What Allen's Signing Means For the Draft

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Just did a quick mock draft just going by positions we need to fill and without reaching to get a player of need:

"14
CB JUSTIN GILBERT
OKLAHOMA STATE
C MARCUS MARTIN
USC
RB BISHOP SANKEY
WASHINGTON
DT WILL SUTTON
ARIZONA STATE
CB ROSS COCKRELL
DUKE
TE JACOB PEDERSEN
WISCONSIN
WR JALEN SAUNDERS
OKLAHOMA"

Yeah I didn't get a safety, but I would have had to reach by about 20 picks to get one. Trust me I want one, but without reaching this is what came up.

You shoulda reached.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Think cornerback is very likely. Safety round two. Couple DT's in round 3 and 4. LB in 5. QB in 6. Thoughts?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
They are not going to take a corner in the 1st unless Gilbert drops to them. Your 1st rounder needs to be a starter and with Jennings and Tillman signed, there is no room for them. They will take a corner in the 3rd most likely that can sit and learn for a season and contribute on special teams.

Donald can come in a start right away. So could Mosley or Clinton-Dix. Those are the three guys they will be looking at, IMO.

If they go DT in the 1st, safety will be in the 2nd and vice versa.

Sentinel

Liked Posts:
Still draft Donald. Our defensive tackles are kinda still a bunch of scrubs, more or less.

So are our safeties.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Thanks for starting the thread dumbfuck. Just kidding...

No question it opens up the draft. I think Emery is now targeting Mosely, Gilbert or Dix.
Wouldn't it be nice if Peanut would play FS for us and we could draft Gilbert or Dennard??

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They are not going to take a corner in the 1st unless Gilbert drops to them. Your 1st rounder needs to be a starter and with Jennings and Tillman signed, there is no room for them. They will take a corner in the 3rd most likely that can sit and learn for a season and contribute on special teams.

Donald can come in a start right away. So could Mosley or Clinton-Dix. Those are the three guys they will be looking at, IMO.

If they go DT in the 1st, safety will be in the 2nd and vice versa.

You need 3 starting CB's in this league. We only have 2. Think the need at CB is greater than people realize. That and Peanut is getting old. Sadly....

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Just did a quick mock draft just going by positions we need to fill and without reaching to get a player of need:

"14
CB JUSTIN GILBERT
OKLAHOMA STATE
C MARCUS MARTIN
USC
RB BISHOP SANKEY
WASHINGTON
DT WILL SUTTON
ARIZONA STATE
CB ROSS COCKRELL
DUKE
TE JACOB PEDERSEN
WISCONSIN
WR JALEN SAUNDERS
OKLAHOMA"

Yeah I didn't get a safety, but I would have had to reach by about 20 picks to get one. Trust me I want one, but without reaching this is what came up.
Congratulations. I think you just posted the worst mock draft ever.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
You need 3 starting CB's in this league. We only have 2. Think the need at CB is greater than people realize. That and Peanut is getting old. Sadly....

Remember, Kelvin Hayden is back and he's a nice serviceable nickel.

I still predict HaHa or Mosely as the Bears pick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I can't remember who it was but i think it was either Fuller or Verrett that Mayok said could play either safety or corner so maybe it would be a good idea to draft whichever one if Emery truly believes he can play either position and use at safety next year and if it's needed then he could move to corner to replace Paenut the following year?? Just an idea no need for anyone to kill me if you don't like it.

Spear

Corpus callosotomy
Liked Posts:
Have a hard time seeing emery take a non-starter (cb) at 14

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;2agO4PhJTLs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2agO4PhJTLs[/video]

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Some say we have our pass rush, but still need DT for stopping the run.

Then others keep pushing for Donald, who is a pass rush DT.

And I certainly don't want a player who "can play either" CB or S, cuz I think it means he doesn't play either well enough to be considered one or the other.

I think MLB just came into play, as many have suggested. So we're back to my original guy: Mosely.

Safety would be nice. Both will help the run D.

And someone suggested OT. If one of "the big three" are there, that would not be a bad move at all. REALLY build that O Line strength/depth. There are 3movies guys said to be better than the two at the top of last year's draft.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
DT or Corner easily.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Celks

Liked Posts:

Thats true but we also do have Hayden and Frey who could contribute much more then people think and probably will be given the chance to as well. We really dont have a legit starter at the S position left even with the signing of Mundy (although I think he will start). But either way I would be happy with either a C or S in the first round.