Getting free agents is all great and all but Emery needs to draft better.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
I sure hope so because his mini-camp and training camp hype was insane and he had a pretty meh regular season. Nothing impressive but nothing terrible either.

I think he's played pretty well for a 6th rounder. Being a starter in his 2nd year and being average is pretty good.

Wilson is not a bust...he may be our #3 WR. Besides Shea Emery has done very well.

Absolutely. To label Wilson or Washington as busts at this point is 1) wrong because it's too early and 2) wrong because they were 7th and 6th rounders.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah I am not down on Frey. Just hope he becomes more of a playmaker.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I too cannot wait for the day when the Bears won't have to rely on FA, but Emery took over a team with far too many holes/aging players, and there was simply no way to be competitive without hitting FA hard.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know of anyone can judge the drafting capability of any GM based upon two drafts. If you look at it, we got two pro bowlers out of our first two drafts which isn't too bad for the first time around. When was the last time that a number 1 pick from the Chicago Bears went to the Pro Bowl? Did Angelo ever have a first rounder go to the Pro Bowl? Tommie Harris is probably the only one I can think of. That means in 10 years of drafting Angelo had one first rounder go to the Pro Bowl.

I'm not sure that McClellin is truly a bust yet. I call a player a bust when he is not signed by the team after his initial contract or is cut before his contract is up. The Bensons, Terrells, Carimis and such are busts. I personally think that McClellin could be a bust but he has also been poorly utilized by the coaching staff. I don't know what Emery was thinking when he drafted McClellin but he certainly hasn't been utilized to take advantage of his strengths. I am hoping with the LB change that maybe we can get some real value for him. He may never be a pro bowler but he could be a better player under a better scheme.

scatterthegold

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll be the drunk guy posting on spring break, but shut your dirty whore mouth. Again Emery has addressed the biggest need on our team, which is something we haven't seen in decades, but people will anyways dive the negative way to look at things. We are one defensive tackle away from being the favorites in the North. I don't care how you look at it but he's solidified the d end position. Like he's solidified WR and OL, so pardon my optimism, but the guy had a Fucking plan and he adhered to it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I sure hope so because his mini-camp and training camp hype was insane and he had a pretty meh regular season. Nothing impressive but nothing terrible either.
So you're saying he was a highlight of that D, comparatively.