Is Marques Wilson ready to be the Bears #3?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I know everyone wants to talk defense and rightfully so. It is just that other than our 2 stout starting WRs and TE, we don't have a lot of depth at receivers with the release of Earl Bennett, Eric Weems, Devin Hester, etc.

I hope that Wilson is ready to take a step in the right direction. We also probably need to sign another receiver for camp/competition. Maybe a late rounder on one?

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
He is traning with Brandon Marshal so yes!

All he needs is to get 200 yards a season something even Earl Bennett can do.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He is traning with Brandon Marshal so yes!

All he needs is to get 200 yards a season something even Earl Bennett can do.

fuck off panda

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Udfa and guys already signed like Terrence Toliver? Are going to be competition.

Hixon is a guy who'll play WR probably more ham Weems did.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

KPBears

Liked Posts:
Assuming no injuries, the Bears' #3 receiver, whomever wins that spot, will really be the #5 target after Brandon, Alshon, Forte, and Martellus Bennett. I'm not worried about production in terms of receptions and td's from that spot. I just hope that the new #3 can provide similar blocking to Earl Bennett.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
for me, its not a matter is he or isn't he ready.....It really should be "He "Must" be or He "HAS" to be ready.....

Rawky

Liked Posts:
I think so. He needed to do some growing up for sure, but watching him in college i felt like he was a super talented guy with a lot of the right attributes. An offseason of training with the pros and seeing what it takes to be big time and have success should do him a lot of good. At this point i think it's up to him how much improvement we'll see.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This isn't just about the #3 WR, this is as much about a backup able to step in as a #2.

I love Alshon, but he is one out of two on healthy NFL seasons. Does anybody think the BM and AJ will both be healthy for 16+ games? I hope so, but reality and stuff.

NE.Rugger

Liked Posts:
This isn't just about the #3 WR, this is as much about a backup able to step in as a #2.

I love Alshon, but he is one out of two on healthy NFL seasons. Does anybody think the BM and AJ will both be healthy for 16+ games? I hope so, but reality and stuff.

You peaked my curiosity and I had to check it out. Marshall has never played less than 14 games in a season. That makes me wonder if working out with Marshall last offseason helped Jeffrey with his durability. Hopefully all this work Jeffrey and Wilson are putting in with Brandon will improve every facet of their game, even those we don't really think about.

Sentinel

Liked Posts:
A guy I think might be a later pick but is one of the most consistent quality WRs is Jordan Matthews. I wouldn't mind if he came in the 4th round.

As for injuries, I don't think Brandon Marshall feels pain. And AJ was injured a bit his rookie season but after a stellar sophomore campaign, I'm not too worried about it.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
Assuming no injuries, the Bears' #3 receiver, whomever wins that spot, will really be the #5 target after Brandon, Alshon, Forte, and Martellus Bennett. I'm not worried about production in terms of receptions and td's from that spot. I just hope that the new #3 can provide similar blocking to Earl Bennett.

While I agree with you for this season. I think the Bears see Wilson as being much more than that in time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know everyone wants to talk defense and rightfully so. It is just that other than our 2 stout starting WRs and TE, we don't have a lot of depth at receivers with the release of Earl Bennett, Eric Weems, Devin Hester, etc.

I hope that Wilson is ready to take a step in the right direction. We also probably need to sign another receiver for camp/competition. Maybe a late rounder on one?

Not one person on this forum or the media can answer that question at this time. No one knows how his offseason workouts and how is training has helped him. No one knows how much (in any) bulk he has added.
Once we start having mini camp and OTA's, we can get a better sense.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You peaked my curiosity and I had to check it out. Marshall has never played less than 14 games in a season. That makes me wonder if working out with Marshall last offseason helped Jeffrey with his durability. Hopefully all this work Jeffrey and Wilson are putting in with Brandon will improve every facet of their game, even those we don't really think about.

I'm with you, best case scenario is the starters play all season and Wilson or any #3 plays that role. It's just not shocking to see a couple guys (no matter how hard they worked in the off season) miss a game or two.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rule #1... block for Forte
Rule #2... block for Brandon
Rule #3... block for Alshon
Rule #4... block for Bennett
Rule #5... if you aren't doing any of those... catch the pass cuz the scrub DB is covering you. lol

But seriously... learn to block anyone and everyone...