2014 Chicago Cubs In-Season Discussion Thread

Liked Posts:
Wasn't sure if any actual Cub fans were allowed to start a thread like this. :shrug:

The point of this thread is to post your random baseball thoughts that aren't necessarily worthy of a new thread topic but are on your mind nonetheless.

Feel free to post your "Let's trade Darwin Barney for Prince Fielder! rants here, and I'll be here to prove your logic flawed.

Less than two weeks before season starts!:popcorn:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
[video=youtube;-O5yvuj095U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O5yvuj095U[/video]

Liked Posts:
I hope the Cubs don't trade away any significant pieces at the trade deadline this summer. Except for maybe Russell, a lefty reliever who's pretty much run his course in Chicago, and Schierholtz, who's in his final season of team control. I can understand why we've done it in recent years, but I'm officially sick of it now.

Liked Posts:
What'd you say fisch? I can't hear you.

I didn't want to have to do this, but I went ahead and put you and two others on ignore. I'm not going to be sucked into being a moral enemy again like I was earlier this month.

A lot of posters on here are nothing more than wannabe politicians who know little to nothing about sports in general.

patg006

Liked Posts:
and I'll be here to prove your logic flawed.

Great.

A thread filled with idiotic 'logic'.

But if there was anyone who would be an expert on flawed logic, I would definitely put you at the top of my list.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you "hear" people on a message board, that might be a problem.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Is this thread for real?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Funny part is Carlos is Venezuelan. Which is South America vs Mexico North America. Pretty much a racist vid. Good job.

patg006

Liked Posts:
What'd you say fisch? I can't hear you.

I didn't want to have to do this, but I went ahead and put you and two others on ignore. I'm not going to be sucked into being a moral enemy again like I was earlier this month.

A lot of posters on here are nothing more than wannabe politicians who know little to nothing about sports in general.

LOL!!!!!!!!!

And some posters on here are nothing more than 'grown' men acting like pre-teen girls.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
:obama: is this what this board is coming to?

Liked Posts:
If he's healthy, Jason Hammel is as solid a 4th starter as there is in the game. Remember, he was the Orioles' ace at this time last year.

Liked Posts:
If Daniel Murphy get off to a slow start with the Mets, the Cubs need to buy low and rid themselves of retreads Valbuena and Donnie Murphy.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Daniel Murphy get off to a slow start with the Mets, the Cubs need to buy low and rid themselves of retreads Valbuena and Donnie Murphy.

:andruw:

Liked Posts:
Junior Lake is not having a good spring and finished 0-fer in his final 15 at-bats last year. He skipped AAA last year and just looks like he needs more time.

He had a 13/68 walk-to-strikeout ratio in the majors last season in spite of a .284 average. Not hard to tell he's Jim Hendry's prospect...

patg006

Liked Posts:
Not hard to tell that your posts are amongst the dumbest on the internet.