New Mock...Post Allen Signing

Liked Posts:
I love the Allen signing for a few reasons. #1 it gives the Bears a much needed RDE, #2 I think it sets Houston up for a nice year full of 1 on 1 matchups, & #3 it increases draft options in the early rounds. Soooo here goes...

1) FS - Ha Ha Clinton Dix. Now that the Bears have a reliable vet presence on the front 4, I love the idea of Clinton with the first pick

2) DT - Stephon Tuitt - I think this kid would be a beast on a 1-gap 4-3 front who can line up on all 4 D-Line positions.

3) DT - DaQuan Jones - We still need a 1-shade & I think DaQuan & Tuitt could do alot of damage as the future DT tandem

4) MLB - Christian Jones - Do not "avoid this kid like the plague", especially if he is on the board in the 4rth round. The only reason his stock dropped was because F.S. moved him from being a 3 down coverage LB to the LEO/DE position, which was a bad move.

5) SS - Ahmad Dixon

6) HB - Storm Johnson

6) C - Tyler Larsen

This mock would make me very happy.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Tuitt falls to the Bears in the 2nd Round...which I HIGHLY doubt he falls to pick #51 or anywhere near it. Huge steal.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the Allen signing for a few reasons. #1 it gives the Bears a much needed RDE, #2 I think it sets Houston up for a nice year full of 1 on 1 matchups, & #3 it increases draft options in the early rounds. Soooo here goes...

1) FS - Ha Ha Clinton Dix. Now that the Bears have a reliable vet presence on the front 4, I love the idea of Clinton with the first pick

2) DT - Stephon Tuitt - I think this kid would be a beast on a 1-gap 4-3 front who can line up on all 4 D-Line positions.

3) DT - DaQuan Jones - We still need a 1-shade & I think DaQuan & Tuitt could do alot of damage as the future DT tandem

4) MLB - Christian Jones - Do not "avoid this kid like the plague", especially if he is on the board in the 4rth round. The only reason his stock dropped was because F.S. moved him from being a 3 down coverage LB to the LEO/DE position, which was a bad move.

5) SS - Ahmad Dixon

6) HB - Storm Johnson

6) C - Tyler Larsen

That would be a great draft. Dixon at 6th is probably too much to hope for....but Tuitt could fall to second, or Hageman, or Nix.....I could see one of those guys falling for 1 concern or other.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
If Tuitt falls to the Bears in the 2nd Round...which I HIGHLY doubt he falls to pick #51 or anywhere near it. Huge steal.

If they want him bad enough they can trade up like they did for Jeffery.

Liked Posts:

That is something I've though about editing by moving up in the in the second round with their 4th round pick to draft Tuitt. Do you think it would be worth the move even though there are still a number of defensive needs? I think I would actually lean towards the Bears doing just that if that's what it came down to.

Liked Posts:
That would be a great draft. Dixon at 6th is probably too much to hope for....but Tuitt could fall to second, or Hageman, or Nix.....I could see one of those guys falling for 1 concern or other.

I have Dixon in the fifth.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is something I've though about editing by moving up in the in the second round with their 4th round pick to draft Tuitt. Do you think it would be worth the move even though there are still a number of defensive needs? I think I would actually lean towards the Bears doing just that if that's what it came down to.
The Bears would have to move up at least 10 picks to get Tuitt. Not sure one pick does it(I don't have the trade value chart in front of me)

CuttyDoesIt6

Liked Posts:
This would be awesome, even though i think they should draft a TE late in the draft. I could really see Tuiit dropping, and if he doesnt there is still Jones, Sutton,Johnson, Ferguson, ect

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
who, besides Gilbert who probably will be long gone, should be taken ahead of Donald? I don't know but the thought of adding Donald seems more and more like a no-brainer if he is there.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Emery picks Jerrnigan.... with the 14th pick...

let the screaming ensue... lol

Sagbear

Liked Posts:

This Board will explode, I think he will try hard to trade down. If not I still think Donald is very much in play and if Gilbert is there he fits what Emery looks for in a prospect. I think they will also draft a SS type rather than FS and are most likely having Mundy and Conte battle for the FS spot.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

would not be down with the pick BUT, i dont think it would super horrible pick, Hes not flashy like Donald but he is still good. maybe in a scenario where we trade down and donald is gone.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

5) SS - Ahmad Dixon

6) HB - Storm Johnson

6) C - Tyler Larsen

Would much rather grab a corner at 14 than a safety and then go safety in two or three. I think Jimmy Ward and Deonne Buchannon are better than Pryor and just a small notch below Ha Ha. Would rather grab the bigger value in round one and that means a pass rusher or a lockdown physical corner.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At this point I would probably rank my picks in this order of guys likely available in the 1st round.

1. Ebron - I would not pass on him if he falls to us. Can always get a DT, S, or CB in the 2nd round and this kid could put our offense over the top.
2. Gilbert/Denard - I know most prefer a safety but I don't like the idea of us having no backup if Tillman goes down. To me I let Gilbert being he backup CB while also learning Nickel and FS if he seems capable enough of handling it.
3. Donald - We need to get a young stud on the DL at some point.
4. Dix - Bigger need but I think we should be in BPA mode and I rate all the gives above him higher.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
At this point I would probably rank my picks in this order of guys likely available in the 1st round.

1. Ebron - I would not pass on him if he falls to us. Can always get a DT, S, or CB in the 2nd round and this kid could put our offense over the top.
2. Gilbert/Denard - I know most prefer a safety but I don't like the idea of us having no backup if Tillman goes down. To me I let Gilbert being he backup CB while also learning Nickel and FS if he seems capable enough of handling it.
3. Donald - We need to get a young stud on the DL at some point.
4. Dix - Bigger need but I think we should be in BPA mode and I rate all the gives above him higher.

I believe Ebron will be there and he is one of my favorite players in the draft beside Watkins. He would make our two TE sets almost unstoppable. I don't think Phil will take him. I like all three of the top OTs as well. We can really use a young defensive stud but I want the best football player at 14.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
1. Calvin Pryor FS
2. Jaylen Watkins CB
3. Jordan Tripp OLB
4. Daniel McCullers DT
5. Prince shembo OLB/DE
6. Storm Johnson RB
6. Gabe Ikard C

Tapatime