Please explain how this hybrid defense that we'll be running works

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
bill polian says different
I heard him say it too, but he's only making an assumption based off of the players brought in through FA. Its not like Emery told him his dirty secrets. He does believe we are moving from the traditional cover 2.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Calm down triple dash. Logic has no place here. This is the pre-draft twilight - zone

AussieBear

I heard him say it too, but he's only making an assumption based off of the players brought in through FA. Its not like Emery told him his dirty secrets. He does believe we are moving from the traditional cover 2.

He didnt say he the bears would be going completely hybrid, but that they are just going away from a more traditional tampa 2 towards a hybrid look. So sprinkling in Hybrid fronts makes sense

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
He didnt say he the bears would be going completely hybrid, but that they are just going away from a more traditional tampa 2 towards a hybrid look. So sprinkling in Hybrid fronts makes sense

Again, a hybrid D does not consist of sprinkling in different fronts, it consists of incorporating both 1-gap and 2-gap responsibilities.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
The Bears were never going to run the hybrid because they did not hire coaches with hybrid experience. They happen to be in very short supply. It does appear they will use as a change of pace some 3-4 alignments as they did hire coaches with 3-4 experience who also are experienced with 1 gap 3-4 defenses. We appear to have a primary 4-3 , one gap defense as yet to be determined beyond that what Tucker and his coaches have in mind.

AussieBear

Again, a hybrid D does not consist of sprinkling in different fronts, it consists of incorporating both 1-gap and 2-gap responsibilities.

sprinkling in different fronts as in going from 1 to 2 gap responsibilities.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, I think we would have seen a 2-gap nose tackle get signed in free agency if that was the plan.
Nix is an interesting speculation but even if we draft him, or don't for that matter, it doesn't mean we go hybrid. If we did, we'd certainly have versatility going forward.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't wait to get my Jared Allen haircut.....:X

Does this signing change anyone's pick at #14? I want Donald less at 14 now tbh.