Should Bears offer Melton a 2 year contract?

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Its risky but we all know a healthy Melton can make our Bears pass rush sing. The Cowboys are limited by the 2014 cap so their play will probably to offer guaranteed money of one sort or another over 2 years. It seems to me like it might be worth the risk of course depending on how much money the market sets for Melton.

A Melton signing really frees up Emery to draft an impact player that also fits the Bear defense needs without a lot of second guessing.

Food for thought.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
Its risky but we all know a healthy Melton can make our Bears pass rush sing. The Cowboys are limited by the 2014 cap so their play will probably to offer guaranteed money of one sort or another over 2 years. It seems to me like it might be worth the risk of course depending on how much money the market sets for Melton.

A Melton signing really frees up Emery to draft an impact player that also fits the Bear defense needs without a lot of second guessing.

Food for thought.

f yeah.

Lake Camelot

Liked Posts:
If I was Melton and I thought I was healthy I would only want a 1 year contract so I could make money next year.

DaBears23

Liked Posts:
Whatever we do we need to hurry up and do it because he's not gunna be on the market for too much longer the way teams throwing money around. Teams will see the upside a young probowl dt can give them..Bears need to grab him on a 2-3 year deal with heavy incentives

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
If I was Melton and I thought I was healthy I would only want a 1 year contract so I could make money next year.

If something goes bad he is looking to be out the league or on a vet minimum contract. Financial security probably counts.
Melton and izzy the dline is set. , S, Offensive line, RB being the teams biggest needs in the draft.
Tho im not happy with the MLB situation , i can concede that they did spend 2 draft picks last year on linebackers and McClelllin is being moved there.
My dream LB situation, Briggs, Mcclellin, Bostic. Basically hopeing mcclellin is the next b. uralcher and rides off into the sun set.
So yeah whatever i guess we'll have to settle at LB but then the bears are in a good position to address important needs in the draft.
For example a S, Olineman , and a RB in their first 3 picks.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
If something goes bad he is looking to be out the league or on a vet minimum contract. Financial security probably counts.
Melton and izzy the dline is set. , S, Offensive line, RB being the teams biggest needs in the draft.
Tho im not happy with the MLB situation , i can concede that they did spend 2 draft picks last year on linebackers and McClelllin is being moved there.
My dream LB situation, Briggs, Mcclellin, Bostic. Basically hopeing mcclellin is the next b. uralcher and rides off into the sun set.
So yeah whatever i guess we'll have to settle at LB but then the bears are in a good position to address important needs in the draft.
For example a S, Olineman , and a RB in their first 3 picks.

Logic bad on he wants a one year contract. He just did that and got hurt. I dont believe he or his agent want to repeat that gamble.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Whatever we do we need to hurry up and do it because he's not gunna be on the market for too much longer the way teams throwing money around. Teams will see the upside a young probowl dt can give them..Bears need to grab him on a 2-3 year deal with heavy incentives

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
If that's what it takes, they should put the pedal to the grindstone.

I like that u used a phrase i recently used in a thread. would give u a good rep u u rag too much and dont deserve it.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can you please stop, Windy. I'm having really bad cabbage farts right now and you're gonna cause an accident.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Right. Cause teams are backing dump trucks filled with money into his front yard.

Obviously Melton's price is too high for the entire league right now or he would have been signed. Bears are waiting for him to be reasonable like everyone else in the league at this point. We will see what happens then.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
If Melton is resigned it does give us more flexibility of draft day, and we know when he's on his game he can be a real force so I'm in on him. Also he seems to be in really great shape this offseason

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
2 yr\14 mil with 5 guaranteed (4.5 this year, 500,000 the next)
Incentives could pay as high as the full 14 mil if he performs but more likely in the 11 mil range for the duration if he bounces back.

Not sure Melton would take that though.