New Mock...Post Allen Signing

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I believe Ebron will be there and he is one of my favorite players in the draft beside Watkins. He would make our two TE sets almost unstoppable. I don't think Phil will take him. I like all three of the top OTs as well. We can really use a young defensive stud but I want the best football player at 14.

Yep, I am definitely leaning BPA right now within reason. I probably wouldn't go OT in the first but shit if a Teddy Bridgewater falls, I wouldn't mind scooping him up and grooming him ala Rodgers for 3 years to take over for Cutler after the guaranteed portion of his contract is over. I think we can go in a lot of different directions now.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
At this point I would probably rank my picks in this order of guys likely available in the 1st round.

1. Ebron - I would not pass on him if he falls to us. Can always get a DT, S, or CB in the 2nd round and this kid could put our offense over the top.
2. Gilbert/Denard - I know most prefer a safety but I don't like the idea of us having no backup if Tillman goes down. To me I let Gilbert being he backup CB while also learning Nickel and FS if he seems capable enough of handling it.
3. Donald - We need to get a young stud on the DL at some point.
4. Dix - Bigger need but I think we should be in BPA mode and I rate all the gives above him higher.

If they took Ebron I wouldn't be disappointed at all.

Have no idea why the NFL hasn't moved in the direction of dynamic twin TE sets. Run behind two TEs or have two TEs go out on pass routes in the middle of the field that's the best way to exploit the Seahawks match up size and speed on their elephant LB scrape guards out to their safeties in the run game. Ebron and Bennett could do that and do it well. Move away from a fullback and transition to the next best weapon on the field. Spread them out and run it boggles my mind that this hasn't happened yet in the NFL.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
If they took Ebron I wouldn't be disappointed at all.

Have no idea why the NFL hasn't moved in the direction of dynamic twin TE sets. Run behind two TEs or have two TEs go out on pass routes in the middle of the field that's the best way to exploit the Seahawks match up size and speed on their elephant LB scrape guards out to their safeties in the run game. Ebron and Bennett could do that and do it well. Move away from a fullback and transition to the next best weapon on the field. Spread them out and run it boggles my mind that this hasn't happened yet in the NFL.

wait... this isn't what the pats were doing with Gronk and Hernandez?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I think the Pats were doing something similar but I believe the difference being A-Murder wasn't that great of a blocker. A Bennett and Ebron duo could be great not only in the passing game but also in the blocking game.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
wait... this isn't what the pats were doing with Gronk and Hernandez?

Yes and with great success, which begs the question given the NFL is a copycat league why haven't more teams done the same. Why not have arguably a better or at worst an equal blocker than a fullback but a far better receiver?

The whole fucking simple stupid idea opens up everything especially play-action. Tight ends are like wide receivers but better blockers and teams would have to personnel and defend you as such and yet it hasn't happened.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
I don't know how signning Allen changes anything we still need a DT more than anything. If Donald is there at 14, you take him. It's plain and simple as that.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who is Arnold? Or did Aaron Donald decide he was a Brazilian soccer star and change to one name?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
At this point I would probably rank my picks in this order of guys likely available in the 1st round.

1. Ebron - I would not pass on him if he falls to us. Can always get a DT, S, or CB in the 2nd round and this kid could put our offense over the top.
2. Gilbert/Denard - I know most prefer a safety but I don't like the idea of us having no backup if Tillman goes down. To me I let Gilbert being he backup CB while also learning Nickel and FS if he seems capable enough of handling it.
3. Donald - We need to get a young stud on the DL at some point.
4. Dix - Bigger need but I think we should be in BPA mode and I rate all the gives above him higher.
I was waiting for someone to post about taking Ebron with the first pick and while i'm against it, he's a beast and they're saying he's the next V.Davis or better. I wouldn't rule Emery out of taking him at 14 either.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
1. Calvin Pryor FS
2. Jaylen Watkins CB
3. Jordan Tripp OLB
4. Daniel McCullers DT
5. Prince shembo OLB/DE
6. Storm Johnson RB
6. Gabe Ikard C

Tapatime
My goodness what's with the OLB's?? We don't need 2 OLB's when we already have Briggs,Bostic,Greene and McClellin at those spots so make one of them a MLB to backup DJ Williams.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Who is Arnold? Or did Aaron Donald decide he was a Brazilian soccer star and change to one name?

We can just start calling him Arnold McDonald.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I haven't been able to check in much today, I must have missed a lot.

So now that the Bears have a legit pass rush DE, they no longer have a need at 3T DT? Donald is out now because of Allen? I guess I got some reading to do, gotta figure out this sudden shift in team needs.

Feels like "hey we got a shutdown CB and no longer need a Safety", or maybe "we have a brilliant QB whisperer, we don't need a DC with a brain". Scratch that last one, that actually happened.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
My goodness what's with the OLB's?? We don't need 2 OLB's when we already have Briggs,Bostic,Greene and McClellin at those spots so make one of them a MLB to backup DJ Williams.

I would give Tripp a chance to compete at MLB. He could have the skill set for it and maybe develop there. And shembo can also play DE. Emery loves versatility.

Tapatime

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
lol My bad. Yeah, I don't know why I keep thinking Donald is Arnold.:smh:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would give Tripp a chance to compete at MLB. He could have the skill set for it and maybe develop there. And shembo can also play DE. Emery loves versatility.

Tapatime
If he can play the MLB then i'm good with that just as long as we get a MLB somewhere in this draft cause we can't count on DJ to stay healthy and how good is he really??

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don't know how signning Allen changes anything we still need a DT more than anything. If Donald is there at 14, you take him. It's plain and simple as that.

You don't know how signing Allen changes the needs of the D Line? Houston could play 3-tech, and the need at DT is far less.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
You don't know how signing Allen changes the needs of the D Line? Houston could play 3-tech, and the need at DT is far less.

It doesn't change the fact of the matter. The run defense is beyond awful. Having Allen is not going to change the soft spot in the middle of the line. DT is still a priority.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Last year's defense was worst in Bear's history. If anyone thinks the first 2 draft choices shouldnt be defensive players has brain damage

n8boz

Liked Posts:
I love the Allen signing for a few reasons. #1 it gives the Bears a much needed RDE, #2 I think it sets Houston up for a nice year full of 1 on 1 matchups, & #3 it increases draft options in the early rounds. Soooo here goes...

1) FS - Ha Ha Clinton Dix. Now that the Bears have a reliable vet presence on the front 4, I love the idea of Clinton with the first pick

2) DT - Stephon Tuitt - I think this kid would be a beast on a 1-gap 4-3 front who can line up on all 4 D-Line positions.

3) DT - DaQuan Jones - We still need a 1-shade & I think DaQuan & Tuitt could do alot of damage as the future DT tandem

4) MLB - Christian Jones - Do not "avoid this kid like the plague", especially if he is on the board in the 4rth round. The only reason his stock dropped was because F.S. moved him from being a 3 down coverage LB to the LEO/DE position, which was a bad move.

5) SS - Ahmad Dixon

6) HB - Storm Johnson

6) C - Tyler Larsen

This mock would make me very happy.

Tyler Larsen is my neighbor. I shit you not!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2