What Allen's Signing Means For the Draft

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DT or Corner easily.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Safety is the now pick. DT is the future pick. MLB and CB are fine for now, we could wait until next year....but if the right one is there you don't wait.

Sentinel

Liked Posts:
Have a hard time seeing emery take a non-starter (cb) at 14

To be fair, Justin Gilbert will most likely be a better player than Tim Jennings is and Charles Tillman won't play 100% of snaps this year and might not play long after this season. CB in the first round isn't a bad move.

Dennard at 14 is even a good move, if Detroit or someone else grabs Gilbert.

So is Nix/Donald.

So is Clinton-Dix/Pryor.

It's very unlikely that I'll be disappointed in this first round.

Sentinel

Liked Posts:
Safety is the now pick. DT is the future pick. MLB and CB are fine for now, we could wait until next year....but if the right one is there you don't wait.

Safety is definitely A pick, but THE pick? The first round safeties don't jump out at me. We'll be getting a better player if we go DT or CB. Then in the second round we can grab Reynolds or Buchannon. It's possible to move up in the second round to get Ward as well, without forfeiting a 3rd rounder. You could package picks and throw in one from next years' draft and it'd be received with open ears from a team whose aim is to stockpile picks. The Patriots do stuff like this in the second round all the time.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
As much as I hate to say it...Seattle and San Fran still shit all over us.

Assuming they stay healthy. We have a totally revamped defense and if guys like DJ Williams and Peanut Tillman stay healthy -- we'll be playing in the NFC Title Game.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
To be fair, Justin Gilbert will most likely be a better player than Tim Jennings is and Charles Tillman won't play 100% of snaps this year and might not play long after this season. CB in the first round isn't a bad move.

So is Nix/Donald.

So is Clinton-Dix/Pryor.

I'd rather select the BPA at either the safety position or DT. If the D-Line is playing well, the importance of CB's can be minimized. When a QB is getting bull-rushed from all angles and is totally shook - you don't need Revis to have success.

Sentinel

Liked Posts:
I'd rather select the BPA at either the safety position or DT. If the D-Line is playing well, the importance of CB's can be minimized. When a QB is getting bull-rushed from all angles and is totally shook - you don't need Revis to have success.

Then you'll likely have your pick of the litter. I don't think Pryor or HHCD will go by 14, so they'll both be there. And Donald and Nix will both likely be available as well.

This is why so many people want to move back. But to Emery I say just stick at 14 and take the guy you want the most.

DaBears23

Liked Posts:
For some reason I believe emery will select either Hageman or Pryor in the first. Hageman can play anywhere on the line and could push ratliff for the starting spot Or Pryor which I believe can play either FS or SS wich mundy can do also.. mark my words. And as far as MLB I think he goes with a hard hitting, run stuffing guy like Borland with guys like Peterson, bush and packers rb ( i forgets his name lol)

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
For some reason I believe emery will select either Hageman or Pryor in the first. Hageman can play anywhere on the line and could push ratliff for the starting spot Or Pryor which I believe can play either FS or SS wich mundy can do also.. mark my words. And as far as MLB I think he goes with a hard hitting, run stuffing guy like Borland with guys like Peterson, bush and packers rb ( i forgets his name lol)

i can only see hageman being the pick if emery trades down, if would be a huge reach to take hageman at 14. I'm not sure pryor is on emery's list, the bears need a coverage safety to compete with conte and pryor looks to be more of a in the box safety type with limited coverage skills. None of the safeties really seperate themselves and so hopefully emery targets a safety in the later rounds.

Also wasnt there some kind of injury with mosley thats pushing him down draft boards?

RisWell

Liked Posts:
We need to get younger. Bears just bought themselves a few years to do that.

It's BAP and that sure won't be a safety @ 14

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Safety is definitely A pick, but THE pick? The first round safeties don't jump out at me. We'll be getting a better player if we go DT or CB. Then in the second round we can grab Reynolds or Buchannon. It's possible to move up in the second round to get Ward as well, without forfeiting a 3rd rounder. You could package picks and throw in one from next years' draft and it'd be received with open ears from a team whose aim is to stockpile picks. The Patriots do stuff like this in the second round all the time.

I think it very much depends on how you view Mundy. I view him as a FS who will be tackling guys closer to the line of scrimmage, take better angles, and do a better all around job than Conte as the emergency last player.

