Does McClellin Go to ILB or OLB?

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
My question is where does Shea McClellin go? The Bears already have Khaseem Greene behind Lance Briggs, Jordan Senn behind Jon Bostic in which he will probably move to replace Anderson, and Jerry Franklin behind D.J. Williams. Thoughts? Opinions?

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
emery and trestman have already said mcclellin and bostic will compete for the OLB position replacing anderson. dj is starting mlb

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They actually said that McClellin will play at SLB and will get some looks at MLB, and Bostic will play at MLB and get some looks at SLB. They never said that the two of them will be competing for the strong side job, and they never said that DJ Williams is the starting MLB.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
They actually said that McClellin will play at SLB and will get some looks at MLB, and Bostic will play at MLB and get some looks at SLB. They never said that the two of them will be competing for the strong side job, and they never said that DJ Williams is the starting MLB.

And I can see why they would have them get reps at MLB. While I believe Williams should and will be the MLB, we can't necessarily rely on him to stay healthy, as his past has shown. He's actually not a bad MLB when healthy.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
"SAM he AM" Which actually might work for his skill set.....

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What if Mosley is there at 14 ?
And we get Idigbo (SP) in FA and a DT

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I can see why they would have them get reps at MLB. While I believe Williams should and will be the MLB, we can't necessarily rely on him to stay healthy, as his past has shown. He's actually not a bad MLB when healthy.

I don't see him starting at MLB even if Williams gets injured. When they said he would see some looks at MLB, I'm positive they were talking about the nickel packages.

I think Shea gets the SLB job. It's his to lose. Normally, that's the linebacker that gets replaced in the nickel. Emery's gonna want him on the field in passing situations, so they've got to find a spot.

Most of the time, I think we'll see the NT pulled off the field and Houston shifted to a DT spot. At that point, Shea can play as the LDE (in a 4-2-5) or can rush the passer from a standing position (in a 3-3-5). That's how Von Miller and Bruce Irvin are used, and I think that what they'll use as the blueprint.

Other times, I think we'll see Shea at MLB in the nickel. In that situation, the offensive line has to account for the four pass rushers as well as McClellin. The Bears could either blitz all five or have McClellin rush the passer while a DE drops into coverage (Houston did this in Oakland).

I could be completely wrong about all of this, but I think this is what they're going to do.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I don't see him starting at MLB even if Williams gets injured. When they said he would see some looks at MLB, I'm positive they were talking about the nickel packages.

I think Shea gets the SLB job. It's his to lose. Normally, that's the linebacker that gets replaced in the nickel. Emery's gonna want him on the field in passing situations, so they've got to find a spot.

Most of the time, I think we'll see the NT pulled off the field and Houston shifted to a DT spot. At that point, Shea can play as the LDE (in a 4-2-5) or can rush the passer from a standing position (in a 3-3-5). That's how Von Miller and Bruce Irvin are used, and I think that what they'll use as the blueprint.

Other times, I think we'll see Shea at MLB in the nickel. In that situation, the offensive line has to account for the four pass rushers as well as McClellin. The Bears could either blitz all five or have McClellin rush the passer while a DE drops into coverage (Houston did this in Oakland).

I could be completely wrong about all of this, but I think this is what they're going to do.

Well, if Williams does get hurt and Bostic is the one to replace him, let's hope for massive improvement from last year. Hell, they may even get a guy in the draft too.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Good reasoning.
They are gonna get McC into the action and if he cant produce he's gone.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
He goes back to his potato farm in Idaho and a bar stool where he talks about how he once played in the NFL.

Liked Posts:
emery and trestman have already said mcclellin and bostic will compete for the OLB position replacing anderson. dj is starting mlb

Just to clarify, both Sam & Mike are both ILB. Will is the only OLB in a 4-3 front.

Emery said Sam & Mike for Shea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He goes back to his potato farm in Idaho and a bar stool where he talks about how he once played in the NFL.
That's so Springsteen Glory Days-ish. Guys that fail at life don't sit on bar stools and reminisce anymore, they start a blog and spitefully pontificate about how everyone else is a fucktard.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Just to clarify, both Sam & Mike are both ILB. Will is the only OLB in a 4-3 front.

Emery said Sam & Mike for Shea.

Hmmmm......three LB's, and two of them are in the middle. OK...Got it!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That's so Springsteen Glory Days-ish. Guys that fail at life don't sit on bar stools and reminisce anymore, they start a blog and spitefully pontificate about how everyone else is a fucktard.

At least he won't use the word "speedball".

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:

Boom goes the dynamite!

Liked Posts:
Hmmmm......three LB's, and two of them are in the middle. OK...Got it!

Sam is considered an inside LB. Will is considered outside.

If they played a 3-4 they would throw another OLB on the same side as their Sam.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

how many gays can you fit on a bar stool?