This team is a trainwreck

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
Wow. I'm glad we have the 3rd highest payroll in the league. This team is a joke. And a bad one at that. It's hard to watch this team when they ruin everything good in your life. Yes, I know I live a pretty sad life and this team means almost everything to me (minus my parents). Ugh... talk about a disaster.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's only May...

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
If you using Castro's selection as a reason for this, just give the kid a chance. Besides, he's batting 8th, and adds better Defense.

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
I LOVE the Castro move. I'm his biggest fan. He should've been here on Opening Day. But this team is a TRAINWRECK. 3rd highest payroll and were under .500 against one of the easiest schedules in all baseball.

Either way I take it personally when the Cubs lose because I'm too invested in them. I wish I didn't put so much time into Cubs baseball, but it's one of those things that no matter how mad you get, in the end you still love too much.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I was shocked about that, since he isn't a power-hitter (though his prime is probably almost a decade away, so you never know for sure), but it was @ Great American Ballpark. I was more impressed with that bases loaded triple. He showcased both speed and "clutch" (not really I guess due to the score) performance there.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I like the way he hustled out of the box. Now if we could get Soriano to do that every time.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
good news: our division sucks

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
If you using Castro's selection as a reason for this, just give the kid a chance. Besides, he's batting 8th, and adds better Defense.

I don't know why I didn't see this. You're joking about the better defense right? Don't let his offense overshadow how shotty is defense is.

yoshiki89

Liked Posts:
I feel the same way, but I wouldn't want us to all adopt the "We are Mets fans and we hate the Mets" mentality. I've been optimistic in that last year we had a great April and mid-May is when fortunes turned for the worse...maybe this year will be more like '07, where we're going to start off poor and finish beyond expectations.

And maybe this is the beginning of the end of the Piniella-era. We all know Ryno is waiting!!

Krymestone

Liked Posts:
this team is just poorly constructed. sometimes it feels like an AL built team. and the bullpen's bad, starting pitching's going downhill, hitting is vacant. just awful.

i'd rather see brenley take the reigns than sandberg.

cubbieblue - possible to make that sig a *tad* smaller? freddy's scaring me.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
It really is the MLB's version of the Chicago Bears. Except they never had the punky QB, just the angry, flustered latino pitcher with a hatred for gatorade.

Krymestone

Liked Posts:
i don't think you can even go there. the bears won something in the last...century...:gulp: