What Allen's Signing Means For the Draft

Mpov22

Liked Posts:
It needs to be a DT at 14 unless Gilbert is still available or a trade down if they want to take the other available CB or Safeties. I actually prefer Ward to C-D or Pryor but that's just me, and I don't see Mosley being a good NFL LB.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
And GB with a healthy offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GB won't have a healthy offense after they play the Bears.

And GB ins't all that great anyway.

There is a new favorite in the North - or there will be come May 10th

TL1961

Liked Posts:
They are not going to take a corner in the 1st unless Gilbert drops to them. Your 1st rounder needs to be a starter and with Jennings and Tillman signed, there is no room for them. They will take a corner in the 3rd most likely that can sit and learn for a season and contribute on special teams.

Donald can come in a start right away. So could Mosley or Clinton-Dix. Those are the three guys they will be looking at, IMO.

If they go DT in the 1st, safety will be in the 2nd and vice versa.

They want to contend in 2014 AND BEYOND.

Drafting solely based on starting in 2014 isn't a smart move. Chances are they will get a potential starter at a position of need anyway, but I doubt they pass on a guy because he might not start for 1 year. A top CB is a need now and in the future. Even with Tillman and Jennings, we need a CB.

We face Rodgers and Stafford twice a year. We can't have enough talented CB's.

Obviously they have multiple positions they can target, and I hope they do get a starter. But I would not pass on a talented CB if it came to that.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Safety is the now pick. DT is the future pick. MLB and CB are fine for now, we could wait until next year....but if the right one is there you don't wait.

I don't understand this comment at all.

We need a safety NOW, but not in the future?

We desperately need a safety. We actually need two. We don't have a starting quality S on the roster, and S is a key position.

Safety, CB, MLB, DT....we could use help at all of them. Probably in this order.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
They want to contend in 2014 AND BEYOND.

Drafting solely based on starting in 2014 isn't a smart move. Chances are they will get a potential starter at a position of need anyway, but I doubt they pass on a guy because he might not start for 1 year. A top CB is a need now and in the future. Even with Tillman and Jennings, we need a CB.

We face Rodgers and Stafford twice a year. We can't have enough talented CB's.

Obviously they have multiple positions they can target, and I hope they do get a starter. But I would not pass on a talented CB if it came to that.

Agreed. I want a DT in the first round, but our CB depth is scary thin. And next year, if Tillman leaves or becomes ineffective, it'll be even worse. I agree that the situation at safety is bad also, but I'd rather get a talented CB.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Agreed. I want a DT in the first round, but our CB depth is scary thin. And next year, if Tillman leaves or becomes ineffective, it'll be even worse. I agree that the situation at safety is bad also, but I'd rather get a talented CB.

I'm not saying I want a CB at #14, necessarily. But I know CB is a HUGE need. People say we have Tillman and Jennings, so we won't get a starter. But Tillman just missed 8 games a year ago, and at best, has 1 year left as a Bear. And teams need more than 2 CB's for all types of coverages/schemes. An injury to Peanut or Jennings could derail the team. So we need to draft a good CB. It doesn't have to be in round 1.

I think saying our needs are in "this particular order", as I did, is not the same as saying we must draft them in that order. If there's not as great a difference between a player you can get in Round 1` vs Round 2 at a one position, but there IS at another, that should impact your decision.

You don't go into the draft determined to draft ONE particular position in the 1st, another in the 2nd, etc.

And now, as we have discussed, they absolutely have a lot of flexibility as to who they take where.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
I don't think it is arguable that DT and S are our two biggest needs. of course we are very thin at CB. I feel like Emery would take a top CB before a top safety. Having a ferocious front four can really help buy us time revamping our DBs over the next couple of years. We saw Conte was average/respectable when we were getting pressure. If we can minimize his responsibilities with quality at CB and in the pass rush, we won't necessarily need to draft a safety in the first couple of rounds. Something like Gilbert/Dennrd in the first and Tuitt in the second is a real possibility. We could also go DT in the first with Donald, in which case we may actually go safety over CB in the 2nd round. It all depends on the first pick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Emery could pick a MLB,CB,S, or DT with our first pick and i'd be happy, especially at #14 cause there will be players at each of those positions that are instant starters.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Why is everyone saying corner at 14? Doesn't make any sense. We need our first to play from day one and with Tillman and Jennings back a corner would be a wasted 1st rounder in my opinion. We need immediate starters on defense at UT, S, and MLB. The 1st rounder HAS to be one of these positions.

winterwarz

Why is everyone saying corner at 14? Doesn't make any sense. We need our first to play from day one and with Tillman and Jennings back a corner would be a wasted 1st rounder in my opinion. We need immediate starters on defense at UT, S, and MLB. The 1st rounder HAS to be one of these positions.

Who's to say a rookie would beat out D.J. Williams? Safety makes sense.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
I agree DT Donald should be our 1st pick but since there is depth in the draft, Emery will get Mosley or a CB if they slip. His FA signings are brilliant and can be moved to DT so the more I think about it and Tillman with only 1 year and injury-prone, I think maybe a CB