Post Jared Allen Mock Draft

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1[14] S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix [Alabama] 6'1" 209lbs.

With the additions that Phil Emery has made to the DL and the return of Charles Tillman there is now only 1 glaring need on the defense and that is FS. The Bears could take a DT here, but I also think that Houston and Idonije will get a lot of 3rd down DT work and that leaves limited reps for a young DT. The Bears want to be more aggressive on defense and to do that you need a safety capable of covering the deep third and matching up in man coverage. Last season the Bears had embarrassing safety play and they cannot afford to have it derail a season again. Clinton-Dix is not a thumper, but he is the best coverage safety in the draft and has the range to play zone and the size to match up with TEs in the passing game. HCD would give the Bears their most gifted safety since Mike Brown.

180483795.jpg

2[51] CB Bashaud Breeland [Clemson] 6' 190lbs.

The Bears best 3 CBs are all over 30, 2 of them are on 1 year deals, 2 of them dealt with serious injuries in 2013 and the other is a 5'8" #2 CB that cannot match up with the bigger WRs the Bears face. The Bears may no need a starter in 2014, but they need someone who can be counted on to start in 2015. Breeland has been compared to Charles Tillman because of his length and physicality. He is a raw player, that probably would have been a 1st round pick had he gone back to school. He has a year to develop behind some very good CBs and he will provide depth in case injuries become an issue.

Bashaud%20Breeland%20Florida%20State%20v%20Clemson%20M_YrXxZxMIvl.jpg

3[82] DT Da'Quan Jones [Penn State] 6'4" 323lbs.

The Bears do not have a ton of reps for a young DLmen with their additions and they have even less if Houston and Idonije take reps at DT on passing downs. But the Bears do have room for some youth and size on the interior and could use a high upside back up NT that has starting potential down the line. Jones has the size that the Bears have been missing on the interior and with his power he can immediately enter the rotation and help them against the run and in short yardage. This move will also allow Paea to play fewer snaps and hopefully keep him healthier. Depth killed the Bears last season and this season they have far more options.

0ap1000000238021.jpg

4. LB Jordan Zumwalt [UCLA] 6'4" 235lbs.

The Bears need a long term answer at MLB, but they do not need somone who has to play all 3 downs. The 4th round is the perfect time to look for a player that needs to be a 2 down plugger and that if they develop into more than bonus. Zumwalt dealt with injuries at UCLA, but he is big, physical and plays with a ton of aggression and physicality. He will be a special teams stand out and a good run plugger for the Bears that can set the physical ton fo the defense.

Jordan%20Zumwalt%20Ameer%20Abdullah%20Nebraska%20v%20UCLA%20yQotbYzTrhWl.jpg

5. C Bryan Stork [Florida St] 6'4" 315lbs.

With Garza and Boggs back at C the immediate need at C may not exist, but the Bears still need a C of the future and that will consist of a competition between Stork and Boggs. Stork has the size and the top level experience to be a starter in the NFL.

6_1098461.jpg

6. QB Tom Savage [Pitt] 6'5" 235lbs.

Savage has the size, big arm, and ability to potentially turn into something at the NFL level. The problems are that he never really produced at an elite level, he was pummeled at PITT, and he has some serious technique work to do. Enter the QB whisperer who gets a project with upside to work with and see if he can develop him into something. Having a developmental player to take advantage of Trestman's specific expertise is an advantage that the Bears should avail themselves of. Maybe Savage is a long term back up, maybe he becomes trade bait, and maybe he is the long term replacement for Cutler.

20130902_jel_al8_110.0_standard_730.0.jpg

6. RB Storm Johnson [UCF] 6' 210lbs.

The Bears need some cheap RB depth that will run hard in short yardage situations and play on special teams, a couple of things that Michael Bush did not do last season. Johnson runs hard and violent and he can play on special teams.

Storm-Johnson-NFL-Draft.jpg

QB: Cutler, Palmer, Savage
RB: Forte, Ford, Johnson
FB: Fiammetta
WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Wilson, Hixon, Tolliver
TE: Bennett, Rosario, Onubon
LT: Bushrod
LG: Slauson, Brown
C: Garza, Stork
RG: Long, Boggs
RT: Mills, Britton

RE: Allen, Young, Bass
DT: Ratliff, Idonije, Collins
NT: Paea, Jones
LE: Houston, Washington
SLB: Bostic, McClellin, Franklin
MLB: Williams, Zumwalt
WLB: Briggs, Greene
CB: Tillman, Jennings, Breeland, Frey, McManis, Hayden
FS: Clinton-Dix, Conte, Jennings
SS: Mundy, Steltz

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mocks are kinda meaningless now. Its bpa all the way bitches.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
To my uneducated eye, this looks fine. However, Bif says Allen doesn't get us to the Super Bowl and only makes us older.

Therefore, could you get pre-approval from Bif and Jerry Angelo in the future?

Thank you for your consideration.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I think everybody likes Haha at 14 now. I also think that Emery should consider trading up into the last 1st or early 2nd to snag CJ Mosley too (assuming he's still available).

Then this defense could be something.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would love Savage in the 6th. Think he goes before then but I really like the kid. I think we need a swing tackle before we get another center. We're really thin there. Britton isn't signed yet...

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
That would be an excellent draft. Im not a big fan of Haha at 14, but I absolutely love Breeland, DaQuan Jones, Zumwalt, Storm and Savage.

Will say I think the last 2 picks go earlier than the 6th. I think both are 5th rounders. They've been shooting up boards.