It's Teuvo time

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed - I would not be putting Teravainen anywhere near the 4th line ... if you got some forwards back -but want to see how things shake down, I could maybe see some experimentation on a 3rd line with Regin.

Regin doesn't get much ice time, but the guy seems to have a defensive skill set comparable to Zhamnov (who got a pretty rough deal in Chicago -tough to replace Roenick - but that is one guy who knew how to stick check.). Hell probably no one remembers that guy any more. :D

It was also a treat to watch Zhammov skate.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Looks like he is a go for tonight according to Q.

Was centering Saad and Smith during morning skate.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
fap-fap-meme-smiley-emoticon.png

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know its just an oddity, but he was 7-0 on face-offs in his first game for the Hawks.

Nice passing, he looks like a playmaker first and a scorer second, was a little in over his head so he had to ditch the puck quickly but you could see some magic in making the most of his touches. Very dangerous player that puts pressure on defenses....I would say this situation where he has playmakers and scorers all around him is the best place in the world for him to be right now. When Kane comes back....LOOK OUT!!

I am hoping he shows enough that he becomes a mainstay and they give up the season of eligibility in favor of going for it this year with him.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I know its just an oddity, but he was 7-0 on face-offs in his first game for the Hawks.

Nice passing, he looks like a playmaker first and a scorer second, was a little in over his head so he had to ditch the puck quickly but you could see some magic in making the most of his touches. Very dangerous player that puts pressure on defenses....I would say this situation where he has playmakers and scorers all around him is the best place in the world for him to be right now. When Kane comes back....LOOK OUT!!

I am hoping he shows enough that he becomes a mainstay and they give up the season of eligibility in favor of going for it this year with him.

Whoever gets to play with Kane and Teuvo on the same line will be scoring a shit ton of goals with all those passes

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Whoever gets to play with Kane and Teuvo on the same line will be scoring a shit ton of goals with all those passes

Bickel? Put a good shot with some size on the line with Kane and Teuvo?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Bickel? Put a good shot with some size on the line with Kane and Teuvo?

Honestly, you could put Handuz on the wing with those two and he'd look like God (or maybe not, but only because its Handzus)

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
My ideal top 6 with everyone healthy is

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Teuvo-Hossa

Jesus Christ, that's unstoppable.

And, additionally, it leaves a not too shabby 3 and 4 lines that other teams could only dream of.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its Natural....

And Patrick Kane is his favorite player!!

[video=youtube;6eBIHrv-8yE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eBIHrv-8yE[/video]

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lets see what he can do after 10 games in NHL....end of that last interview he says in response to being asked about playing with Men so young, "it was hard for maybe 10 games but after that I relax and just be myself, play hockey"

As soon as he realizes this isn't much different, his attitude is amazing. I know I am overboard on this train, but it just tickles me that his game is modeled after Kane, but his attitude reminds me more of Toews. He is the ultimate fit for 2C in Chicago and just by solidifying that second line with a playmaker that can play with any vet and be relied on to make plays for our superstars will grinding it out and playing smart.....man....

I hope the vets all handle this kid correctly and take him under their wings. He can learn so much from this group about how to handle himself in the NHL, what a dream scenario for both player and team.

Its an unbelievable match made with a little luck falling in the draft, a lot of the Hawks knowing who they are, and then need with that 2C position giving us so much trouble.

Can't wait to see a seasoned Tuevo feeling like himself get to skate a line with Kane for the first time. I just want to see how their games compliment each other, because they both skate so well away from puck.
We can construct so many dream lines, and I think you will see us keep experimenting and mixing it up, seems to be the franchise way. they want everyone in sync with everyone so they can play chess and not be predictable, our style stays the same no matter who is in a spot, and Tuevo is going to put some points on the board with talent all around him. Its just a matter of time.

Tuevo time!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
and for the hardcore.... Sweden vs Finland World Juniors Gold Medal Game... the pinnacle of Tuevo's youth career playing against peers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuesqH0bYBA#aid=P8rLhdJTCzw

of note: The Tuevo assist 25 seconds into game if you can make it to 1:25 of video...you will be rewarded.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/86_(term)

We have to use a play on his number for his nickname. "The closer", 86em!! Meaning....knock them the fuck out of the playoffs. They got "86ed"

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Looking at the lines from the prior page- I don,t know that Morin is an automatic add -in fact what Quennville is doing suggests otherwise. I suspect he probably would put another center on wing first to have some extra guys capable of winning draws.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Oh Morin doesn't have a real spot right now at all. I suppose they'll keep him as long as Kane is out, or at least until Bickel is out but I don't see him getting in.

Regin on the 4th line wing has been fine and Zeus is probably sticking for now as active.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Oh Morin doesn't have a real spot right now at all. I suppose they'll keep him as long as Kane is out, or at least until Bickel is out but I don't see him getting in.

Regin on the 4th line wing has been fine and Zeus is probably sticking for now as active.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Well, according to this report from the Third Man In, a pretty good source for Ice Hogs news, Morin has been told that he's staying with the big club for good. I don't know where he fits in, either. Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Versteeg sit a game or two.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Regarding Teuvo ...

I've got a hunch that he won't play Thursday night in Boston. Probably not a bad idea to keep him away from those monsters the Bruins have.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Well, according to this report from the Third Man In, a pretty good source for Ice Hogs news, Morin has been told that he's staying with the big club for good. I don't know where he fits in, either. Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Versteeg sit a game or two.

I think Versteeg has looked pretty good with Toews/Hossa. Gives those two the support to do what they do best and then enables the Blackhawks to have some nice depth on that third line (atleast when Kane/Bickell are back it will). That line has done pretty well since he was put on it. I don't see Versteeg sitting anytime soon. The only thing I have seen him do (in addition to the blueline turnovers which have plagued him) is try to force some plays to Toews/Hossa, but most guys do that when playing with those two.