The Bears Offseason [Updated with Each Move]

Mitchapalooza

Windy, or anyone, any rumors on who were looking at? I'm outta town til monday night and have a lack of info

Sent from Cuba

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Typical RTB deflection after a Special person statement. Not that I ever expected him to actually make any sense of it.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
#healing

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
#ACL list

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Re-Sign/Sign

OT Eben Britton
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick

Draft

1[14] S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix [Alabama] 6'1" 208lbs.

The worst position on the Bears is arguably the safety position. With the additions to the DL that group is better than last year and not bad overall, RE: Young, DT: Paea/Draft Picks, NT: Ratliff, LE: Houston. Compare that to FS: Conte, SS: Mundy with M.D Jennings waiting in the wings. The Bears have legitimate starting DLmen in Young, Houston and Ratliff and they do not have an NFL level safety on the roster. The Bears want to be more aggressive on defense and to do that you need a safety that can cover 1 on 1 in cover 0 and a safety that can cover a ton of ground playing deep zone in the cover 1. I like Calvin Pryor, but I think that Clinton-Dix has more range and cover ability than Pryor and would be better being the deep safety in the middle. Clinton-Dix might not be the flashiest hitter, but he is well respected by scouts and he is well coached.

Haha-Clinton-Dix.jpg

2[51] DT Kelcy Quarles [South Carolina] 6'4" 300lbs.

The Bears need a 3 technique tackle and they need someone with the size to hold up against the run. Emery's comments have hinted at his desire to get bigger and longer on the defensive line. Quarles is coming off of a 9 sack season in the SEC and he combines good size with explosive athletic ability and developing pass rush skills. Quarles can come in and compete at 3 technique and play heavy snaps in a rotation. The Bears were rumored to have shown a lot of interest at the combine in Quarles.

timthumb.php

3[83] CB Pierre Desir [Lindenwood] 6'1" 198lbs.

The Bears need to seriously invest in developing the long term replacement for Peanut Tillman. Desir has a ton of athletic ability and played well against improved competition at the Senior Bowl. Desir has starting talent, but he needs time and the Bears have the luxury, baring injuries, to give him that time.

52bc182fa7295.preview-620.jpg

4. DT Caraun Ried [Princeton] 6'2" 302lbs.

Phil Emery has shown that he likes to double up at positions of need and add a lot of young talent to the group. Reid might have played in the IVY league and there are questions about his level of competition, but athletically he can play at the NFL level and he has a nice burst off the line. Reid had a solid Senior Bowl and he fits the prototype that the Bears have used at the position. Reid might not have the size to be a full time player, but he could be a strong rotational player that comes in on 3rd down and rushes the passer.

0ap2000000285822.jpg

5. C Bryan Stork [Florida St] 6'4" 315lbs.

With Garza and Boggs back at C the immediate need at C may not exist, but the Bears still need a C of the future and that will consist of a competition between Stork and Boggs. Stork has the size and the top level experience to be a starter in the NFL.

6_1098461.jpg

6. CB Walt Aikens [Liberty] 6'1" 205lbs.

Another small school player with a lot of physical upside that can be developed while playing special teams. Aikens is another small school guy who flashes at the Senior Bowl and he is another guy with a lot of potential.

julien-david.jpg

6. RB Storm Johnson [UCF] 6' 210lbs.

The Bears need some cheap RB depth that will run hard in short yardage situations and play on special teams, a couple of things that Michael Bush did not do last season. Johnson runs hard and violent and he can play on special teams.

Storm-Johnson-NFL-Draft.jpg

Depth Chat

QB: Cutler, Fitzpatrick, Palmer
RB: Forte, Ford, Johnson
FB: Fiammetta
WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Wilson, Hixon, Weems, Tolliver
TE: Bennett, Rosario, Onubon
LT: Bushrod
LG: Slauson, Brown
C: Garza, Boggs, Stork
RG: Long
RT: Mills, Britton

RE: Young, Bass, Scott
DT: Quarles, Reid, Collins
NT: Ratliff, Paea
LE: Houston, Washington, Lane
SLB: McClellin, Senn, Franklin
MLB: Williams, Bostic
WLB: Briggs, Greene
CB: Tillman, Jennings, Desir, Hayden, Frey, Aikens
FS: Clinton-Dix, Conte, Jennings
SS: Mundy, Martin

P: Butler/Way
K: Gould
LS: Mannelly
Not bad but we need at least one more DE that can create pressure on the QB because Houston is more of a stop the run end and Yong had just 3.5 sacks on one of the best D-Lines in the league.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Thanks RTB, but I am pretty much convinced at this point that dabears70 has some serious personal issues to deal with, so it can probably only make matters worse for him to bother discussing things with him. AsSIllinni32 is just that, and EDUMB is just, well EDUMB. Ignoring those 3 pretty much does the trick!
Do you guys give the full reach around's also??? Clowns

chitown2387

Liked Posts:
Would you guys be happy with these first 3 picks?

