Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Bears ask Weems and Bennett to take pay cut or release

Jeff Dickerson - Filed to ESPNChicago.com: #Bears ask KR/WR Eric Weems to take pay cut. Will be released if he declines, per sources.
7:41am - 18 Mar 14

UPDATED:

Jeremy Stoltz ‏@BearReport 48m
Weems and E. Bennett asked to take pay cut or walk. I wrote last week #Bears will likely part ways w/ both ... http://chi.scout.com/2/1383700.html

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I guess they need a bit of room for Izzy.

winterwarz

High energy ST player who can contribute in 3 phrases. I'm still not sure why this guy is so hated. He has value for the right price.

EDIT: I'll clarify...receiving punts/kicks, covering punts/kicks, and as a WR if absolutely necessary. At least he doesn't refuse to play offense.

Doug Grohlin

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
High energy ST player who can contribute in 3 phrases. I'm still not sure why this guy is so hated. He has value for the right price.

His one catch for 8 yards really brought the offense to the next level. Where it really pays off is having him on ST. His bonehead mistakes pinned the offense back, allowing them to put more yards on their stats.

proton

Liked Posts:
Not sure who is a more stupid Special Teams player, him or Costanza.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I thought I read that they have around 4 million left not including rookie pays. They csn also make room by doing some extensions.

winterwarz

His one catch for 8 yards really brought the offense to the next level. Where it really pays off is having him on ST. His bonehead mistakes pinned the offense back, allowing them to put more yards on their stats.

Reread my post and missed the part where I claimed he was an elite offensive player who's capable of bringing an offense to the next level.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Fuck! Just cut him and save even more $$

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

When? He got a few penalties but also caused more to be called on other teams. Plus knowing the rules well like on that loose touched punt allowed him to make smart yard saving plays.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
He is going to get the minimum where ever he goes.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess they need a bit of room for Izzy.

If Izzy’s contract isn’t for one year at the Vet Minimum then he shouldn’t be signed. Even at that I would have to work him out hard to see where he is at physically before I signed him.

I hope he declines. The guy has a screw loose in the brain housing group, and comes inches away from a penalty on every damn play.

Weems is an all pro at getting the other guy to react and be flagged. Is he an asshole? Sure, but he knows what he is doing most times. Think back to the punt that was about to be downed within the 2 yard line… he knew the rules and once the other team had touched the ball he batted it through the end zone so that the Bears got the ball on the 20. Most fans, myself included, were screaming at him for being an idiot when in reality he was making a crafty veteran play.

That said, I don’t want him back unless it is at a small price tag. His value for this team is purely a special teams role so he should be paid accordingly.

Is one of them “Lets put the pedal to the grindstone” ?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Yeah, I'm confused about the Weems hatred, too. It's like people see his position as WR and expect him to be an All-Pro WR on a team that has plenty of WR talent. Nothing wrong with being a ST guy--and a good one, at that.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

3 phases.........

ST yes.......Offense 1 catch..........where on defense......He would contribute more to the 4th phase rather than offense or defense

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
he had some decent plays on special teams but he also had some costly errors