It's Teuvo time

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Hawks put Kane on long term IR and call up morin and TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not good news for Kane. Really thought they would take a week and evaluate where he was. Hopefully he will be good for the playoffs.

Now the next questions...where does TT play (have to figure he gets that 2C shot) and do the Blackhawks let him play more than 9 games? Should be exciting to see him get a chance.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=446897

The Chicago Blackhawks called up two players Friday including highly-touted prospect Teuvo Teravainen.

Jeremy Morin, who leads the Blackhawks' AHL affiliate Rockford IceHogs with 24 goals, was also called up by the team.

Morin has played in 15 games with the Blackhawks this season, scoring one goal and four assists. In 30 career NHL games the 22-year-old has four goals and six assists.

Teravainen meanwhile, led Jokerit of the Finnish Elite League with 44 points (nine goals and 35 assists) in 49 games this year. Chicago's first-round draft pick in 2012, was the leading scorer in this year's World Juniors with two goals and 15 points in helping Finland win a gold medal.

The moves come as the Blackhawks placed Patrick Kane on the long-term injury list after his knee injury suffered in Wednesday's 4-0 win against the St. Louis Blues.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Not good news for Kane. Really thought they would take a week and evaluate where he was. Hopefully he will be good for the playoffs.

Now the next questions...where does TT play (have to figure he gets that 2C shot) and do the Blackhawks let him play more than 9 games? Should be exciting to see him get a chance.

Playoff games count for the total too, right? Pretty sure they're just going to play him in that case.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Playoff games count for the total too, right? Pretty sure they're just going to play him in that case.

Yes, from my understanding, it is 9 games total in a season. 5 in the regular season and 5 in the playoffs would put him over the total. I'm on the fence about getting rid of a year of his ELC...because that is so valuable to a team that is going to be near the cap for years to come. I'm sure his play will dictate what the Blackhawks do.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

With Kane off the second unit, I think it changes everything.

Would be exciting to see play Kanes' spot temporary instead of 2C so he has less responsibility at the start, I don't know. Is that crazy or ignorant?

Or just not play him at two at all....would players respect if he started as 4 and proved himself?

We need to construct a new second group entirely. Saad should be coming back so we have talented bodies. Hopefully this is the best form we have yet seen Morin in at this level. That guy has been hungry for a while, time to step it up with Kane out for everyone.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Really excited to see how they use Teuvo. Can't imagine he plays tonight, though, after flying in yesterday.

Also hoping Morin gets a real good look. There's NHL talent there, IMO.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
and Casey....is he starting in rockford or with Hawks?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Really excited to see how they use Teuvo. Can't imagine he plays tonight, though, after flying in yesterday.

Also hoping Morin gets a real good look. There's NHL talent there, IMO.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Morin has always reminded me of Brouwer in a lot of ways. He needs to get his feet going if he wants to stick in the NHL. He is a shoot first guy and isn't afraid to take the body, all good things. He can get a little lazy in the defensive zone and take shifts off though...which everyone knows is a no-no with Q. I get the feeling that this may be one of his last chances with the Blackhawks, so hopefully he makes the most of it.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
On CSN, Q just said that TT will not play tonight. Hasn't played since his season ended and just got to Chicago in the last 24 hours.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, from my understanding, it is 9 games total in a season. 5 in the regular season and 5 in the playoffs would put him over the total. I'm on the fence about getting rid of a year of his ELC...because that is so valuable to a team that is going to be near the cap for years to come. I'm sure his play will dictate what the Blackhawks do.

If there's one thing I've learned over the years, its that if you have a chance...you damn sure better take it. Anything can happen in the next few years....tomorrow is promised to no one. If TT solves a problem now, you play him.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If there's one thing I've learned over the years, its that if you have a chance...you damn sure better take it. Anything can happen in the next few years....tomorrow is promised to no one. If TT solves a problem now, you play him.

Bingo.

The only opportunity, right now, the Blackhawks have to attain another Stanley Cup is in the next 2-3 months. You have to go for it if the opportunity is there unless some long-term financial ramifications would cripple the organization. I don't see that here. Even if you burn up one year of TT's entry-level deal, he won't be due for a new contract until the summer of 2016 and that's one year after the Hawks will have (I assume) re-upped on Toews, Saad, and Kane.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
On CSN, Q just said that TT will not play tonight. Hasn't played since his season ended and just got to Chicago in the last 24 hours.

Not surprising. That's not a short flight.

Think my family stumbled across some tickets for Tuesday's game so if he wants to make his debut then I'm all for it.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Kane off the second unit, I think it changes everything.

Would be exciting to see play Kanes' spot temporary instead of 2C so he has less responsibility at the start, I don't know. Is that crazy or ignorant?

Or just not play him at two at all....would players respect if he started as 4 and proved himself?

We need to construct a new second group entirely. Saad should be coming back so we have talented bodies. Hopefully this is the best form we have yet seen Morin in at this level. That guy has been hungry for a while, time to step it up with Kane out for everyone.

Not at all crazy or ignorant to play TT at wing for insulation. With Smith playing as he's been (boy has the broadcast been pumping those tires), that is an affordable luxury for the time being. The problem is that a couple of wingers are about ready to return, so...I could see TT spending a lot of time as a scratch. We'll see how it will unfold based on what q sees in practice.

When you wrote 4th, did you mean 4th line center/forward? I would definitely not expect that. His skill set and size does not fit there.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Agreed - I would not be putting Teravainen anywhere near the 4th line ... if you got some forwards back -but want to see how things shake down, I could maybe see some experimentation on a 3rd line with Regin.

Regin doesn't get much ice time, but the guy seems to have a defensive skill set comparable to Zhamnov (who got a pretty rough deal in Chicago -tough to replace Roenick - but that is one guy who knew how to stick check.). Hell probably no one remembers that guy any more. :D

EbonyRaptor

Liked Posts:
When Saad and Bickell are back:
20-19-23
10-86-81
29-65-11
52-16-28

When Kane is back:
29-19-88
10-86-81
20-65-23
52-16-28

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When Saad and Bickell are back:
20-19-23
10-86-81
29-65-11
52-16-28

When Kane is back:
29-19-88
10-86-81
20-65-23
52-16-28

That's actually not bad. I like "putting the band back together" with 29-19-88, but of course this is all contingent on 86 bering able to play at this level.