Student Athletes Are Employees

mini ditka

Liked Posts:
I was talking to someone and he seemed to think that college athletics in the revenue producing sports should be separated from academics. That way players would have a choice to be paid or to have a scholarship that they could use later when they are not running around the country for their team. I think the NCAA is corrupt. They are making a lot of money on college basketball and football and the players do not share any of that money. What is the value of a scholarship if they cannot be paid? Maybe in the long run a union is not the way to go, but the players do need to have some form of representation. I think the hypocrisy of college athletics is ridiculous. The players should be allowed to sell their autographs and get endorsements. Does anyone remember a short time ago when Olympic athletes were not allowed to be paid? Meaning an athlete had a choice to compete in the Olympics or get paid and end their Olympic career?

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is the value of a scholarship? How about a fucking education. Start making these ungrateful pricks pay taxes on that scholarship.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Taxes is next. NW students. It was free, now your tax on $45K scholarship is 33%

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Thanks+Obama_3cdd16_4420086.gif

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The initial ruling effects private institutions -- and we'll see whether or not it will be overturned.

Private Schools that are relevant in the sporting world:

USC
Duke
Notre Dame
Northwestern
Syracuse
Georgetown
Boston College
Marquette
Villanova
Texas Christian
Gonzaga

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
The kids are getting paid. A free education

Yes and no, the NBA one and done rule allows them to leave college after 1 year.

Where they get paid and are illiterate(see D. Rose press conferences for confirmation).

There needs to be a happy medium between education and the realities of life for college athletes on scholarships.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Are student athletes on scholarship on sports that don't generate net income employees?

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Are student athletes on scholarship on sports that don't generate net income employees?

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Usually

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yes and no, the NBA one and done rule allows them to leave college after 1 year.

Where they get paid and are illiterate(see D. Rose press conferences for confirmation).

There needs to be a happy medium between education and the realities of life for college athletes on scholarships.

Uh the NW FB team has a 3.0+ GPA. lets not proliferate the myth of "can't do both"

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Uh the NW FB team has a 3.0+ GPA. lets not proliferate the myth of "can't do both"

Allow me to re-phrase this via editing.

When one looks at the demographics of most college athletes, Northwestern is an exception rather the norm.