2014 NCAA Tourny: Congrats UCONN

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Announcing Now.

South is stacked with Florida, Kansas and Syracuse, as well as Ohio State. (Most top-heavy)

West has Arizona, Wisconsin and Creighton...and Oklahoma State and Gonzaga. (Weakest)

Midwest is ridiculous with Wichita, and whatever about them, but then Michigan, Duke and Louisville? srs? Wo. (strongest)

East has Virginia and Nova, Iowa State...UNC...UConn...Cincy...(Most Balanced, least flashy)

Last edited:

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I personally think the East is weakest...Michigan State and Virginia are the only teams i think that have a shot at the final four in that region.

Also, DePaul snubbed again :smh: :pity:

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
North Dakota State will upset Oklahoma

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Midwest is stacked in my opinion. You have the weakest #1 seed there in Wichita St (have to prove themselves), and then Michigan, Duke, and Louisville (who to me should have been a #3 seed).

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bunch of "experts" picking Western Mich, over Syracue....what do you guys think about that?

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'll put up my elite 8 tomorrow...but man...what a tourney this is gonna be

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bunch of "experts" picking Western Mich, over Syracue....what do you guys think about that?
Thats purely based on how poorly Syracuse finished the season. However the numbers don't support a Syracuse loss to that team what so ever. It could still happen, Syracuse has certainly suffered plenty of first round upsets in the past, but this Western Michigan team doesn't exactly match up to Syracuse which is usually what these games are about.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Iowa gonna :sweep:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Midwest is stacked in my opinion. You have the weakest #1 seed there in Wichita St (have to prove themselves), and then Michigan, Duke, and Louisville (who to me should have been a #3 seed).

Probably should have been a two, although,yea, they don't have a good record against the higher RPI teams. Doesn't mean they deserve a four seed,though. They won their conference tournament and are the #5 team in the nation, and is rated as the #2 team according to Kenpom.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Just remember when filling out your bracket that not a single of those 744 or so players in this tournament will receive a dime.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, because Andrew Wiggins is often found discussing Aesop's Fables.

So that's the NCAA's fault he isn't using his education?

While I agree its not fair student-athletes don't get paid for what they bring in, its not like they don't know what they're getting into. They could take the Brandon Jennings route or else sit out a year.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, because Andrew Wiggins is often found discussing Aesop's Fables.

My degree isn't necessary for my current job, but I'm sure as hell paying for it.

Sent from my phone...in my pocket...with my mind.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My degree isn't necessary for my current job, but I'm sure as hell paying for it.

Sent from my phone...in my pocket...with my mind.

I have to be honest - I'm not sure I understand what this means.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

They weren't promised any money. The terms of the agreement weren't changed on them. They knew what they were signing. They weren't coerced into signing anything. They signed their letter of intent knowing they couldn't make money in college off of their apparel, etc. As unfair as this is, life isn't always fair.

I think the 1 year eligibility rule is stupid, but I don't have a problem with schools making money off of the athletes that sign to the school on their own free will. There are other options for student-athletes if they don't want to go to schools that profit off of what they choose to give schools.

I feel worse for football players, they have to be out for 3 years before they can declare for the pros.