Emery has clearly studied the Shehawks...

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
...and emulating the vast depth approach they used on their D-line.

However...he CLEARLY hasn't played attention to their secondary.

We have Peanut and Tj

They have studs at every spot.

Signing Allen was nice Phil but WTF you gonna do about safety?

He blew it. He shoulve spent some if that money he's spent at DE on a LEGIT STARTING safety. Even an Antoine Bethea woudve been a HUGE upgrade of the clowns we got now.

If Haha or pryor or whoever we draft don't make an immediate impact...emery blew it for 2014.

And frankly I hope we still go DT in round 1.

Your mom's playing safety for free.

Beardwn3454

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why it's so hard to realize that you build a great D based on the front line quality and depth. That will help cover up some holes in the secondary. Then you can work on drafting and developing quality/legit starters at the DB spots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
...and emulating the vast depth approach they used on their D-line.

However...he CLEARLY hasn't played attention to their secondary.

We have Peanut and Tj

They have studs at every spot.

Signing Allen was nice Phil but WTF you gonna do about safety?

He blew it. He shoulve spent some if that money he's spent at DE on a LEGIT STARTING safety. Even an Antoine Bethea woudve been a HUGE upgrade of the clowns we got now.

If Haha or pryor or whoever we draft don't make an immediate impact...emery blew it for 2014.

And frankly I hope we still go DT in round 1.

Emery has clearly studied the Shehawks...

....then where's are "Russell Wilson"

NE.Rugger

Liked Posts:
Tell that to Ralph Wilson.If you don't play to win a super bowl every year your in the wrong business. So for Phil emery his logic should be...NO, THERE IS NO FOOTBALL PAST 2014. With our prospective safety situation for 2014 we will not win the super bowl.

Yes, obviously every team would like to win the superbowl every year. But you wouldn't sell out the future for a shot at the coming season. At least not with what we are currently working with. Phil is looking to add young talent while still attempting to field the best team possible. If he wasn't he wouldn't have signed guys like Allen, DJ Williams, or Tillman.

We have our offense of the future. We resigned Garza to a one year deal to allow us to focus on the defensive side of the ball before we address grabbing our C of the future either in the late rounds/UDFA or next year. Once we do that everything in addition is gravy.

We have several potential pieces of our defense of the future and will look to add more in this coming draft. Houston, Young, Jennings. Possibly guys like Bostic, Greene, Frey, Bass, Collins. Who knows maybe McClellin, Washington, or even some of those young CBs we have may turn into something. We'll likely add around 5 guys from this draft. Pieces like Peanut, Allen, and Williams will allow us to be competitive while the kids develop.

I'd rather look to field a team that is competitive year in and year out than try to sell out for a shot at one year.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeff George has had so many concussions his brain fell out.