Aaron Donald doesnt want chicago to draft him

AussieBear

You're not being trolled. You're arguing with a fool.

See, Fallwell v. Flynt to see why the idea of Donald suing isn't plausible.

btw you do realize the jury awarded Falwell $100,000 in compensatory damages and $100,000 in punitive damages.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
btw you do realize the jury awarded Falwell $100,000 in compensatory damages and $100,000 in punitive damages.
btw, you do realize that SCOTUS ruled in favor of Flynt right?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
falwell still got paid.
That's the not the point. The point is a precedent was set after SCOTUS heard the case (actually we probably have to give Thomas Nast the credit - maybe?) that when stuff like this can reasonably seen as poking fun at a public figure, done so in a way that nobody (and apparently not everybody) can think that it is possibly true - you can't sue for libel/slander.

AussieBear

That's the not the point. The point is a precedent was set after SCOTUS heard the case (actually we probably have to give Thomas Nast the credit - maybe?) that when stuff like this can reasonably seen as poking fun at a public figure, done so in a way that nobody (and apparently not everybody) can think that it is possibly true - you can't sue for libel/slander.

Yeah.... However, in this case, its not soooo far fetched that ppl wouldnt believe it to be true. Being that scenario has actually happened ala Elway/Eli for example. Also, the author is implying the quotes are donalds words. Luckily the author doesnt live in n korea. Plus, I think Falwell Flynt could possibly go another way in todays age if someone challenged it...

AussieBear

Yeah.... However, in this case, its not soooo far fetched that ppl wouldnt believe it to be true. Being that scenario has actually happened ala Elway/Eli for example. Also, the author is implying the quotes are donalds words. Luckily the author doesnt live in n korea. Plus, I think Falwell Flynt could possibly go another way in todays age if someone challenged it...

I could see Falwell Flynt as a form of bullying. Which is a very touchy subject now a days.. its all fun and games til someone goespostal.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
April Fools jokes are the best.

q8NrI.gif

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Is this thread an April fools prank, or just the OP link?

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard on the radio of an April fools joke where the put mayonnaise in doughnuts. That would end my doughnut eating career.

malcore

lol, I didn't think donuts were possible there.

Toothpaste oreos would definitely be a lawsuit.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Only trade for Rick Mirer if that's the case

Don't be absurd. Mirer is like 50 now. The Bears could more easily trade down multiple times and get like twenty 7th round picks.