Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;2agO4PhJTLs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2agO4PhJTLs[/video]

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;Py4mRZFqYaw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py4mRZFqYaw[/video]

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
It is amazing but in year one Emery changes the WR group from laughing stock to what is now considered the best duo in league. In year two he took what we called an offensive line for years and turned it into a solid, cohesive unit with the potential to only get better.
In year three he has taken a line that could not stop the run or get to the QB and added top run stoppers and pass rushers at the end positions. Some may not like Emery but it is really hard to argue that he knows what he is doing. He identifies the biggest weakness and attacks it full force.

I do like what Emery has done, certainly an upgrade over the previous clown show.

But I'm reserving credit until he builds a winning team that can threaten the likes of SF/Seattle/Denver/NE. Allocating resources toward area of need is such a basic, fundamental part of the GM position that it seems ridiculous to give props to the guy for not ignoring areas of obvious needs. Obviously JA set the bar pretty damn low.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
No actually his drafts have been pretty terrible so far. I agree drafts take time to evaluate, but things aren't looking that good so far.

I disagree, he had one draft that I would grade as an "F" and one draft I grade as an "A". Pretty extreme in both cases, he must not whiff on our 1st two rounds this year. If he can pick up a couple stud players for the D we will be well on our way to rebuilding.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree, he had one draft that I would grade as an "F" and one draft I grade as an "A". Pretty extreme in both cases, he must not whiff on our 1st two rounds this year. If he can pick up a couple stud players for the D we will be well on our way to rebuilding.

I'm pretty much on board with your previous post.

It's fine to disagree, I just think last years class will end up being a disappointment for the Bears. But I'll add that there is potential for it being great, time will tell.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Arguable.

Bah, you only say that because after year 1, the biggest weakness was also coaching and he attacked that full force too - much to your chagrin.

Haters_Gonna_Hate_03.jpg

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure it is, he was one of the worst RT's in the league and that's not an opinion.

Antonio Richardson would look VERY good on our right side. I am not against a huge RG a little later either and sliding Long to RT.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I wouldn't call 2012 an "F". Emery nabbed a pro bowl WR in Jeffery and a nickel back in Frey. That's something. The miss on the McClellin pick and then whiffs on Rodriguez and Hardin make it really up and down. So maybe a "C". If McClellin redeems himself at LB, which is a big if, maybe the draft bumps up slightly from there.

And I think 2013 has the potential to be an "A" draft depending on how the LBs develop. Obviously Long was a home run and getting a starter in Mills that late was fantastic.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
RTB, always a buzz kill. Must be a Canadian thing :shrug:

Says the guy who bumps his own shit just to fluff himself.

PS - Emery's arrow is pointing up, but needs better drafting to get over the hump. I don't see that as a buzzkill :shrug:

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
You win some you lose some. On one hand you have picks like Shea (who I haven't written off yet, especially at LB), Hardin etc...on the other you have Long, Alshon, Jordan Mills etc. No GMs hit on 100% of his picks. I think he's been good, not great as far as the draft so far. But when you look at his performance in its entirety (hiring Trestman and giving us a legit offense, FA etc) I'm pretty impressed.

I agree and will add, when comparing Emery drafts, even though he's had some glaring misses, he has had some hits, nice solid hits, where Jerry Angelo (may this be the last time I type his name) has some horrid complete miss drafts.

lurker

Liked Posts:
I must have missed the boat on the whole Mills sucks thing...all season long everyone was talking about how well our rookie right side was playing, and while I would say that he regressed as the season went on, I still thought he did pretty well for a rookie. I'm guessing after the season was over some website came out with player rankings based on stats and now he sucks?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I must have missed the boat on the whole Mills sucks thing...all season long everyone was talking about how well our rookie right side was playing, and while I would say that he regressed as the season went on, I still thought he did pretty well for a rookie. I'm guessing after the season was over some website came out with player rankings based on stats and now he sucks?

I still would love to know where Long will line up next year. I still think his future is at right tackle.