Bears terminate Earl Bennett's contract - save $2.45 million in cap space

Liked Posts:
sorry to hear of this news. was hoping he could be restructured and kept around. the guy can be a quality back up if jeffery or marshall goes down.

if STL signs melton they have the makings of a modern day fearsome foursome.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
sucks but my guy Wilson is taller, younger, cheaper, faster?

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've always liked Earl but if this money goes towards re-signing Tillman I'm all for it. I'd be ok with the money going toward re-signing Melton too but I especially hope that Peanut is back.

slow-lol-zoom.gif

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Did Earl go work out in Florida with Cutler, Marshall, Alshon, Wilson, & Bennett (TE) yet?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I've said since his first year that a team like the Pats would love to have him as a #3 WR...can run the slot, dependable w/ hands, won't be asked to make miraculous catches...Won't be surprised a bit to see them go after him.
I'm sure he'll end up either in our division or in Tampa.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I've always liked Earl but if this money goes towards re-signing Tillman I'm all for it. I'd be ok with the money going toward re-signing Melton too but I especially hope that Peanut is back.
Ummmmm okie Dokie

JaySix

Liked Posts:
Too bad.. He'll be a good pick up for someone.. Have a feeling he will be a Patriot soon.

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
Their creating dat cap space to sign Kerry Rhodes/Chris Clemons and Jared Allen.

EricBischoff.gif

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Earl had a strange time in CHI. He never really got any momentum in the offense due to getting freak injuries. He was a good Punt Returner and he had great hands, occaision coming up with a highlight reel catch. Despite being small, he was a good possession reciever.

His biggest problem was not being able to stretch the field, and with both Jeffery and Marshall (who can actually stretch the field because of their size), I think there is an open spot in the WR for a faster type WR. Sorry Earl.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
We will always have our discussions around who was better, Knox, Hester, or Bennett.

Also... Earl was too dumb to learn the playbook.

That's not much of a discussion. Considering Earl is the only one out of that group that could even reasonably be considered an actual WR.

Or did I fail to detect sarcasm?