is the same way. Did you hear that stat at the end, first time in 4 1/2 years James did not shoot a free throw in a game, an OT game to boot.

For all that Anthony can do what he isn't is tough, not the way Noah, Gibson and Butler, even Hinrich are. And pay attention to your coach, Thibs counts on that toughness. So yes you want him because he can score but you don't want to cut the heart out of your team or you're not gaining as much as you need to get over the top.

Where has that toughness and determination got them? I like Jimmy, but he's not going to shut down LeBron every game and his game has taken a step back offensively this season. You aren't ripping out the heart of your team if you get rid of Butler or Gibson. You're adding another superstar scorer, which you've needed since 2010.

But hey! Don't mess up this chemistry!