Streaming!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, I use to steam PPV's but havent done it in awhile. Well, I decided to check out a TNA PPV. I clicked on the link and when I clicked away the pop up said I was illegally streaming. It seemed like one of those scare pop ups. Well, I exited the whole thing. Well, over 24 hours later my internet went down and its been 9 hours. You dont think they shut down my internet huh? WOuldnt they have to give me a written warning because I have never gotten one.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah that seems like coincidence to me... those are always scam popups in my experience.

Is your internet truly down or is it just that computer? If its just the one computer you may have gotten a piece of malware that is fucking with your machine.

Try another computer or phone or something and see if your internet works on another device.

If your internet really is down, I gotta think its a coincidence.... lol in college we got like 20 Copywright infringement warnings in one month on our Comcast account and they never shut our internet down. If there was a claim against you, it would be e-mailed to you on your ISP E-mail, you always have one with Comcast/ATT or whomever you use. Check it and see if there was even a claim filed with your ISP.

I seriously doubt they could shutdown your internet that quickly even if they wanted to rake you over the coals.... legal/corporate red tape is just too much of a bitch and normally they go after people providing pirate PPV streams, Ive not heard of them going after the viewers, too easy to spoof yourself and be a ghost for them to bother.

Check your internet on other devices and let me know.... I am betting its malware, easy enough to get rid of most of the time.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it may be the ISP just being down. I have Charter. They are pretty shitty company. I wouldnt think in 24 hours it could shut me down for clicking on a link. Wasnt like I was able to watch any of it. It was giving limited connection to at least two laptops. My phone has been down for two months and they keep saying its our fault. No, you have a piece of shit router in my garage working my phones and it works for 5 minutes then goes out.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think it may be the ISP just being down. I have Charter. They are pretty shitty company. I wouldnt think in 24 hours it could shut me down for clicking on a link. Wasnt like I was able to watch any of it. It was giving limited connection to at least two laptops. My phone has been down for two months and they keep saying its our fault. No, you have a piece of shit router in my garage working my phones and it works for 5 minutes then goes out.

Yeah I am inclined to agree with you from my experience with pirate stuff and ISP's.... if they shut you down in 24 hours for clicking a link, that would be practically unheard of without a serious history of documented infractions with an ISP.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do you have a router/modem combo?

If so have you tried entering the router console from one of your machines?

As long as your computer is connected to the router you can type in the gateway IP which is usually 192.168.1.1 or sometimes 192.168.1.254.... type it in to a web browser as a web address, hit enter and it will go to log in to the router console, you would just need a username/pw you created or there would be a default user/pw indicated on the router/modem somewhere.

If you can get in there you could determine whether its even managing to connect to the outside world or not.

Also I may have jumped the gun, but if you are wireless you may wanna check your computer and ensure its getting connected to your router at all period prior to the last set of stuff I wrote.