Toews Injured vs. Pittsburgh

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
We'll keep the updates here. GIF is below if you missed it.

846299426.gif
[/IMG]

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
After the game Q says the injury is "not serious" and says Toews is "day-to-day." Will be re-assessed tomorrow.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
WOW....that's surprising. I would have bet the bank that was a dislocation of some sort.

A little good news, anyway.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Glad it's not serious. Fucking face check. Might be a legal hit, but still dirty in my book when you lower your shoulder AND jump straight into someone's face.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Glad it's not serious. Fucking face check. Might be a legal hit, but still dirty in my book when you lower your shoulder AND jump straight into someone's face.

:isee:

:eek:

:blackhawks:

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Yeah "clean hit" if you overlook the elbow to the head, and the boarding...

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
After the game Q says the injury is "not serious" and says Toews is "day-to-day." Will be re-assessed tomorrow.

I don't think Q is telling us everything.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a clean hit at all. Typically isn't when you leave your feet.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I don't think Q is telling us everything.

I doubt Q knew much more than that, honestly. Only so much you can diagnose in a locker room immediately after a game. All they probably did were X-rays to make sure nothing was broken, but you can't necessarily diagnose torn/sprained/damaged ligaments and tendons in an X-ray.

We'll see what happens in the next few days. I imagine Toews will get a more lengthy look from doctors today or tomorrow.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Not a clean hit at all. Typically isn't when you leave your feet.

I think it was clean. He didn't leave his feet until after the contact was made.

Orpik certainly had ill intentions with that hit but you can't suspend a player for that. IMO, he did nothing illegal.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I think it was clean. He didn't leave his feet until after the contact was made.

Orpik certainly had ill intentions with that hit but you can't suspend a player for that. IMO, he did nothing illegal.

I don't think it was suspension worthy but was simply minor roughing worthy.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I don't think it was suspension worthy but was simply minor roughing worthy.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Thought it should have been a charging (which is called when a player leaves his feet). Nothing more, nothing less. A simple 2 minute penalty and definitely not suspension worthy.

He left his feet. It doesn't matter if it was before or after contact, he still launched himself to make the hit. Your feet don't simply come off the ice from making a big hit.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
any updates?

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
I am positive that Toews at least had a dislocation from the hit. Next we are going to find out if Toews will return for the regular season or wait it out. Either two of our best three weapons will benefit from their injuries and burn the ice up in the playoffs, or the team will not gel together quick enough. Who knows which team will show up, but until then, continue theorizing about what might happen in the future.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:

Here's my take - too close to the boards yet a bit too far at the same time. It was a head shot -doesn't matter that it didn't get called - not everything does in hockey - stuff just happens. It is unfortunate, but it is reality.

Heck I remember 1983-84 - that season the entire LW position was out for significant periods with injuries. Just bad luck I guess.

I agree about a minor.