Picture of Theo Baseball

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
And how is that different from the masses that repeatedly say over and over and over again about how the farm is doing, how the Cubs have no money, how Hendry is the cause for the Cubs endless suffering, how the rooftop owners are holding everything back, and how their is only one time to spend money, and that is when all of the ducks are in a pretty little row?

In reference to the bold section, that's not rehashing anything. That's actually new events. As for the rest, most of that comes out in response to bitching about the team. I frankly don't give a shit what people post. But, I can see where dabynsky is coming from because people pick some of the most irrelevant shit to start a fight over. Do we honestly need to condemn the front office for signing Joel Pinero to a minor league deal or for the owner making a clearly homerish statement? If people want to jump the front office for their inability to land players like Sanchez and Tanaka I think that's totally valid. But at the same time you don't need to beat a dead horse. Clearly every move the team makes isn't perfect but at the same time every move isn't shit either. How many here were canning the Bonifacio signing as Royals trash 6 weeks ago or whenever it was? All I want is for some to acknowledge that maybe just maybe the front office does some things right in their sea of bad decisions.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
In reference to the bold section, that's not rehashing anything. That's actually new events. As for the rest, most of that comes out in response to bitching about the team. I frankly don't give a shit what people post. But, I can see where dabynsky is coming from because people pick some of the most irrelevant shit to start a fight over. Do we honestly need to condemn the front office for signing Joel Pinero to a minor league deal or for the owner making a clearly homerish statement? If people want to jump the front office for their inability to land players like Sanchez and Tanaka I think that's totally valid. But at the same time you don't need to beat a dead horse. Clearly every move the team makes isn't perfect but at the same time every move isn't shit either. How many here were canning the Bonifacio signing as Royals trash 6 weeks ago or whenever it was? All I want is for some to acknowledge that maybe just maybe the front office does some things right in their sea of bad decisions.

Actually, there were some who liked the Bonafacio signing. I for one, didn't follow him enough.

Now, am I supposed to be excited when there stands a good chance that if Bonafacio excels, that they won't trade him away as they have done all of the other ones?

Right now I am skeptical with any player. I will get a little more excited when they are buyers at the deadline instead of sellers.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Now, am I supposed to be excited when there stands a good chance that if Bonafacio excels, that they won't trade him away as they have done all of the other ones?

I suppose that's a fair point but they are only trading away players when the team is bad. Theo's first year I view as whatever because as I've said else where the moment they go from $135 mil to $105-110 mil they were going to be shit. Last year they were clearly still pretty bad. But that's at least someone because Rizzo Castro and Shark all had bad years for what you would expect out of them. That can absolutely happen again. All I'm saying is can we at least wait til they fail to be negative about it? They are 2-3 vs a pirate team that won 94 games last year. They also lost a game to Cliff Lee. So, while 3-5 isn't where you want to be, they have lost against quality save for the home opener.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
And how is that different from the masses that repeatedly say over and over and over again about how the farm is doing, how the Cubs have no money, how Hendry is the cause for the Cubs endless suffering, how the rooftop owners are holding everything back, and how their is only one time to spend money, and that is when all of the ducks are in a pretty little row?

It's a message board that is supposed to debate topics isn't it? How do you debate if everyone is in agreement with the way things are run?

I love my country, but I sure as hell don't like a lot of what's going on at the top there either.
I know my first statement was super complicated and you probably missed it in the super long response I typed. But let me break it down:
So more circle-jerking between the people that can't handle the most losses in Cubs history and the people that think Epstein has done nothing wrong? Need to bother reading more of this shit?
I think the bolded covers the stuff you are complaining about...

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
How many here were canning the Bonifacio signing as Royals trash 6 weeks ago or whenever it was? All I want is for some to acknowledge that maybe just maybe the front office does some things right in their sea of bad decisions.

Uhm, After game 2 I gave you and the Cubs total props for Bonifacio.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
dumpster-fire-o.gif

We need more pictures of Theo Baseball so far...