When Carmelo doesn't sign with the Bulls....

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Same thing was said about Lebron and Wade. Offensively, one leads, the other follows. In this case...Carmelo would be the number one option.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Melo doesn't sign with them, I'd wouldn't mind re-signing Deng at the Bulls price and keeping Donlevy.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Two on-topic responses. Better than I expected. Thanks.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It'll definitely be Kevin Love. As it gets near the next trade deadline, I expect a bunch of speculation, trade scenarios, etc.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
What lesson? If they can't get Melo...what do you expect them to do?

not throw all our money at a 2nd tier player

i guess the guys you mentioned are atleast on the right side of 30 unlike Wallace and Boozer

but i'd rather set my sights on Kevin Love if we strike out on Melo

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
not throw all our money at a 2nd tier player

i guess the guys you mentioned are atleast on the right side of 30 unlike Wallace and Boozer

but i'd rather set my sights on Kevin Love if we strike out on Melo

That's fine...but don't complain when/if it doesn't happen. Of course, Mr. "Stand Pax" isn't around so that argument isn't as prevalent...

If Mirotic is a decent player and you bring in another wing who is decent and can score...why not for now? They definitely need another star player...its not going to be Melo and if Love is interested in LA...oh well...

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Once you get past James and Anthony, there isn't a major difference maker on the list of FAs.

http://hoopshype.com/free_agency_2014.htm

I go down the list and there are two options:

1. keep Boozer, draft who they can and hope Rose comes back at a high level.

2. amnesty Boozer, draft who they can, hope Rose comes back at a high level, keep Dunleavy, Hinrich, Augustin and then look at FAs and I'd look at 2 on the front court

Greg Monroe, restricted but he is good defensively and when given the chance against the Bulls at least can score. I'd start him with Noah and his growing offensive skills shifting to the 4 as a kind of twin towers. Noah could still pass from the high post at the 4 while Monroe was down low. Either, don't laugh, Kris Humphries or DeJuan Blair. Humphries can rebound and shoot even if he's such a dope, Blair while short is a good inside scorer and either would be good teamed with Gibson coming off the bench.

Of the 2s and 3s on the list I just don't see any who would make a huge difference. All are old, getting old or have never matched their potential. Lance Stephenson puts up the numbers with Indiana but the question would be would he be willing to buy in to playing the all around game as the 3rd wheel behind Rose and Noah on THEIR team or does he think he should he the focus at the price he'll get. Signing a 2 really doesn't replace Boozer. Sure Gibson could start but that takes a great deal away from the bench.

I saw some of a Euro league game on NBATV and Mirotic is thin for an NBA 4 and I didn't see him in the lane on either end. If you're looking at him to start I don't know where the 9-10 rebounds you get from Boozer are going to come from?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Congrats to those who won the office pool and correctly said: Kevin Love

:clap:

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LeBron to the Bulls is a pipe dream. Stephen A has sources close to him who say he's leaving the Knicks. Where else is he going to go? :shrug:

BS
He said people he knows are encouraging him to leave. But he like NY better and they have Phil.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
BS
He said people he knows are encouraging him to leave. But he like NY better and they have Phil.

I'm not sold on this whole "Phil" thing. Everyone has been making it seem like he's the new head coach, and he isn't. He isn't a coach at all, as a matter of fact. I'm sure Phil has the ability to piece together a winning team but if I'm Melo, Phil isn't a big factor on staying/leaving.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
BS

Everything is a smoke screen in any sport where it come to players coming or going is it not? Logically, if he wants to maximize his wallet, he stays in NY. IF he wants a championship he goes to Chicago or (get ready for this........Miami). You might want to take a look at Miami's free agent situation. Virtually every guy on that team is a free agent. What if the scum sucking pig, Riley, brings Carmelo over to play with Lebron and dumps Wade and a couple of the other guys to make room for Melo? I could see the press conference now......... After talking with Lebron, I have decided to take my talents to South Beach(Barf).

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Riley would NEVER dump Wade

it would be Bosh they let go if they had to let one go....even though you could argue bosh is better than wade at this point Wade is the face of the franchise.....he brought them their 1st chip and played a part in getting Bron and Bosh which brought them 2 more and on track for another

wade retires with the heat guaranteed....his number will be hung in the rafters and he'll have a position within the organization

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Same thing was said about Lebron and Wade. Offensively, one leads, the other follows. In this case...Carmelo would be the number one option.

To me, the Bulls have a number of options:

1. Sign Carmelo by amnestying Boozer, letting Hinrich walk, trading Gibson and Dunleavy. They would be somewhat over the cap but that team will win some titles.

2. Do a sign and trade for Love. Trade the rights to Mirotic along with one of their first round picks this year and the Sacramento pick along with Gibson while Amnestying Boozer. Minnesotat gets basically a replacement for Love in Mirotic along with Gibson and two good draft picks.

3. Stick with what you have in terms of draft picks. Bring in Mirotic. Keep Dunleavy and Augustin. Amnesty Boozer. Let Hinrich walk. Draft a shooting guard and small forward and a back-up center with your 2nd rounder.

3a Trade your two first round picks to move into the lottery and get one of the top 5 players available.

4. Keep your draft picks and sign Stephenson in free agency. This gives you a good proven shooting guard. Then, in the draft, use your picks to bring in someone like Saric as a SF and a good center/PF. With the 2nd rounder, draft another point guard. The other moves in 3 as described would remain.

Note: This leaves them with a much better team in any option along with probably two first round picks in 2015.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think the correct answer is Derrick Rose.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Carmelo isnt leaving New York. Phil Jackson has controlled some strong ass personalities. Carmelo should be a breeze. I also still dont see D Rose and Carmelo playing well together. I know yall say they can, but I just dont see it. Its one thing to sacrifice for the better of the team, but you are basically telling one of them to change their style of play. That never goes well.

If anyone has to adjust their style of play, it is Derrick Rose. He is approaching Tracy McGrady/Penny Hardaway territory.