2014 NCAA Tourny: Congrats UCONN

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
BTW, just because we have not had a great record in the tourney recently(although we did go to the elite eight last year and won a title in 2010, so we do have that going for us). It doesn't mean that should take precedent in determining Duke's seed in the future. You can't "oh, well Duke has underperformed to their seed the past five years or so" and then screw over a team of completely different players.

Besides,the problem isn't that Duke is getting overseeded(we usually play good enough in the regular season to warrant a 1,or 2,or 3), it's that we underperform to our seed. I guess if you want to call that overseeding,fine. But to me, it's more often that we encounter a bad matchup or have an off night(which will kill you in the tourney). And yea, sometimes we go downhill a little towards the end of the season(e.g. 2005-2006), and in that case, sure, it could be argued that we are overseeded.

But the point i'm trying to make is that we don't really get a legacy seed.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So predictions for tonight?
Stanford vs Dayton
Wisconsin vs Baylor
Florida vs UCLA
Arizona vs San Diego St

Personally, I want Dayton, Baylor, Florida, Arizona.
I want upsets for each one

But i'm thinking
Stanford,Baylor,Florida,Arizona

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was somewhat surprised at how easily Wisconsin handled Baylor. Wisconsin even seemed to play more uptempo than Baylor. Arizona and Florida both beat really good opponents. I was probably more impressed with Arizona's ability to come back against San Diego St. Stanford couldn't stop Dayton's offense, because they cannot defend Dayton's quick guards. Thought it was interesting that Stanford could prevail over Kansas with a plodding style, but then get run off the court by Dayton. Kansas probably should have done something similar in their game against Stanford...Stanford is a decent but flawed team.

Arizona v. Wisconsin should be a great Elite 8 game.

Bill Self had an awful game plan for his offense.

I also was surprised how easily Wisconsin handled Baylor. Baylor looked so good the first two rounds I thought they would stifle Wisconsin's offense and it would be a low scoring somewhat close game, but Baylor would stay ahead. Complete opposite. Baylor's offense couldn't do shit (at one point they were shooting 18% early in the 2nd half). Wisconsin scored points pretty much at will and I guess those CBS analyst were right in saying this is the best offense Bo Ryan has had. Arizona vs Wisconsin should definitely be very interesting.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bill Self had an awful game plan for his offense.

I also was surprised how easily Wisconsin handled Baylor. Baylor looked so good the first two rounds I thought they would stifle Wisconsin's offense and it would be a low scoring somewhat close game, but Baylor would stay ahead. Complete opposite. Baylor's offense couldn't do shit (at one point they were shooting 18% early in the 2nd half). Wisconsin scored points pretty much at will and I guess those CBS analyst were right in saying this is the best offense Bo Ryan has had. Arizona vs Wisconsin should definitely be very interesting.
Yea, I was honestly expecting Baylor to win considering their play recently.

Arizona's D will be tough for sure.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Probably, but it doesn't really make it that much easier of a shot.

Hell of a fucking run by Kentucky though, btw.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Probably, but it doesn't really make it that much easier of a shot.

Hell of a fucking run by Kentucky though, btw.

UConn too...This tournament..I've never seen so many lower seeds beating the upper seeds in the Elite 8 like that..I mean in most years you see a 4 vs a 7 or a 2 vs an 8...The higher seed will win in the Elite 8.

I guess though this is much like 2011 where you had a 4 beating a 2, a 8 beating a 2, a 11 beating a 1, then a 3 over a 5 to set up a #1 seed-less Final Four. Obviously Florida has kept their shit together in this tournament (While I also feel like they've had the easiest run to the Final Four) .

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
prolly sour grapes on my part...but, I have to give back-handed props to calipari for understanding the landscape of officiating in the ncaa. if nothing else, have bigger players go as hard as they can in the lane and take the always-coming free throws for it.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shabazz is unreal :reptar:

If Uconn can beat Florida I clinch first place in my money pool :pray:

Cowboys5SB

Liked Posts:
who will be in north texas? I'll be representing at the games

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
who will be in north texas? I'll be representing at the games

Curious as to why they call it North Texas? Isn't the stadium in Arlington? City is not big enough?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Curious as to why they call it North Texas? Isn't the stadium in Arlington? City is not big enough?

I, uh, don't think I've ever heard it called North Texas. I think he just means that Arlington is in north texas? *shrugs*

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I, uh, don't think I've ever heard it called North Texas. I think he just means that Arlington is in north texas? *shrugs*

Well even the tournament bracket says "North Texas" on it.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I've heard North Texas a lot when media outlets talk about the Final Four.