Gearing up for one last impact FA- Who is it?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We seem to be searching for the last few dollars we can squeeze from the roster.

Weems and Bennett indicate something big is happening to pool that 3-4 million with what we have left.

Could just be fort he bargain bin......

Britton, Melton, and targeted players now ready to come for cheap after a silent free agency.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Melton and Fitzpatrick?

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jared Allen

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The news may have not reached your cardboard box but Izzy is back in the Hizzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

610x.jpg

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
trying to re-sign Melton or signing Jared Allen

Liked Posts:
Jared Allen

I wish. If Emery could muster up the cap space, IMO signing Allen, letting Melton walk, & drafting Donald as a replacement would be a very wise move. I think Allen has a couple of good seasons left in the tank. If he were on the roster, suddenly the starting DE's look pretty good. I like the Houston signing, but someone like Allen coming from the opposite end should only make things that much easier on a kid like Houston. I'm clinging to the small shred of hope that Allen is somehow squeezed under the Bears cap also.

I do think for the Bears that having a DE like Allen on his game could very well be the difference between having a defense ranked around 15th in the league with him or bottom 5 without. IMO, right now, the Bears defense looks like a bottom 5 defense on paper.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Melton has to be the first priority. But if he gets some ridiculous offer from another team, I would be okay with giving Jared Allen a deal similar to the one Green Bay gave to Peppers that they can get out of after 1 year.