14. HaHa Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama, Jr.
51. Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida, Jr.
82. Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina, Jr.

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
Would you guys be happy with these first 3 picks?

14. HaHa Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama, Jr.
51. Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida, Jr.
82. Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina, Jr.

If we draft Clinton-Dix it will be a HUGE mistake.. Talk about a kid who benefited from having incredible talent surrounding him. He is really nothing special and not nearly physical enough for the NFL.

If Donald is gone in round 1 by the time we pick.. I say trade down, grab Pryor late in round one with the pick we acquire and grab Easley or Jernigan as we'll.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Re-Sign/Sign

OT Eben Britton
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick

Draft

1[14] S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix [Alabama] 6'1" 208lbs.

The worst position on the Bears is arguably the safety position. With the additions to the DL that group is better than last year and not bad overall, RE: Young, DT: Paea/Draft Picks, NT: Ratliff, LE: Houston. Compare that to FS: Conte, SS: Mundy with M.D Jennings waiting in the wings. The Bears have legitimate starting DLmen in Young, Houston and Ratliff and they do not have an NFL level safety on the roster. The Bears want to be more aggressive on defense and to do that you need a safety that can cover 1 on 1 in cover 0 and a safety that can cover a ton of ground playing deep zone in the cover 1. I like Calvin Pryor, but I think that Clinton-Dix has more range and cover ability than Pryor and would be better being the deep safety in the middle. Clinton-Dix might not be the flashiest hitter, but he is well respected by scouts and he is well coached.

Haha-Clinton-Dix.jpg

2[51] DT Kelcy Quarles [South Carolina] 6'4" 300lbs.

The Bears need a 3 technique tackle and they need someone with the size to hold up against the run. Emery's comments have hinted at his desire to get bigger and longer on the defensive line. Quarles is coming off of a 9 sack season in the SEC and he combines good size with explosive athletic ability and developing pass rush skills. Quarles can come in and compete at 3 technique and play heavy snaps in a rotation. The Bears were rumored to have shown a lot of interest at the combine in Quarles.

timthumb.php

3[83] CB Pierre Desir [Lindenwood] 6'1" 198lbs.

The Bears need to seriously invest in developing the long term replacement for Peanut Tillman. Desir has a ton of athletic ability and played well against improved competition at the Senior Bowl. Desir has starting talent, but he needs time and the Bears have the luxury, baring injuries, to give him that time.

52bc182fa7295.preview-620.jpg

4. DT Caraun Ried [Princeton] 6'2" 302lbs.

Phil Emery has shown that he likes to double up at positions of need and add a lot of young talent to the group. Reid might have played in the IVY league and there are questions about his level of competition, but athletically he can play at the NFL level and he has a nice burst off the line. Reid had a solid Senior Bowl and he fits the prototype that the Bears have used at the position. Reid might not have the size to be a full time player, but he could be a strong rotational player that comes in on 3rd down and rushes the passer.

0ap2000000285822.jpg

5. C Bryan Stork [Florida St] 6'4" 315lbs.

With Garza and Boggs back at C the immediate need at C may not exist, but the Bears still need a C of the future and that will consist of a competition between Stork and Boggs. Stork has the size and the top level experience to be a starter in the NFL.

6_1098461.jpg

6. CB Walt Aikens [Liberty] 6'1" 205lbs.

Another small school player with a lot of physical upside that can be developed while playing special teams. Aikens is another small school guy who flashes at the Senior Bowl and he is another guy with a lot of potential.

julien-david.jpg

6. RB Storm Johnson [UCF] 6' 210lbs.

The Bears need some cheap RB depth that will run hard in short yardage situations and play on special teams, a couple of things that Michael Bush did not do last season. Johnson runs hard and violent and he can play on special teams.

Storm-Johnson-NFL-Draft.jpg

I'd be really happy with this draft. Also, in regards to Walt Aikens, he was originally at Illinois and played as a true freshman because Ron Zook couldn't recruit enough DB's to fill a roster and those that he did recruit he couldn't keep in school long enough to become upperclassmen. Aikens is an example of that. He got kicked out of Illinois for stealing a computer from a dorm room I believe but either way played very well as a true freshman and had a bunch of Illinois people (both coaches and fans) really excited about his future.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Thanks RTB, but I am pretty much convinced at this point that dabears70 has some serious personal issues to deal with, so it can probably only make matters worse for him to bother discussing things with him. AsSIllinni32 is just that, and EDUMB is just, well EDUMB. Ignoring those 3 pretty much does the trick!

Sorry if you think I'm an ass for pointing how brain dead your posts are.