Can someone justify the Willie Young signing?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
we need a 3 tech worth something to make these players effective

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can justify it. Jeremy Mincey Shea McClellin and Jason Babin either didn't sign here or workout as pass rushers so the bears had to find the next one year wonder undersized pudd to come in here to fail. Luckily with no one else willing to sign Young Emery was able to find his man. Be grateful there was another 260-pound or below DE who struggles against the run and TEs available otherwise he would have simply drafted one.

lol.....well its good to get both sides of the coin I guess.

I think most people are pleased enough because Young can be a depth signing for the next 3 years and has some athleticism.

My attempt at justification is this.

He is a constant talker on game day. His attitude keeps teammates focused and fired up and he is an inspiring guy who will talk a bunch of crap to the other team and then the whole team has to back it up. We have been too quiet, and too passive in the past. Peppers was quiet as hell in that way.

He adds dimensions and versatility to the very versatile line that Emery has assembled. We are better than last year, and I have a feeling Emery won't rest until its proven. We aren't done yet.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
lol.....well its good to get both sides of the coin I guess.

I think most people are pleased enough because Young can be a depth signing for the next 3 years and has some athleticism.

Most people can recognize the Young signing for what it is: A reasonably-priced bridge starter who will become the rotational third DE as soon as the Bears find someone better, either via the draft for free agency next year. Most.

Reactions: WCL