Ot: Sox get Peavy if he waives his no-trade

2ndcitydiehard

Liked Posts:
Well according to ESPN and Peavy's agent it looks like his desire to stay in the NL is going to be what kills this deal. I wonder if the Padres come to Peavy and ask him to take on for the organization knowing that his value could only plummett as the deadline approaches and this could be the best deal they get.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
2ndcitydiehard wrote:
Well according to ESPN and Peavy's agent it looks like his desire to stay in the NL is going to be what kills this deal. I wonder if the Padres come to Peavy and ask him to take on for the organization knowing that his value could only plummett as the deadline approaches and this could be the best deal they get.

I hope he tells management to eff off. They shouldn't have signed him to a big deal if they knew their piss poor organization couldn't afford it.

Demand to go to the cubs for a conditional 9th round pick, and nothing more.

:)

2ndcitydiehard

Liked Posts:
chi_hawks_23 wrote:
2ndcitydiehard wrote:

I hope he tells management to eff off. They shouldn't have signed him to a big deal if they knew their piss poor organization couldn't afford it.

Demand to go to the cubs for a conditional 9th round pick, and nothing more.

:)

Well I am pretty sure under those circumstances they just bite the bullet and eat his salary.

But why should he tell them to eff off? Ownerships' situation changed (owner is in the process of a very messy divorce and getting cleaned out) plus the downturn in the economy it's not like it's thier fault they couldn't see this far into the future. Don't forget this team is just over a year removed from a 163rd game against Colorado... oh and Matt Holliday still hasn't touched home plate.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Nice try by the pale hose but I don't see Peavy saying 'yes' to this. He doesn't want to pitch in the AL, his numbers will increase dramatically and he knows this, and he doesn't want to pitch for a psycho manager like Ozzie. And honestly, the Sox would lost alot in getting him. They would lose Peroda, who's their prize lefty, as well as Richard, who once he masters his control will be a solid lefty, and probably have to give up Broadway as well. Giving up on 3 good young pitchers, and 1 possible great one for injury-plauged Peavy just doesn't seem smart to me. The Sox already raided their farm system to get Swish last year, and that worked out well didn't it?

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
the cubs don't really need any starting pitching, they have two excellent starters in zambrano and harden and two very good starters in dempster and lilly. you don't need to bump lilly down to the fifth starter, the cubs don't need that kinda rotation.

the white sox on the other hand just allowed 20 runs in a defeat, so peavy could help. i just don't see what kind of prospects that the sox have that could get peavy to chicago

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
Nice try by the pale hose but I don't see Peavy saying 'yes' to this. He doesn't want to pitch in the AL, his numbers will increase dramatically and he knows this, and he doesn't want to pitch for a psycho manager like Ozzie. And honestly, the Sox would lost alot in getting him. They would lose Peroda, who's their prize lefty, as well as Richard, who once he masters his control will be a solid lefty, and probably have to give up Broadway as well. Giving up on 3 good young pitchers, and 1 possible great one for injury-plauged Peavy just doesn't seem smart to me. The Sox already raided their farm system to get Swish last year, and that worked out well didn't it?

Are you Cubs fan?

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Does that have legs? Are the mets interested? I know they havent had any talks, but I was just wondering

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Does that have legs? Are the mets interested? I know they havent had any talks, but I was just wondering

The Wilpons said that they were willing to take on more money down the line if it meant the Mets would go far. Mets needs are a solid #2 or #3 and a bat. I could see Peavy and Gonzales for Murphy Pelf and a prospect.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Adrian Gonzales? That guys he untradeable. Hes signed to very cheap contract so I doubt they deal him. If you did that deal it would have to be at least 3 top prospect plus couple of good prospects. Your going to have to give up more since your in NL.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Adrian Gonzales? That guys he untradeable. Hes signed to very cheap contract so I doubt they deal him. If you did that deal it would have to be at least 3 top prospect plus couple of good prospects. Your going to have to give up more since your in NL.

Mets have the prospects. Mets will need to make moves, we have many holes.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Isn't Minaya kind of conservative though? If theres all star caliber starter on the market I guarantee Kenny will be wheeling and dealing his ass off to make the move though

sabixx

Liked Posts:
the mets are in talks for Derosa right now, they're not going to beable to land Peavy and Gonzalez. one maybe,not both. theres no reason for the Padres to trade those two guys in one deal.

2ndcitydiehard

Liked Posts:
sabixx wrote:
Dempster isn't even good, let alone very good.

Really? 17 wins and a sub-3 ERA isn't good or very good? I think it is. He's off to a slow start this year but he's got a 3.29 ERA in May, I'd say he's pretty decent, eh?

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:

The Wilpons said that they were willing to take on more money down the line if it meant the Mets would go far. Mets needs are a solid #2 or #3 and a bat. I could see Peavy and Gonzales for Murphy Pelf and a prospect.

That may be the most lopsided deal in history, lol. Gonzalez is up there with the most valuable players in all of baseball. That wouldn't anywhere close to getting Adrian alone, let alone throw in Peavy as well.

sabixx

Liked Posts:
2ndcitydiehard wrote:
sabixx wrote:

Really? 17 wins and a sub-3 ERA isn't good or very good? I think it is. He's off to a slow start this year but he's got a 3.29 ERA in May, I'd say he's pretty decent, eh?

thats one season,every other year in his career has been bad to terrible, and its not as if its a short career,hes sucked for a long,long time.

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
sabixx wrote:
2ndcitydiehard wrote:
sabixx wrote:

thats one season,every other year in his career has been bad to terrible, and its not as if its a short career,hes sucked for a long,long time.
One season? Since he's been a Cub (starting in 2004) his ERA+ has been 112, 141, 96, 99, 151, and 104. That's a 123 ERA+ over his last 6 years. Not too shabby. I'm not saying he hasn't had an off year or two, but you have to keep in mind he was in the pen for most of those years only throwing 2 pitches as opposed to the 4 they have expanded him to now.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
He was closer every year besides last year so you can't really compare Era stats.