For my mind, Pryor is a missile you can plug straight into SS and upgrade yourself against both pass and run from Week 1. HaHa would upgrade FS, and the host of guys in round two including Dixon, Ward, and Buchanon all upgrade you instantly.

Is it worth ignoring for a chance at a future DT? IDK....depends on how much we like the DT for what we plan to do now and in the future.

Donald, Nix, Hageman, and to a lesser extent Jernigan are all intriguing prospects that could boom or bust. Just depends on what Emery thinks, and how we view the importance and value of safety.

We took a real OG last year, so that tells me Emery wants a guaranteed starter.

My personal mock now goes

1) Mosely
2) Buchanan
3) bpa

I just think that helps us up the middle even more than a safety can. Let Paea emerge in a contract year and Ratliff return to pro-bowl form. Those two things happening would make Safety or Mosely the #1 pick to help us week 1.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
DT was the biggest need before. Allen doesn't play DT. DT is still the biggest need. I think this might drop Donald down a notch though. If we are operating under the assumption that Houston moves inside in the nickel (with Allen, Young and/or McClellin on the edge).....then I think the Bears can get enough pass rush from the other DT if it's Ratliff, Paea, Idonije, or Collins. But you still are weak on the interior on run downs. I think this pushes the DT pick toward a guy like Hageman, Nix or Jernigan.

If I had to put money on it, I'd say the first round pick is going to come down to Hageman, Clinton-Dix or Pryor......which means Emery will draft somebody completely different.
Houston does a fine job at 3-tech. I'd still like a DT but at least we don't need to reach and we could use Nix as much as Donald. Both great players.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

So is Nix/Donald.

So is Clinton-Dix/Pryor.

This. I don't think a CB in the first would be bad with Peanut's injury concerns but i'm thinking if the right trade down is there then that's what we'd do and then go Safety, but i can see us going MLB,CB or DT with the trade down but again i think as the team sits right now that safety would be the best choice.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
At 14 I'm taking Gilbert > Donald > Trade Down > Cross fingers Donald falls/Nix/Dennard/Hageman/Jernigan. Could use whatever we get from our trade down to move back up into the 2nd and pick up Jimmie Ward who can start at safety and also cover as a NB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm with you on waiting till the 2nd round to grab our safety but absolutely not down with trading any picks at all.

RisWell

Liked Posts:

So is Nix/Donald.

So is Clinton-Dix/Pryor.

Gilbert is definitely more athletic then Jennings. I'm not sure he can cover anywhere near Jennings. Jennings be on receivers like glue.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Id be THRILLED with:

S HaHa Clinton-Dix at 14

DT Justin Allen or Ego Ferguson in the second

cb Roberson in the 3rd

hester247

Liked Posts:
#14-Donald-DT
#51-Dion Bailey or Jimmie Ward- Safety
#82-Loucheiz Purifoy-CB

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think it very much depends on how you view Mundy. I view him as a FS who will be tackling guys closer to the line of scrimmage, take better angles, and do a better all around job than Conte as the emergency last player.

For my mind, Pryor is a missile you can plug straight into SS and upgrade yourself against both pass and run from Week 1. HaHa would upgrade FS, and the host of guys in round two including Dixon, Ward, and Buchanon all upgrade you instantly.

Is it worth ignoring for a chance at a future DT? IDK....depends on how much we like the DT for what we plan to do now and in the future.

Donald, Nix, Hageman, and to a lesser extent Jernigan are all intriguing prospects that could boom or bust. Just depends on what Emery thinks, and how we view the importance and value of safety.

We took a real OG last year, so that tells me Emery wants a guaranteed starter.

My personal mock now goes

1) Mosely
2) Buchanan
3) bpa

I just think that helps us up the middle even more than a safety can. Let Paea emerge in a contract year and Ratliff return to pro-bowl form. Those two things happening would make Safety or Mosely the #1 pick to help us week 1.

Interesting. I see Mundy more as a SS but and Pryor being able to play both spots effectively. I like him at FS though. I'm not really in favor of Mosley at 14 though. Between his injury history, playing on a stacked team, and really, pretty ordinary stats compared to some of the other top LB's this year, I don't see him being worth the 14th selection. I'd welcome him if we traded down into the 20s, though. If we stay at 14, I think Pryor, Donald, Dix, or Gilbert would make the most sense.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
bear will trade down and take a safety, corner and DT with their first 3 picks.