Gearing up for one last impact FA- Who is it?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Allen can get 10 more sacks for 3 more years. The Vikings weren't concerned with his run stopping because they had the Williams brothers, so I am not sure how he fits with this defense.

Obviously Emery had some interest at the right price, so he envisions a player of his skill set functioning in whatever defense we are trying to run.

I think the Cowboy would give us instants swagger and confidence.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
The Bears should sign Jared Allen and draft a defensive tackle in the first round.

This would be a nice starting defensive line if it's possible: Jared Allen - Aaron Donald - Jay Ratliff - LaMarr Houston

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Hopefully to make a run at resigning Henry Melton.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
The draft is just a stone throws away now so I wouldn't anticipate much activity on the FA market until the following week. Bears can be patient and wait it out. The two guys they should be interested in (Melton and Wootton) are coming off surgeries and they should wait as long as possible before the doctors can take a look at them.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I'll settle for Melton coming back to us with his tail between his legs after he realizes that the market for him is ice cold. He'll probably take a 1 year prove it deal.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Melton might be doing a road trip just to get the best deal he can and then the Bears will try and match......my guess is the Bears have an idea now what they need to pay and they are clearing up space.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Melton might be doing a road trip just to get the best deal he can and then the Bears will try and match......my guess is the Bears have an idea now what they need to pay and they are clearing up space.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing with the recent moves they've been making.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Personally don't see anything wrong w/ giving Melton a 1-yr deal AND drafting Donald. :shrug:

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
my guess is Cowboys sign allen, leaving no space in cap for Melton.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Slauson was not signed until April 29, 2013 I think, like to add a corner

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally don't see anything wrong w/ giving Melton a 1-yr deal AND drafting Donald. :shrug:

LOL

Bears cant sign Melton to a year deal. Only way you get a guy to commit to a year contract is if you pay them more that one year than they would make any other year in a multi year contract. Bears dont have cap space to do this.

He wants long term and will get it from someone. St Louis, Dallas, Seattle maybe even Chicago.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
LOL

Bears cant sign Melton to a year deal. Only way you get a guy to commit to a year contract is if you pay them more that one year than they would make any other year in a multi year contract. Bears dont have cap space to do this.

He wants long term and will get it from someone. St Louis, Dallas, Seattle maybe even Chicago.

Good call. Dallas getting him on a multi-yr deal.

CuttyDoesIt6

Liked Posts:
Chris Clemons? That would be a solid starting S for the Bears that they really need. Or maybe even attempt to sign the injury plagued Anthony Spencer if they could get him cheap?

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't remember anyone mentioning Robert Ayers since free agency started. All of the defensive ends have been picked over at this point. I wonder if Ayers will sign a one-year "prove it" deal.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I don't remember anyone mentioning Robert Ayers since free agency started. All of the defensive ends have been picked over at this point. I wonder if Ayers will sign a one-year "prove it" deal.

Generally players had to show great ability in their NFL career to get a prove it deal. Ayers has been a failure of a 1st round pick and just a decent rotation player. But he's talked to Cincci so far In fa

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: WCL

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Generally players had to show great ability in their NFL career to get a prove it deal. Ayers has been a failure of a 1st round pick and just a decent rotation player. But he's talked to Cincci so far In fa

Yeah, I'm not saying that I want the guy on the Bears. I haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion one way or the other. I just never heard his name connected to Chicago, and that seemed weird to me.

Mitchapalooza

so we won the trade?

:beartroll:

Reactions: WCL

BEARSWAGGER

Liked Posts:
I want Chris Clemons since we have a huuuuge pile of shitty safetys on the roster. Also wouldnt mind Jacoby Ford on the cheap

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
We seem to be searching for the last few dollars we can squeeze from the roster.

Weems and Bennett indicate something big is happening to pool that 3-4 million with what we have left.

Could just be fort he bargain bin......

Britton, Melton, and targeted players now ready to come for cheap after a silent free agency.

Jared Fucking Allen